HoF Frost DPS Tips

Im making the switch from Blood to Frost and was wondering if anyone had any Frost DPS tips for Heart of Fear Normal? Will be my first time DPS'n and while I have cleared it all as a Tank and understand boss mechanics I have never DPS'd it other than LFR. Would just like to perform as best as I could. Would be appreciated. Thanks!

HB, HB, HB, HB, and Hb. Did I mention HB? macro pillar with on use trinks, pew pew top meters.

Post constructive please
    Last edited by mmoce994820d54; 2012-12-24 at 09:07 PM.

Deleted
    Tbh HoF don't have a lot of mechanics other than stuff you can ams to gain a bit of dps. On Grand Empress you can ams visions of demise and stay in melee without taking damage or inflecting any raid member around you with it, nor do you get fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Fnx- View Post
    Tbh HoF don't have a lot of mechanics other than stuff you can ams to gain a bit of dps. On Grand Empress you can ams visions of demise and stay in melee without taking damage or inflecting any raid member around you with it, nor do you get fear.
    Pretty much this. You can Purgatory instead of AMZ on a few fights but there isn't really anything worth shelling or Dark Simming in HoF.

Well, I don't really have any tips but if you can try going DW frost because a few of the fights in there favor it more than 2H frost.

Also you can dark simulacrum the MCed people on zor'lok... Maybe you can get something cool =)
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2012-12-25 at 01:42 AM.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Well, I don't really have any tips but if you can try going DW frost because a few of the fights in there favor it more than 2H frost.

Also you can dark simulacrum the MCed people on zor'lok... Maybe you can get something cool =)
    I wouldn't do that unless they make dark sum free. The chance for you to get something useful is pretty much 0.

Is DW really that much ahead of 2H on HB spam fights like Wind Lord? I prefer the play style of 2H more but I guess I would go DW when I get the weapons if its MILES apart for AoE.

Quote Originally Posted by skmage View Post
    Is DW really that much ahead of 2H on HB spam fights like Wind Lord? I prefer the play style of 2H more but I guess I would go DW when I get the weapons if its MILES apart for AoE.
    I got a #6 parse as 2H just because 2H has superior burst. DW is better if you're going to do 4 recks but our DPS is high enough to kill the boss as the 3rd is ending

2H is far superior even on single target fights because of forgiveness part of KM procs. You don't lose much if you hit obliterate as DW , but you lose a fair bit of optimal numbers if you hit FS as 2H

Quote Originally Posted by Fnx- View Post
    I wouldn't do that unless they make dark sum free. The chance for you to get something useful is pretty much 0.
    I did it in LFR for funsies and got a warlocks immolate for 9k every 2 seconds over 15 seconds. Which would about 63k... So yeah you are right, sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dossou View Post
    I got a #6 parse as 2H just because 2H has superior burst. DW is better if you're going to do 4 recks but our DPS is high enough to kill the boss as the 3rd is ending
    Hes talking about doing normal modes not H. Normal is really just sustained aoe and single target at the end. With DWs higher mastery it would be superior. On garalon you will do so much more damage since your main spell is howling blast which if you attack a leg with it it will cleave the leg and the boss. Haven't done N amber shaper in a bit so I can't remember but I believe there is some adds, not sure how that would work. On empress you have the pack of adds which I believe would make DW pull ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranaas View Post
    2H is far superior even on single target fights because of forgiveness part of KM procs. You don't lose much if you hit obliterate as DW , but you lose a fair bit of optimal numbers if you hit FS as 2H
    If you don't lose much as DW and lose a fair bit with 2H wouldn't it be the other way around?

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    I did it in LFR for funsies and got a warlocks immolate for 9k every 2 seconds over 15 seconds. Which would about 63k... So yeah you are right, sorry about that.
    I ran a few tests now and my best result was 68k, witch did include a crit and 5 hits (Not very likely you get a crit everytime) The cost of dark sim is the same as FS witch in my case hits avg for 62k and crit avg 115k - That might sound like it would add pretty much even up considering most FS crits will always be with KM proc if you either can't OB or already spamming FS the sec you get a KM proc. By using 20 RP on dark sim and not FS you give yourself pretty bad odds getting THAT one spell that isn't useless, another thing would be you'll miss out on runic empowerment or blood tab stacks depending on what you play.

Overall I don't see it being wroth the risk at all, the kind of spells you want are stuff like wings, but very unlikely you'll get.

edit;
    Another thing is how many warlocks even play destruction on that fight?

29 in 10H
    22 in 25H
    Last edited by mmoce994820d54; 2012-12-25 at 10:59 PM.