Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Horde is so much better in wsg

During last 3 days I've won 20+ and only lost 1 wsg queing as warrior,mage (duo). We are both horde.

Overall I have 70% win rate at wsg:

Do they need to buff Alliance racials? Does ally need more healers/tanks?

On a more serious note, this thread was directed to those who regularely post that the other faction is better at battlegrounds than their own faction. It's not the faction that determines the winner. It's everyones contribution. Others contribute more while others contribute less. Take what ingredients you have and try to make the best cake out of it. Don't complain about your teamates. Make the most you can out of them. I specifically remember one game last night that 9/10 alliance were a premade from a French realm. Before the bg starts there was a couple of people complaining "let them win" "don't ress in the graveyard so it ends fast" which changed their motto after we went 2-0 up to "those french really need to learn to play" "worst premade ever". Eventually we won 3-0 and they didn't even give up. They were strugglying to the very last minute.

Finally I remember a game where we were losing 0-1 and alliance was camping our graveyard. They had better gear and they were zerging. I thought our only chance is to MAKE alliance leave the graveyard. How to do that? Take their flag and kill their (solo) flag carrier (at their territory), proceeding to cap. That strategy worked. Allys were forced to abandon graveyeard to return their flag. That make it possible for the camped horde players to breath and play. Eventually we came back 1-1 before the timer run out. It was a case of a certain defeat that turned out as a victory. Alliance zerging before was forced to be split into lesser numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance ( read: human) already has the best pvp racial.
    The problem with alliance is that there simply are a lot more kids that have no clue what they are doing, not to mention alliance often has less healers and more pve geared people.
    Horde pretty much dominates every battleground, minus the 40man bgs, because of this.

I've still only managed to win one battle in Silvershard Mines. Compared to that, I'm more than satisfied with my 40% wins in WSG.

I've had 94 victories out of 113 WSG battles as Horde. This is skewed by the fact that I always queue with at least 2 other people.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Deleted
    Played a total of 405 games and won 208, that's as alliance and solo queued a lot. Queuing with friends even if it's only one can greatly improve your chances to win a game, though. It's a rather small sample size so I don't think we can conclude that Horde or Alliance are better at BG's.

This is common that either alliance or horde dominates PvP it just changes between battlegroups. In my battlegroup Cyclone / Wirbelsturm alliance often dominates most bg's mostly because 50-70% of horde players are bots..

Quote Originally Posted by Janir View Post
    This is common that either alliance or horde dominates PvP it just changes between battlegroups. In my battlegroup Cyclone / Wirbelsturm alliance often dominates most bg's mostly because 50-70% of horde players are bots..
    Are you sure? I play in the very same battlegroup.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Alliance ( read: human) already has the best pvp racial.
    The problem with alliance is that there simply are a lot more kids that have no clue what they are doing, not to mention alliance often has less healers and more pve geared people.
    Horde pretty much dominates every battleground, minus the 40man bgs, because of this.
    Every man for himself IS strong, it however is the only remotely useable Alliance racial to be in existance. Everything else is pretty much useless. Alliance racials are subpar both in PvP and PvE compared to the Horde ones. It's only natural that the majority of people will opt for the better racials.

The other big Alliance problem is the general mentality trash talking it. I'm playing Horde and battlegrounds are CROWDED with bots, horrible players, kids and people without gear. Then I log onto my Alliance alt and I in all honesty can't see any kind of difference, if anything due to the Alliance now becoming the minority faction (at least in PvP) it seems to be slightly less horrible.

15+ Year Old Account

My wins as Alli, I q'd solo for most of these grinding rep running the flag as disc.
    Sig by Safhira

Quote Originally Posted by soulyouth View Post
    My wins as Alli, I q'd solo for most of these grinding rep running the flag as disc.
    that should help a lot tho, having a healer and people who run and defend flag properly rather than farming mid will pick you up more wins than dumbass dps being headless chickens.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Every man for himself IS strong, it however is the only remotely useable Alliance racial to be in existance. Everything else is pretty much useless. Alliance racials are subpar both in PvP and PvE compared to the Horde ones. It's only natural that the majority of people will opt for the better racials.
    Just my opinion on racials, but I think they are farily even this season.

Human and Orc are both great for pvp and I'd take one or the other as my first choice depending on what I'm doing.
    NE and Undead both have really strong racials for certain specs/comps.

Come to think of it, Troll and Draenei probably have the worst pvp racials. Unfortunately, 2 of my mains are trolls.

