Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I like em, cheese and all, though some of the syfy ones can be unwatchably bad. I think I like infectious agent apocalypse movies better than some astro/geo/event type apocalypse. The Core was so silly, but I liked it. Melancholia is definitely a different genre; if you go into it expecting something like Armageddon you'll be sorely disappointed, it's more about quiet emotional disaster than violent earth-shattering disaster.

Every week...Dante's Peak is on...Pierce Brosnan is great, but I get burned out on this film and subsequently all disaster movies.

Love em! ! !
    warp field to weaken its armor, let it close, then tech armor! - Turian hipster

I have to say I'm just glad I don't like in New York or LA. I would feel real uncomfortable when I see a new release of a movie and one of those two cities is getting absolutely destroyed. Would make me wonder if people would actually care if it happened or just excited it finally did...then again maybe I'm just being pessimistic...
    "I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse."
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'” - Issac Asimov

I feel the same way about disaster movies than I do about zombie apocalypse movies.

Excessively overdone and uninspired :|

Quote Originally Posted by Rickmagnus View Post
    I have to say I'm just glad I don't like in New York or LA. I would feel real uncomfortable when I see a new release of a movie and one of those two cities is getting absolutely destroyed. Would make me wonder if people would actually care if it happened or just excited it finally did...then again maybe I'm just being pessimistic...
    Thank goodness Hawai'i usually doesn't get destroyed in these movies. I think 2012 is the only one I've seen in which Hawai'i is part of the global cataclysm.

There will probably be some nutjobs out there that will get excited if that actually happens in real-life.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2012-12-25 at 09:23 PM.

Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II