Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Again, the fact that they can only report x number of stories from a given period of time creates bias, because they have to make a value judgement on which story they believe to be more important or the public wants to know.
    I sense the same argument as in the gun thread`s, just cos something is not 100% accurate all the time, it's invalid.
    That argument is really flawed. A calculator can be bugged and come up with an erroneous value from time to time, does it make it as flawed as a 6th grader doing math?
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I'm simply arguing for what the article states, I have no idea who the patriot guard are and have no opinions about them as of this time. I don't find this issue pressing enough to do any research on it - as is typical of anything involving the WBC - I'm merely arguing against the ridiculous amount of hypocrisy I find in this thread. Most liberals consider themselves enlightened and constantly trash talk conservatives for being bigots and for stereotyping - something you can find a great deal of in this thread by liberal posters. I find this comical, though, of course, most of these posters will continue to think themselves enlightened and I have accomplished nothing, I did give myself a laugh tonight.

As far as the political rift in America, don't expect this to ever get better. The two parties actively attempt to be as polar opposite as they can be, which means that, no matter who is in power, half of America will be extremely pissed off at its government. It is the nature of politics itself. Remove yourself from your own political opinions during discussions and play devil's advocate, at least you will get some entertainment out of it.
    I do not really agree. I am a progressiveness Liberal myself but I hardly consider myself en lighted. Fox News has a history of twisting words to meet their own agenda. Even Steve Jobs was once quoted as saying Fox News is a destructive force on our society and he was super rich. Fox News operates on fear of the public. They throw out things to anger the public then they exploit that anger and promote Mitt Romney for example twenty four seven.

Personally Obama was once quoted as saying they're not a legit news network. MSNBC for example when Obama lost the first debate. Chris Matthews admitted it and screamed where was Obama. They ripped him a new one. As when Romney lost they said nothing expect promoting their own agenda. I have no problem with their point of view. They have a very long history off distorting the truth.

I have no problem they are a right wing media group. I have a problem with them lying on purpose and spreading their mis information to the public. It has nothing to do with being a Republican. Its a moral issue.
    Last edited by FusedMass; 2012-12-25 at 06:11 PM.

Deleted
    That's...unusual. And ahistorical as far as I can tell, the Left have been associated with all sorts of movements, but traditionally the Right are associated with the church. I guess Quakers mix it up a bit, but I don't think the Westboro Baptist Church has a great deal in common with those.

15+ Year Old Account
    That some people in this thread would take Faux News seriously... actually explains a lot. Mostly about the misinformed irrational hatred.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Fox News also says "Tide goes in, tide goes out".
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    I missed no point, I know exactly what I'm saying... I know Fox twists the words... Every Media outlet twists the words... MY problem is the unabashed Fox hating MMO-C members think that FOX is the ONLY one twisting the words. And if no one calls them out on it they'll continue to think that.
    No, you still missed the point. I don't care about Fox News, I don't care about CNBC, I don't care about words like "liberal", "conservative" or "honky-doodle" because that's all they mean to me. I'm just saying that a person, be it whoever, can run for a political office, under a specific political party, and not be an actual representative of that party. Whether it be because they are "faking" it, or because they are just so extreme that nobody, even those of the party they claim to belong to, takes them seriously. And it doesn't matter, one way or the other, what these specific people call themselves in the context of politics. Because they are just crazies who nobody thinks anything more than crazies. That's all I'm saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    WBC protests against gays and abortion. Okay, that's something that's pretty much unique to the religious right.

HOWEVER! I've never in my life met a Republican who would, under any circumstance, protest at a soldier's funeral. You guys can try as hard as you want to pin WBC on the Republican party, but you're only lying to yourself. I speak for all of the Republican party when I say that we literally want to slowly burn these people to death every time we see them protest at a military funeral. To us, there is no greater insult to America. I don't even believe in hell, yet I still can't imagine these people not burning for eternity.

They may not be a left-wing group, but if anyone thinks that the GOP is responsible for them then he's just a arrogant bastard who's got his head stuck up his own ass.

---------- Post added 2012-12-25 at 10:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Fox News hasn't liked them for a long time...

Now if this doesn't give you at least a little bit of respect for Hannity and Colmes, then there's something wrong here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post

They may not be a left-wing group, but if anyone thinks that the GOP is responsible for them then he's just a arrogant bastard who's got his head stuck up his own ass.
    I may have missed a few posts, been a bit distracted today... but who has been saying that exactly? The argument here is that not only is WBC not left-wing, but they are the extreme religious right which does not put them with the GOP. It pretty much goes - Lib.......center......Con..................................................WBC.

Now if this doesn't give you at least a little bit of respect for Hannity and Colmes, then there's something wrong here.
    That's setting the bar for respect at an all time low. I can't think of any sane person who (openly) agrees with WBC's views.

10+ Year Old Account
    I cheer for those bikers. I remember several years ago WBC and its leader Fred (the devil incarnate) phelps advertised that they would be coming to the U.K to my home town, because a school was doing a play telling the life and death of a young gay man who was killed and his body left hanging from a wire fence.
    The result ended up Phelps as his clan were banned from entering british air space, and I've followed reports of the sick old bastard since.. why someone hasn't shot him yet it remarkable.
    #boycottchina

No one wants anything to do with them. I heard even the baptists don't consider Westboro part of their church.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I find it awesome that FOX News has to make up lies to protect their political aims.