I don't think it's anything to do with racials. Racials have nothing to do with carrying on fighting randoms in midfield while the flag carrier runs past solo. Racials also have nothing to do with being incapable of grouping up to make an attack on the efc. Normally i'll just be waiting at their base for 5 mins plus for 3-4 people to join me and despite multiple requests in chat it's rare that anyone comes... It's just a frustrating waste of time most of the time.

I like WSG but I have it on my random blacklist simply because i'm tired of people being incapable of even doing the basics required to have a chance of winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    i've had nelves shadowmeld so many polys its not even funny. the human racial is great for pvp, but saying the others are useless is grossly underestimating them.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zao11 View Post
    Just my opinion on racials, but I think they are farily even this season.

Human and Orc are both great for pvp and I'd take one or the other as my first choice depending on what I'm doing.
    NE and Undead both have really strong racials for certain specs/comps.

Come to think of it, Troll and Draenei probably have the worst pvp racials. Unfortunately, 2 of my mains are trolls.
    No, we have a whole bunch of great racials, the Alliance doesn't. Troll racial is awesome for casters, it's like your personal mini bloodlust added atop racial abilities such as icy veins. Undead racial still is splenty strong against races with fear and touch of the grave is a nice little dmg/healing buff, blood elf silence still wins games as an melee being able to silence once more, tauren stomp the same as blood elf silence and the ability to get enough time to cyclone someone when under pressure, goblin jump - oh boy I can't count how often that one saved me because I could disengage from an enemy who just used his gap closer.

As for Alliance racials, the Human one is fairly nice and the reason my only Alliance char is an human. Draenei is useless, the healing does nothing. Gnome one is only good for melee, worgen one doesn't do a damn when slowed so you might aswell not use it, dwarf is useless aswell those bleeding effects are applied back again as fast as they're gone, and that faster running speed as wisp is sure to help nelfs in Arena.

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    i've had nelves shadowmeld so many polys its not even funny. the human racial is great for pvp, but saying the others are useless is grossly underestimating them.
    Shadowmeld doesn't allow you to do that anymore in Arena, neither does it get you out of combat. The restriction doesn't apply to unrated PvP and random battlegrounds, but who really cares about those? Aside from every man for himself there's no reason to play any Alliance race.

Add to that that pretty much every single last Horde racial is stronger in PvE also, as the Alliance ones don't provide a damn there and we have a situation where playing Alliance doesn't make much sense.

I like how people still discuss battlegroups as if they affect regular battlegrounds. Everyone matches everyone now, so that has nothing to do with it. The simple fact is, for a person who goes in alone (especially as a non-healer) over a stretch of time the win rate will almost always average out to relatively even. I have played for years, and go through spells where I win nearly everything, then spells where I am lucky to even get the daily done. It is mostly luck and basic trends, which happen in anything. However, I will say that Alliance typically has more healers (something that has been the case through all my years of playing) and they also seem to premade a little bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I like how people still discuss battlegroups as if they affect regular battlegrounds. Everyone matches everyone now, so that has nothing to do with it. The simple fact is, for a person who goes in alone (especially as a non-healer) over a stretch of time the win rate will almost always average out to relatively even. I have played for years, and go through spells where I win nearly everything, then spells where I am lucky to even get the daily done. It is mostly luck and basic trends, which happen in anything. However, I will say that Alliance typically has more healers (something that has been the case through all my years of playing) and they also seem to premade a little bit more.

I suspect the larger amount of premades you see on the Alliance team is simply sampling bias of you never being in a horde premade because you queue solo. I would need to see solo vs group queues broken down by faction and role to be comfortable guessing as to why you see more alliance healers.

After a couple hundred games on both toons since vanilla I win about 45% of WSG on my mage and 65% on my resto druid. Needless to say Rdruids can be a real thorn in the ass as flag carriers there.

Last I saw, and it was some time during cata, someone posted the total win/loss ratios of Horde vs Alliance. It had Horde winning all BGs by about 55% to 45%, except for AV which had flip flopped percentages. Playing Horde AV you'd think we win like 20% of them =/

15+ Year Old Account
    Alliance clearly dominates WSG!!!

Seriously how brainless can individual be to jump to conclusions based on one sample out of 10 millions?

I've been wining most BGs since forever playing both alliance horde too, but that doesn't matter since at the same time thousands other BGs are going.

Deleted

specially in peaks and gilneas it just feels us hordies serve some rape.