Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Stood in the Fire Senedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    361
    mmk another reason why i dont ever watch foxnews they be crazy and stupid : /

  2. #42
    The Patient Eisaderfrau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Cali / No. Carolina USA
    Posts
    230
    Because Fox news has a stranglehold on turning the news to fit their agenda right?

    Oh wait, no they don't. The only problem is they are the only ones who take a right wing slant on the news while the rest of the "News" out there is so far left it's sickening. The reason Fox sounds so radical is because every other news outlet is spewing liberal dribble and calling it "facts" and "reporting".

    If you want to say Fox twists facts and lies, fine. Just make sure you include CNN, CBS, CNBC and all the others when you mention the lies of the media because they do it just as much.
    "And then, as though awoken from a blind stupor,the people of the internet realised that: no one gives a damn.
    And no damns were given." - Calon, MMO-Champion (source)

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Kkk was founded by Democrats, and the left opposed the abolition of slavery
    Actually this is correct but not the whole story. The nature of political parties changes over time. In New York for instance, La Guardia ran as both a socialist AND a republican which today would be ludicrous. The GoP under Lincoln ran under a banner of total ABOLISHMENT, not just chattel slavery. Wage slavery as well was only considered at best a temporary solution.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-12-24 at 11:00 PM.

  4. #44
    The Unstoppable Force Rukentuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mini Soda
    Posts
    23,549
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Kkk was founded by Democrats, and the left opposed the abolition of slavery
    Democrats pre FDR were the conservatives, and the Republicans the liberals. Learn your history.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    I wouldn't expect someone who thinks science provides proof to know that.

  5. #45
    Fluffy Kitten Baiyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    York, Blighty
    Posts
    5,104
    How despicably cheap, underhanded and downright dishonest. Just what one would expect from the spawn of Murdoch.

    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    How are these kooks affiliated with any political spectrum? They're nuts. Anyone who says theyre far right or far left is nuts themselves. Grow up!
    This is quite a valid point. The WBC does seem to be fairly apolitical in their objectives and doctrine (beyond how fundamental religious beliefs might affect one's political positions). They're just hateful bigots who pick on easy and topical targets for attention.

  6. #46
    The Insane Didactic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Blorch - Home of the Slaughtering Rat People
    Posts
    16,346
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Democrats pre FDR were the conservatives. Learn your history.
    The party switch is actually quite...amazing, if you think about it.
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    - Thucydides

    There is a modern myth that people have always tended towards democracy, constitutions, electoral rights; but in truth, love of freedom has never been the predominant note of popular politics. At most times, popular demand has been for a strong government.
    - Eugen Weber

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Eisaderfrau View Post
    Because Fox news has a stranglehold on turning the news to fit their agenda right?

    Oh wait, no they don't. The only problem is they are the only ones who take a right wing slant on the news while the rest of the "News" out there is so far left it's sickening. The reason Fox sounds so radical is because every other news outlet is spewing liberal dribble and calling it "facts" and "reporting".

    If you want to say Fox twists facts and lies, fine. Just make sure you include CNN, CBS, CNBC and all the others when you mention the lies of the media because they do it just as much.
    Quit throwing a tantrum. The reason Fox is publicly mocked so often is because they're so notorious for getting caught lying and twisting stories or doing stupid shit on air. Does it happen to others? There's no real question about it, but it's a weekly gag by Fox that keeps their name in the headlines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

  8. #48
    The Unstoppable Force Rukentuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mini Soda
    Posts
    23,549
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    The party switch is actually quite...amazing, if you think about it.
    Pretty much was astounding. I just giggle how Fox News continues to prey on ignorant minds when it comes to say, Lincoln, slavery, and party affiliation.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    I wouldn't expect someone who thinks science provides proof to know that.

  9. #49
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    12,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post


    This is quite a valid point. The WBC does seem to be fairly apolitical in their objectives and doctrine (beyond how fundamental religious beliefs might affect one's political positions). They're just hateful bigots who pick on easy and topical targets for attention.
    Thank you for that word. Why does everyone and everything have to be on one side or the other? Just leave em be, they're crazy, let them be crazy in the corner. I'm not anything, and I'm sure a lot of other people are. Just stop labeling every-damn-thing and leave it be.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  10. #50
    Stood in the Fire Rommon64's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada
    Posts
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Kkk was founded by Democrats, and the left opposed the abolition of slavery
    The Southern strategy

