Poll: Do you mod?

Thread: Do you mod?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yep. To me, playing a PC game without mods is completely unheard of. It's just like, why not play on a console instead. Though, many mods are purely aesthetic or are something I can only view as a necessity and overall improvement to the game.

I'd like to play games like Skyrim Vanilla first, but some of the things these people put in their games are just plain terrible. Specifically, I really hate the hair and how most elf women look like shrively wrinkled up grannies. Also not a huge fan of the ridiculous High Elf chins. It's just like, you know it's time to mod a game when you can't find yourself attracted to any female characters in the game.

minecraft I use plenty of mods now that I know how to do it properly and have a minecraft-specific tool that helps with it. Other games I've played I mostly just derp around with cheats on my second and third playthroughs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    minecraft I use plenty of mods now that I know how to do it properly and have a minecraft-specific tool that helps with it. Other games I've played I mostly just derp around with cheats on my second and third playthroughs.
    Yeah, tools like MCPatcher and Magic Launcher have made Minecraft modding a lot more accessible for people, which in turn makes Minecraft a better game.

I still don't like the idea of buying a game solely to use someone's mod - that almost feels like you're paying the developer for something they had no part in.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately. And it's the main reason I haven't finished a single bethesda game -_- I also haven't finished Dragon Age: Origins/Awakening because of it, either. I get so enthralled in downloading, installing, tweaking, and sometimes even creating mods that I eventually get burnt out and stop playing the game. I'm downloading DA:O/A right now, for probably the 10th time, but this time I'm going to install a handful of mods I 'can't live without' and that is it. I already have them downloaded, will install once the game is downloaded, and I'll be off.

I've had Skyrim installed on my computer since it was released, and I have yet to beat it. I've logged almost 400 hours in the game, too. That's mostly from, no kidding, close to 1,000 restarts. Mods for Skyrim are so finicky. Install too many, or any that have conflicts, and they mess up the game. Have to reinstall and start all over, trying to figure out what messed it up the first time...only to have something else mess it up this time around. As far as main story goes, I've retrieved the horn for the greybeards, and I recall something about a Thalmor party I had to sneak into...and that's it. I've done some side quests, delved into dungeons for some of the shouts, but overall, just flat can't get very far before I install a mod that breaks the game.

My current installation of mods is working fine, for the most part, but I get random crashes whenever I zone into a building. It zones in, saves, but never actually gets past the loading screen. But you know what, I'm tired of playing around with the mods. I'll take the crashes as they come, as I'm determined to beat this stupid game!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's kind of how I am with Fallout 3 and New Vegas. In most cases I'll get about 2/3 of the way through and then want to try a new cocktail of mods, or play with a certain playstyle in mind and start over and eventually you reach the point of burnout and play other games for a while. I've got like... what, like 210 hours in FNV? And I've only actually completed the entire game once. I wouldn't be surprised if I have 300 or more into FO3, but since FOSE circumvents Steam, Steam doesn't track the gameplay time.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

The vast majority of games I do not mod. However, if I know that a developer simply didn't have the time to polish up assets or make everything work the way they wanted, then I will use mods, normally after a standard completion.

However, RPG games like Skyrim/Oblivion/Fallout 3, I tend to be happy with modding mid game. I hate spending 100+ hours in a game and thinking the whole time "Damn this gravel texture is freaking awful." stuff like that just bothers me too much to leave alone.

I rarely ever mod anything, and if I do its minor things like graphics updating, never anything that actually changes the gameplay. I don't think a game is supposed to survive on what the players create, but more so what the developers create. Last game I can remember that I modded was Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and thats some years ago.

I belive that it is the developers faulth if someone should be needet to be modded.

I personally dont ever mod, nor have I played games that really needs it I like to think modding is something you can do, but shouldent be neccesary.

The most Ive modded is maybe installing maps in Warcraft 3 ? Also know as coustomes maps.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

15+ Year Old Account
    Hell yes I mod. Mod the crap out of all you!

Generally no, because I only play multiplayer games, but I skinned CS:S to be more appealing and did with Freelancer / Garry's Mod / Midtown Madness 2!
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    I usually don't mod, only when my brothers find a mod they like, and I have to use it to play with them (which is rarely these days).

Deleted
    Modded Bethesda games are mandatory. I modded the hell out of every Bethesda game, especially Skyrim.