Deleted

Updating drivers for my disc drive

Hello MMO-Champion!

Now, just to start of the post, i'm using Windows 7.

I seem to have a problem with my disc drive. When i first used the drive a couple of months ago, i had no troubles whatsoever with playing both regular DVD disc and compatible discs aswell.

Now it doesn't work at all. It refuses to read any kind of discs and i can't even find some way to forceread / troubleshooting.

I've tried going to the hardware driver manager (I think that's what it's called, my OS is in danish) but it simply states the error code 19, wich is a problem with a broken/missing driver.

As far as i can see on the driver manager, the driver is present, it's simply not working.

i've tried updating the driver with no luck. I'm just informed that i already have the newest driver (Wich is version 6.1.7601.17514 from the
    21th of june 2006).
    I have no idea if it's the name of the driver or the disc drive itself but all i could find was ATAPI DVD A DH16ABSH.

I've also tried installing/reinstalling the driver but that doesn't seem to really do anything. I don't think it removes the driver because pressing "remove" just instantly removes the driver, without really uninstalling anything. I can then update the list of all the drivers and the computer and the driver i tried uninstalling just pops right back up on the screen.

I've heard that reinstalling windows entirelly generally fixes the problem but as i have a lot of games i haven't completed yet and an extensive amount of music, i really don't want to use that option, unless i'm forced to.

So i'm hoping that there is some other option or that i've just plain missed something.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Btw, english is my second langauge, so the grammar nazis can just step right off again

Thanks in advance!

There are no downloadable drivers for DVD drives, only what comes standard with Windows.

Tried this already? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060 - Was second hit when googling for "dvd error 19"...
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.