    Dixiecrats

    You seem to be forgetting the post war switch.
    Wiping is Fun! ™

  11. #51
    The Insane Didactic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Blorch - Home of the Slaughtering Rat People
    Posts
    16,346
    Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx View Post
    Quit throwing a tantrum. The reason Fox is publicly mocked so often is because they're so notorious for getting caught lying and twisting stories or doing stupid shit on air. Does it happen to others? There's no real question about it, but it's a weekly gag by Fox that keeps their name in the headlines.
    The only reason Fox is as right wing as it is, is because a market exists for it. That's all.
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    - Thucydides

    There is a modern myth that people have always tended towards democracy, constitutions, electoral rights; but in truth, love of freedom has never been the predominant note of popular politics. At most times, popular demand has been for a strong government.
    - Eugen Weber

  12. #52
    The Unstoppable Force Rukentuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mini Soda
    Posts
    23,549
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    The only reason Fox is as right wing as it is, is because a market exists for it. That's all.
    I don't give a shit about how right wing FOX is, it's their whole "Fair and Balanced" stance on their bias that generally deludes weak-minded individuals into believing that they have no agenda whatsoever.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    I wouldn't expect someone who thinks science provides proof to know that.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    The only reason Fox is as right wing as it is, is because a market exists for it. That's all.
    What does that have to do with what I said?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    The only reason Fox is as right wing as it is, is because a market exists for it. That's all.
    This is definitely on the money. Fox news can pretty much say whatever it wants, as long as it caters to conservatives, they will continue to get viewers regardless of the validity in their statements. That being said... the Westboro Baptist Church is a left wing group? What's next? Bin Laden was a liberal? lmao

  15. #55
    The Insane Didactic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Blorch - Home of the Slaughtering Rat People
    Posts
    16,346
    Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx View Post
    What does that have to do with what I said?
    Was supporting your 'weekly gag' comment.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-24 at 03:03 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I don't give a shit about how right wing FOX is, it's their whole "Fair and Balanced" stance on their bias that generally deludes weak-minded individuals into believing that they have no agenda whatsoever.
    That's a matter of caveat emptor, unfortunately. You know what precedent media control sets.
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    - Thucydides

    There is a modern myth that people have always tended towards democracy, constitutions, electoral rights; but in truth, love of freedom has never been the predominant note of popular politics. At most times, popular demand has been for a strong government.
    - Eugen Weber

  16. #56
    The Lightbringer Mandible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    3,376
    So I guess this means fox doesn´t know left from right?
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I don't give a shit about how right wing FOX is, it's their whole "Fair and Balanced" stance on their bias that generally deludes weak-minded individuals into believing that they have no agenda whatsoever.
    And you get your news from...? Honestly, who doesn't add in their own twist when reporting it? We get fed excessive amounts of bullshit constantly. Any sort of "ethical code" they try to take up is just distorted by what they feel or their reaction to the event to give it an interesting spin. It's not just news anymore, it's entertainment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

  18. #58
    Whether you agree with foxnews or not, Westboro Baptists Church is a cult full of crazy radicals who are "tax exempt" because they are a "religious" group. This is currently being challenged in the legal system I believe so that they can no longer classify themselves as a church and be exposed for what they are, a cult, and hopsfully the amount of back taxes they will have to pay will cause them to just break apart.

    Fred Phelps is an ignorant man and his group of disciples do nothing but spread hate speech and bigotry.
    Thank You Shyama for the sig again!!

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Eisaderfrau View Post
    Because Fox news has a stranglehold on turning the news to fit their agenda right?

    Oh wait, no they don't. The only problem is they are the only ones who take a right wing slant on the news while the rest of the "News" out there is so far left it's sickening. The reason Fox sounds so radical is because every other news outlet is spewing liberal dribble and calling it "facts" and "reporting".

    If you want to say Fox twists facts and lies, fine. Just make sure you include CNN, CBS, CNBC and all the others when you mention the lies of the media because they do it just as much.
    yes the major networks twist things to their views, but only fox not only out right lies about things to an extreme degree, but they just make stuff up just because it fits what they are pushing.
    Stormspellz -mugthol
    Battletag - Stormz#1438

  20. #60
    The Unstoppable Force Rukentuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mini Soda
    Posts
    23,549
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    That's a matter of caveat emptor, unfortunately. You know what precedent media control sets.
    Yeah, and that's why I disagree with any restrictions to the 1st Amendment in this case. It's easily the most valuable freedom Americans have.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    I wouldn't expect someone who thinks science provides proof to know that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •