Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Actually, politics are very specifically allowed on the off topic forums. There were even two political stickies up for over a year that were entirely based on politics. As for religion, it's more of a gray area, but generally unless you talk about religion itself, as in the specific beliefs or saying "christians are stupid lawl" or what have you, than skirting the edges is fine.

If you have a significant problem with how things are run on the forum, there is nothing to keep you here. Why stay on a site that apparently makes you miserable?
    It's okay to talk about politics but not in the "LOL FOX NEWS REPUBS SO DUMB" and "MSNBC? PURE DEM MORON" crap like this thread has. This thread has also already had religion bashing as well.

I never said the site makes me miserable, I said I don't like 99% of the threads. There are probably like 30K+ threads, so.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    But at the same time, you can't force people to like each other. If you tell a racist that he has to be nice to minorities, he's only going to hate them more. It turns distrust in to resentment.
    You're conflating "forcing them to like each other" with "forcing them to treat others with a basic level of respect". You know, one of the main things that MAKES a civilized society. You are also remaining neutral towards racists in this regard, by choosing not to show them the error of their ways. Which only increases racism, because you're letting it go unchecked/uncorrected.

Quote Originally Posted by beefchorizo View Post
    that aint conservative. thats just wacko nut jobs. they dont belong on this planet. fuck political labels. anyone protesting the honorable or innocent is neither republican or democrat. theyre just insane. i bet Jesus is just shaking his head at these people.
    You might be able to argue that they aren't right wing, but there is no way possible you can say they aren't conservative.

Sad that "conservative" and "right wing" are considered synonyms in America, but that's all the Republican Party's fault, isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by SageKalzi View Post
    It's okay to talk about politics but not in the "LOL FOX NEWS REPUBS SO DUMB" and "MSNBC? PURE DEM MORON" crap like this thread has. This thread has also already had religion bashing as well.

I never said the site makes me miserable, I said I don't like 99% of the threads. There are probably like 30K+ threads, so.
    Again why do you read it if you don't care for it? You say 99% of the threads are bad but here you are reading them making yourself mad. Get over yourself, you aren't all high and mighty and better than everyone. Just leave the site if you don't like most of it. Would do us all a favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    You might be able to argue that they aren't right wing, but there is no way possible you can say they aren't conservative.

Sad that "conservative" and "right wing" are considered synonyms in America, but that's all the Republican Party's fault, isn't it?

No, it is the media's fault no one even knows what the terms right and left wing mean. Since the media incorrectly uses the terms all day long, every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khoranth View Post
    No, it is the media's fault no one even knows what the terms right and left wing mean. Since the media incorrectly uses the terms all day long, every day.
    It's media's fault you can't read the dictionary?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    It's media's fault you can't read the dictionary?
    That's one them learnin' books, right? Media tells me those be of the devil!
    Wiping is Fun! ™

Quote Originally Posted by Khoranth View Post
    If the right wing doesn't like being conflated with conservatives it should stop courting them and promoting their agenda.

You know, for the past 40 years or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Again why do you read it if you don't care for it? You say 99% of the threads are bad but here you are reading them making yourself mad. Get over yourself, you aren't all high and mighty and better than everyone. Just leave the site if you don't like most of it. Would do us all a favor.
    I wanted to take a look at what might have been a decent thread then I see a bunch of posts about how one side is pure evil and stupid. If you happened to be walking by someone you slightly knew saying ridiculous things that weren't true, whether or not you agree with their side, wouldn't you feel the need to disagree? But sure, make this about how I'm just so cocky and better than everyone as if I ever said that, lol. Again, just because I don't like most threads doesn't mean I'm going to leave, continue saying the same thing though, it's obviously going to work.

Deleted
    There's quite a few similarities between Murdoch and the Westboro Baptist Church. The failure to recognize what interests the public isn't the same as public interest, and the general prurience combined with "public morality".

Quote Originally Posted by SageKalzi View Post
    I wanted to take a look at what might have been a decent thread then I see a bunch of posts about how one side is pure evil and stupid. If you happened to be walking by someone you slightly knew saying ridiculous things that weren't true, whether or not you agree with their side, wouldn't you feel the need to disagree? But sure, make this about how I'm just so cocky and better than everyone as if I ever said that, lol. Again, just because I don't like most threads doesn't mean I'm going to leave, continue saying the same thing though, it's obviously going to work.
    For a thread pertaining politics and religion on a gaming website, this has been quite tame and fairly well-behaved. If it weren't, I'm sure it would have been closed by now. Continue to beseech the mods if you're so inclined, but if you're falling on deaf ears it's probably because no rules are being blatantly broken, so bemoaning the topic and ensuing comments to the commenters is rather redundant.