WBC is a far-right wing extremist (hate) group.
    They aren't associated with a political group, actually.

I'm sorry if you wanted more or expected more, you chose to make your comments about a candidate while trying to call me out, I provided the videos, and to me thats enough to prove you wrong. As far as slapping a group for the actions of a few individuals, you do it all the time, dont feign incredulity when its done in response. I'm using the tactics your side has taught me. Want me to actually attempt to be reasonable, then perhaps you might consider attempting it as well.
    All I wanted was more then: LOOK HERE! We have proof that they want hands outs! 2 random ass people is enough to prove an entire section of the population thinks that screams prejudice. And I really fail to remember when I accused you specifically of.... whatever you think i am accusing you of. And no that's not enough to prove jack shit. To me anyway. But on the: oh I'm just going to do what other assholes have done and drag shit through the mud, that doesn't help when trying to make your point seem right. Be the bigger man. And semantics on the filibusters. Still stands the GOP has abused that power time and time again in recent years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    All I wanted was more then: LOOK HERE! We have proof that they want hands outs! 2 random ass people is enough to prove an entire section of the population thinks that screams prejudice. And I really fail to remember when I accused you specifically of.... whatever you think i am accusing you of. And no that's not enough to prove jack shit. To me anyway. But on the: oh I'm just going to do what other assholes have done and drag shit through the mud, that doesn't help when trying to make your point seem right. Be the bigger man. And semantics on the filibusters. Still stands the GOP has abused that power time and time again in recent years.
    The party in power always claims the minority is 'abusing' the filibuster rules, doesn't matter who the hell is in the majority. The difference IS, that only the Democrats find it appropriate to bring up changing the rules to effectively stick it to the Republicans... I say, Go for it, change the rules to suit yourself... but you damn well better STFU when those same rules are used against you in the future.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

The party in power always claims the minority is 'abusing' the filibuster rules, doesn't matter who the hell is in the majority. The difference IS, that only the Democrats find it appropriate to bring up changing the rules to effectively stick it to the Republicans... I say, Go for it, change the rules to suit yourself... but you damn well better STFU when those same rules are used against you in the future.
    Ill say it again. The dems have NEVER abused the filibuster as the GOP has. That's just the truth. You talk of double standards when they don't exist in this situation. But go ahead you keep thinking the GOP is somehow compensating for what the dems HAVE NOT DONE. Just goes to show how you rather play paddy cake paddy cake then try and get anything done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    Ill say it again. The dems have NEVER abused the filibuster as the GOP has. That's just the truth. You talk of double standards when they don't exist in this situation. But go ahead you keep thinking the GOP is somehow compensating for what the dems HAVE NOT DONE. Just goes to show how you rather play paddy cake paddy cake then try and get anything done.
    Bullshit Sir, Bullshit. Want to change the filibuster rules then do it.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I wonder if one day WBC will anger the wrong people.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Fox News also says "Tide goes in, tide goes out".
    "Bread goes in, toast comes out, can't explain that."
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Bullshit Sir, Bullshit. Want to change the filibuster rules then do it.
    If love too but I'm sure the GOP would filibuster that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I cheer for those bikers. I remember several years ago WBC and its leader Fred (the devil incarnate) phelps advertised that they would be coming to the U.K to my home town, because a school was doing a play telling the life and death of a young gay man who was killed and his body left hanging from a wire fence.
    The result ended up Phelps as his clan were banned from entering british air space, and I've followed reports of the sick old bastard since.. why someone hasn't shot him yet it remarkable.
    It's times like this you're sorry that the Assassins don't exist, huh? =)

Sir, with respect, when you have voters that freely admit to voting for one person because he's gonna give them free stuff, pay for their gas, pay for their morgagte, etc, then one doesn't have say much more. I want an informed educated electorate, that way the US can progress forward, not stagnate. Progress requires agreement and cooperation, During the Bush years the Dems attempted to block many things, Obama years, you will claim rightfully so, that the GOP has attempted to block many things... its called grid-lock.. its bad... its time for BOTH parties to stop fucking hating each other and fucking learn to work together.

As far as MMOC people and their position on twisting words, from the observation of those afflicted with FDS (Fox derangement syndrome) you'd never be able to tell that they would agree with your statement, in fact, I dont even agree with it. Y'all paint your media outlets as credible, reasonable, and balanced, and thats bullshit.
    I think the right wing is in trouble with voters for 2 reasons:

1. The extreme religious ties make people that are interested in the party very nervous. When I see members of the GOP mentioning "rape is a gift from God" and these statements go unchecked... I'd honestly rather have an economy that isn't perfect as opposed to someone like that in power. I'm a white male too, and I'd probably benefit greatly from their policies but I got a code of ethics.

2. The view that "lazy hispanics and blacks only vote for Obama for free stuff" pretty much comes off as racist... which likely does net them some voters, but likely costs them far more. I could argue "white people only voted for Romney because they want less fortunate blacks and hispanics to starve to death", and that statement would be just as baseless as what republicans are saying.

Republicans are going to have to embrace change on some level I think if they want a serious chance at the white house again.