Page 1 of 16
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Westboro Baptist Church is a left-wing group, says FoxNews

    http://nation.foxnews.com/connecticu...baptist-church

    Bikers Turn Out to Protect Newtown Mourners from Left-Wing Westboro Cult

    Bikers descended on the town of Newtown yesterday and linked arms blocking the hate group protesters of Westboro Baptist Church from disrupting the funerals. (Free Republic)

    Conservative bikers turned out yesterday to protect Newtown mourners from Democrat Fred Phelps and his Westboro cult from protesting.
    The Cochrane Times reported:

    Bikers seem to have thwarted attempts by the Westboro Baptist Church to protest the funeral of Newtown, Conn., shooting victim Principal Dawn Hochsprung.
    I found this one delightful. Is calling the WBC left-wing Fox' way of saying "Even we don't want anything to do with you guys"? I usually avoid Fox so I can't really tell: Is the degree of misinformation always this bad, or is this one an extreme example?

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Epic! Tokru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The end of the rainbow
    Posts
    1,740
    Could also be, that they want to push Westboro towards the Democrats. Some form of dicrediting them by connecting Westboro to them.

  4. #4
    The Unstoppable Force Rukentuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mini Soda
    Posts
    23,466
    I find it awesome that FOX News has to make up lies to protect their political aims.

    WBC is a far-right wing extremist (hate) group.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    I wouldn't expect someone who thinks science provides proof to know that.

  5. #5
    High Overlord Zazzmi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Stormwind Dwarven District Mailbox
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    http://nation.foxnews.com/connecticu...baptist-church



    I found this one delightful. Is calling the WBC left-wing Fox' way of saying "Even we don't want anything to do with you guys"? I usually avoid Fox so I can't really tell: Is the degree of misinformation always this bad, or is this one an extreme example?
    When even Foxnews is poking fun at you, you've definitely got a serious PR problem.

    On a better note, watching the showdown between Anonymous and WBC this past week has brought me more joy than I would have ever anticipated

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    I found this one delightful. Is calling the WBC left-wing Fox' way of saying "Even we don't want anything to do with you guys"? I usually avoid Fox so I can't really tell: Is the degree of misinformation always this bad, or is this one an extreme example?
    No its their way of trying to blame democrats for what an extreme right wing religious fundamentalist group is doing.

  7. #7
    How are these kooks affiliated with any political spectrum? They're nuts. Anyone who says theyre far right or far left is nuts themselves. Grow up!

  8. #8
    Epic! Tokru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The end of the rainbow
    Posts
    1,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Doom Panda View Post
    On a better note, watching the showdown between Anonymous and WBC this past week has brought me more joy than I would have ever anticipated
    Sounds interesting. Do you have any links for further reading at hand? ^^

  9. #9
    Pandaren Monk Slummish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,780
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    http://nation.foxnews.com/connecticu...baptist-church



    I found this one delightful. Is calling the WBC left-wing Fox' way of saying "Even we don't want anything to do with you guys"? I usually avoid Fox so I can't really tell: Is the degree of misinformation always this bad, or is this one an extreme example?
    Left-wing, my ass... You don't get more conservative in America than Westboro Baptist. They're so conservative that they protest military funerals because our soldiers defend a nation that allows gays to live.

  10. #10
    The Lightbringer Deadvolcanoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    3,599
    Wow. Did you find this yourself or see it on another site? Good catch.

    Let's see, anti-gay marriage, pro-life, anti-science. Yeah, that sure sounds like the left wing to me!

    Fox, you never fail to amaze.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

  11. #11
    The Unstoppable Force RICH816's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Portsmouth, UK
    Posts
    21,087
    They are as right wing as you can get really without any political power.

  12. #12
    Fluffy Kitten Badpaladin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    ccaarrrrllllll
    Posts
    11,090
    Well their founder has run for office as a Democrat quite a few times, so you could say he's associated with the "left" in that regard. That also means Vermin Supreme is associated with the "left", as well. Personally, I think Vermin's a stand-up guy.

    Pretty hilarious spin by Fox, though.
    My Short Required Reading List: One. Two. || Last.fm

  13. #13
    Immortal Tierbook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Charleston SC
    Posts
    7,234
    Quote Originally Posted by Doom Panda View Post
    When even Foxnews is poking fun at you, you've definitely got a serious PR problem.

    On a better note, watching the showdown between Anonymous and WBC this past week has brought me more joy than I would have ever anticipated
    so something actually happened between them?
    You're a fine example of how gamer communities have become infested with endlessly whining and bitching, arrogant, opinionated, unreasonable, all the way immature, completely delusional, tendentially psychotic, insulting individuals one really doesn't want to be linked with. And playing with you guys is certainly no fun at all. I don't know where this kind of folks spawns from. Must be a nest somewhere ...
    A fine summarization of the community

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    Wow. Did you find this yourself or see it on another site? Good catch.
    Showed up on my tumblr dashboard as a screenshot. Googled it to confirm.

  15. #15
    Dreadlord Wookeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    780
    Right wing ? Left Wing ? They're neither. They're just out there doing their best to try and piss people off. Even 99.9% of extremist right-wing groups don't go that far, they're way beyond that. I'm all for freedom of speech, i really am... but they're doing nothing other than making an attempt to spread hate by (for example) going to funerals. Not to be a dick (ok a little) but if there's ever a person that feels to need to.... express second amendment rights.... *points at WBC*.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    Left-wing, my ass... You don't get more conservative in America than Westboro Baptist. They're so conservative that they protest military funerals because our soldiers defend a nation that allows gays to live.
    To be fair... the world is round. These guys are so far to the right you can see them out of your left eye.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    How are these kooks affiliated with any political spectrum? They're nuts. Anyone who says theyre far right or far left is nuts themselves. Grow up!
    Agreed, one side of me is far-right and that side feels just as offended by these posts as my far-left side is offended by these FOX-statements.

    That is, not at all, but I'm just trying to express my point.

  18. #18
    The Lightbringer JfmC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Antwerp City
    Posts
    3,681
    Can someone tell me why a newschannel is allowed to tell lies? I know there is a right of free speech, but to tell lies in a newschannel should have consequenses.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    LOL. So there is a such thing as too crazy for the GOP.
    HA! Soo true.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    Can someone tell me why a newschannel is allowed to tell lies? I know there is a right of free speech, but to tell lies in a newschannel should have consequenses.
    I don't think they're under any legal obligation to print reality. And ethics don't mean much when $$$ is involved.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •