Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

Westboro Baptist Church is a left-wing group, says FoxNews

http://nation.foxnews.com/connecticu...baptist-church

Bikers Turn Out to Protect Newtown Mourners from Left-Wing Westboro Cult

Bikers descended on the town of Newtown yesterday and linked arms blocking the hate group protesters of Westboro Baptist Church from disrupting the funerals. (Free Republic)

Conservative bikers turned out yesterday to protect Newtown mourners from Democrat Fred Phelps and his Westboro cult from protesting.
    The Cochrane Times reported:

Bikers seem to have thwarted attempts by the Westboro Baptist Church to protest the funeral of Newtown, Conn., shooting victim Principal Dawn Hochsprung.
    I found this one delightful. Is calling the WBC left-wing Fox' way of saying "Even we don't want anything to do with you guys"? I usually avoid Fox so I can't really tell: Is the degree of misinformation always this bad, or is this one an extreme example?

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL. So there is a such thing as too crazy for the GOP.
    I like sandwiches

10+ Year Old Account
    Could also be, that they want to push Westboro towards the Democrats. Some form of dicrediting them by connecting Westboro to them.

I find it awesome that FOX News has to make up lies to protect their political aims.

WBC is a far-right wing extremist (hate) group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post

I found this one delightful. Is calling the WBC left-wing Fox' way of saying "Even we don't want anything to do with you guys"? I usually avoid Fox so I can't really tell: Is the degree of misinformation always this bad, or is this one an extreme example?
    When even Foxnews is poking fun at you, you've definitely got a serious PR problem.

On a better note, watching the showdown between Anonymous and WBC this past week has brought me more joy than I would have ever anticipated

No its their way of trying to blame democrats for what an extreme right wing religious fundamentalist group is doing.

How are these kooks affiliated with any political spectrum? They're nuts. Anyone who says theyre far right or far left is nuts themselves. Grow up!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doom Panda View Post
    On a better note, watching the showdown between Anonymous and WBC this past week has brought me more joy than I would have ever anticipated
    Sounds interesting. Do you have any links for further reading at hand? ^^

10+ Year Old Account

Left-wing, my ass... You don't get more conservative in America than Westboro Baptist. They're so conservative that they protest military funerals because our soldiers defend a nation that allows gays to live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow. Did you find this yourself or see it on another site? Good catch.

Let's see, anti-gay marriage, pro-life, anti-science. Yeah, that sure sounds like the left wing to me!

Fox, you never fail to amaze.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Deleted
    They are as right wing as you can get really without any political power.

Well their founder has run for office as a Democrat quite a few times, so you could say he's associated with the "left" in that regard. That also means Vermin Supreme is associated with the "left", as well. Personally, I think Vermin's a stand-up guy.

Pretty hilarious spin by Fox, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doom Panda View Post
    When even Foxnews is poking fun at you, you've definitely got a serious PR problem.

so something actually happened between them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    Wow. Did you find this yourself or see it on another site? Good catch.
    Showed up on my tumblr dashboard as a screenshot. Googled it to confirm.

Deleted
    Right wing ? Left Wing ? They're neither. They're just out there doing their best to try and piss people off. Even 99.9% of extremist right-wing groups don't go that far, they're way beyond that. I'm all for freedom of speech, i really am... but they're doing nothing other than making an attempt to spread hate by (for example) going to funerals. Not to be a dick (ok a little) but if there's ever a person that feels to need to.... express second amendment rights.... *points at WBC*.

Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    Left-wing, my ass... You don't get more conservative in America than Westboro Baptist. They're so conservative that they protest military funerals because our soldiers defend a nation that allows gays to live.
    To be fair... the world is round. These guys are so far to the right you can see them out of your left eye.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    How are these kooks affiliated with any political spectrum? They're nuts. Anyone who says theyre far right or far left is nuts themselves. Grow up!
    Agreed, one side of me is far-right and that side feels just as offended by these posts as my far-left side is offended by these FOX-statements.

That is, not at all, but I'm just trying to express my point.

Deleted
    Can someone tell me why a newschannel is allowed to tell lies? I know there is a right of free speech, but to tell lies in a newschannel should have consequenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    LOL. So there is a such thing as too crazy for the GOP.
    HA! Soo true.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    Can someone tell me why a newschannel is allowed to tell lies? I know there is a right of free speech, but to tell lies in a newschannel should have consequenses.
    I don't think they're under any legal obligation to print reality. And ethics don't mean much when $$$ is involved.