Poll: Do you want for Mogu to be playable?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Not even a little.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    I'd like to forget the whole MOP theme once this expansion is done.
    This is how I feel as well. The theme in MoP just doesn't really interest me. Pandaren (while I'm not a fan of them) are fine, it's the whole Asian* theme that's been a little overdone. The Mogu race is also something I just don't find very interesting lore-wise. Personally I would vote no.

There are only two races I would really like to see playable someday. The Nerubians and the Mantid. Neither are going to happen but I would totally love playing as either of them. Sadly even if lore-wise Nerubians would fit, it's just impossible making it work due to the way their skeletons are build and how armor would show on them. Mantid would be sketchy as well in that regard.

*I don't actually know if it's Asian. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm quite ignorant when it comes to cultures on the other side of the world. This was not meant as an insult in any way, shape or form.
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2012-12-25 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Fixed a bunch of typing errors. I shouldn't be posting here past midnight.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

1 - They use draenei skeleton and animations, whats the point of having a new race that moves and acts in the same way an already existing one does.
    2 - There an evil race of dominating slave drivers, no better then the twilight hammer or fel orcs, and there presence would contradict so much for either horde or alliance.
    3 - Unless they invent a faction separate from horde and alliance, the fact the pandaren are part of both factions would make no sense.

Also, after mists the mogu story won't even matter anymore.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    nah they look like shit.

I wouldn't mind playing one but I think I'll go with no. It'd have to join the Alliance or Horde and their former ways are not something the Alliance would accept in their ranks and I doubt the Horde wants them either (besides Garrosh if anything). And they're just not the race to submit to being led by others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    This is how I feel as well. The theme in MoP just doesn't really interest me. Pandaren (while I'm not a fan of them) are fine, it's the whole Asian* theme that's been a little overdone. The Mogu race is also something I just don't find very interesting lore-wise. Personally I would vote no.
    you kidding? Mists is a breath of fresh air compared to cataclysm. Its lore, its introduction to pandaren society, the conflict, the character development with other lore characters, the zones and scenery. EVERYTHING in mists is better then cataclysm.
    #boycottchina

No, they don't even have their own unique animations. They just use the draenei ones.

Thinking about it... does any MoP race outside pandaren have an unique skeleton and animations?

No. The less things we permanently have to remind us of the terrible 5.0 experience, the better. Pandaria, I can't wait to leave you.

No. Mogu believe themselves to be superior to every other race. They'd never form an alliance with beings they believed to be nothing more than insects.

Here's a question about the female mogu: Why would a race of stone-wrought beings have gender? Aren't they all carved and animated through magical means? For that matter, even if they had gender, why would the females have breasts? It's not like they're wringing some stone version of mother's milk out of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Stop looking for sense in a game that mails you dragons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    you kidding? Mists is a breath of fresh air compared to cataclysm. Its lore, its introduction to pandaren society, the conflict, the character development with other lore characters, the zones and scenery. EVERYTHING in mists is better then cataclysm.
    With all respect, I never said Cataclysm was good either. I'm not saying Mists of Pandaria is a bad expansion or anything. Heck it's one of the best few so far, but I personally don't like the theme. It's just a personal opinion and not a statement. The lore, Pandaren society and character development in Pandaria are great. I don't quite agree with the conflict part but I'm sure that will come as new patches are released. The Asian theme is simply not my cup of tea. It's okay in parts but not as a whole continent in every place you look. Lately I've been spending all my WoW time in Dread Wastes because it's the only zone I can stand.
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2012-12-25 at 12:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I had to pick a new race from the pandaren races...

1.Klaxxi (instead of running wild, you get racial flight at level 60. Come on!)
    2.Jinyu
    3.Saurok
    4. hozen
    5. ...
    6. maybe mogu.

They just aren't terribly interesting to me. I think seeing them so often kind of ruined it. The Mogu's only real structures are all huge and palacial, which is fine, but look too similar to one another.

Here's a question about the female mogu: Why would a race of stone-wrought beings have gender? Aren't they all carved and animated through magical means? For that matter, even if they had gender, why would the females have breasts? It's not like they're wringing some stone version of mother's milk out of them.
    Mogu were actual creatures that were transformed by the waters in the vale of eternal blossoms.

Even if they were stone creatures, you'd have to ask why any of the titanic races have females (genders, rather,) or breasts. Gnomes were mindless robots, Dwarves were titan workhorses... and yet both have females and both have boobs. Hell, even the titanic watchers (Freya and Ironaya, for example) who are and always have been made of stone have breasts.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2012-12-25 at 12:36 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

With all respect, I never said Cataclysm was good either. I'm not saying Mists of Pandaria is a bad expansion or anything. Heck it's one of the best few so far, but I personally don't like the theme. It's just a personal opinion and not a statement. The lore, Pandaren society and character development in Pandaria are great. I don't quite agree with the conflict part but I'm sure that will come as new patches are released. The Asian theme is simply not my cup of tea. It's okay in parts but not as a whole continent in every place you look. Lately I've been spending all my WoW time in Dread Wastes because it's the only zone I can stand.
    Agreed. For me, this expansion has had the weakest "Warcraft" feel to it yet. It doesn't really feel like it belongs in the Warcraft universe. Before, nobody even knew ANYTHING about Pandaria except for its name. Nobody even knew about the Wandering Isle. It was all thrown at us out of nowhere. The questing is in my opinion the worst out of any of the expansions, as I enjoyed 80-85 far more. It's actually extremely pleasant to go through those zones.

I don't see much reason for them. As several has mentioned it's more or less just a draenie with another haircut.
    Besides the male sucks.
    I'dd like some males that didn't look horrible. The pandas are actually pretty okay, which is a nice change from the usual ones that just looks plain ugly in any way. Belfs/humans/nelfs included :P
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    Agreed. For me, this expansion has had the weakest "Warcraft" feel to it yet. It doesn't really feel like it belongs in the Warcraft universe. Before, nobody even knew ANYTHING about Pandaria except for its name. Nobody even knew about the Wandering Isle. It was all thrown at us out of nowhere. The questing is in my opinion the worst out of any of the expansions, as I enjoyed 80-85 far more. It's actually extremely pleasant to go through those zones.
    MOP leveling zones are very annoying idd. I already got sick of them the first time through.

[QUOTE=JhanZ;19563592]Agreed. For me, this expansion has had the weakest "Warcraft" feel to it yet. It doesn't really feel like it belongs in the Warcraft universe. Before, nobody even knew ANYTHING about Pandaria except for its name. Nobody even knew about the Wandering Isle. It was all thrown at us out of nowhere. The questing is in my opinion the worst out of any of the expansions, as I enjoyed 80-85 far more. It's actually extremely pleasant to go through those zones.[/QUOT

nobody knew about 'x' before it was introduced, happens in every warcraft game. Or were you a pyshic knowing draenei, night elf, worgen, pandaren when you played wc2?

---------- Post added 2012-12-25 at 12:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    No, they don't even have their own unique animations. They just use the draenei ones.

Thinking about it... does any MoP race outside pandaren have an unique skeleton and animations?
    so are you saying it is IMPOSSIBLE their animation can be changed by blizz dev?

Wouldn't be much different from the many vehicle quests where they let you assume the form of a bigger character, or ride on their shoulder. In fact, I could see them doing just that at some point in the expansion. Wouldn't make much sense lorewise though, unless there's some benevolent/rebel Mogu that we're not privy to.

nobody knew about 'x' before it was introduced, happens in every warcraft game. Or were you a pyshic knowing draenei, night elf, worgen, pandaren when you played wc2?
    Eh, what? All of those things were known about before WoW came into existence. Wc2 has nothing to do with it. I have no idea why you mentioned wc2, rofl. Most of the things in WoW were already deeply present in lore through either Warcraft 3, or RPG books published by Blizzard, or novels.

Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    Eh, what? All of those things were known about before WoW came into existence. Wc2 has nothing to do with it. I have no idea why you mentioned wc2, rofl. Most of the things in WoW were already deeply present in lore through either Warcraft 3, or RPG books published by Blizzard, or novels.
    So in other word, blizzard can introduce something regardless if it had never there prior.

Well, they're fucking amazing, but they just don't seem like they have anything to do outside of Pandaria, so for lore's sake I'd keep them off of it. With a bunch of unique animations I'd roll one asap, but as it stands right now it doesn't seem like they have any future outside of MoP.

I liked the theme of Cataclysm so much, on release it was everything I had dreamt of. Then came the content, and it was just pure dissapointment. Exactly the same with Wrath of the Lich King, except that I didn't like the whole east part of Northrend. I don't really like the theme of MoP as such, but the content and gameplay of it all makes it one of, if not the best expansion yet. If Zulduar delivers, it's an instant best expansion. Just goes to show gameplay>graphics/environment.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2012-12-25 at 01:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Way to similar to the Draenei, so no.