Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    Honesty and tact don't have to be mutually exclusive, nor should they. I don't pretend to know you or your family, but often the "I speak my mind, sorry if you don't like it" crowd do so in the most combative ways possible. You can't expect people to want to be around you if you're constantly putting them down or use "truth" as a disguise for hostility. Speaking the truth is important, but doing so in a way that doesn't burn bridges is what separates a true friend from an asshole. Also, sometimes it's just best to keep your opinion to yourself. I'm not calling you an asshole, by the way, I'm just speaking in general terms.
    True, but I can assure you that I'm not at all combative or confrontational when I speak my mind. With me, when I say I value honesty over tact, it's not so much of an "I speak my mind, sorry if you don't like it" so much as a "If you're being an ass, I'll let you know in as objective a way as possible." When I do happen to have something negative to say, I get one of two reactions: the person stops, thinks, and answers, or they immediately get defensive. The former tend to realize and admit that what I've said is true, or are able to prove that it's not, while the latter tends to be a signal that there's more truth in what I said than the person wants to admit. Tact is all well and good until it becomes your excuse to not say what needs to be said, and that's where I make the distinction. "This is what I see happening, but pointing it out might hurt his feelings, so I shouldn't" is not the way I operate. Believe me when I say I don't make things up or intentionally look for tiny faults just to spark an argument.

But, this is WAYYY off-topic so we should probably cut it off here so we don't derail the thread. lol I'd be happy to continue the conversation in PMs if you wish. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    True, but I can assure you that I'm not at all combative or confrontational when I speak my mind. With me, when I say I value honesty over tact, it's not so much of an "I speak my mind, sorry if you don't like it" so much as a "If you're being an ass, I'll let you know in as objective a way as possible." When I do happen to have something negative to say, I get one of two reactions: the person stops, thinks, and answers, or they immediately get defensive. The former tend to realize and admit that what I've said is true, or are able to prove that it's not, while the latter tends to be a signal that there's more truth in what I said than the person wants to admit. Tact is all well and good until it becomes your excuse to not say what needs to be said, and that's where I make the distinction. "This is what I see happening, but pointing it out might hurt his feelings, so I shouldn't" is not the way I operate. Believe me when I say I don't make things up or intentionally look for tiny faults just to spark an argument.
    Fair enough, like I said, I don't know you or your family. I just thought the comment was worth exploring briefly.

But, this is WAYYY off-topic so we should probably cut it off here so we don't derail the thread. lol I'd be happy to continue the conversation in PMs if you wish. :P
    It's all good, this wasn't really a discussion thread anyways. It's more of a "drop your personal experience here and leave" type thread :P

Spending time with my partners family... because I'm not socially awkward or hipster.

Sitting at home, being miserable, doing nothing with my life

With my family, my girlfriend, and her family. Good thing they get along so we can all spend it together.

Sitting behind my computer screen leveling my monk, or playing black ops 2 and destroying scrubs with a sniper!

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Says the guy that talks crap about people on a forum without even knowing them. Big guy right here!
    i understand i cant give some good advice without stepping on someones toes, i understand that some have big problems either mental or social, but for everyone who dont have that but just the "i dont give a fuck" attitude, this is the one day in the year you should try for the sake of others.

Quote Originally Posted by Lomppa View Post
    This thread is a bit depressing, that alot of you cant be nice to your relatives for 24h atleast without hiding within your gameuniverse. We all have limited time in our life, and the old ppl dont always have long time, and every sec they can be together with relatives is great for them.
    You know, not everyone gets along with their relatives. Sure, I do get along with my brother and most of my cousins, some aunts and uncles but not a majority of them. My mother and father? Not at all, my father being a drunkard, assaulted someone I knew at a party I was supposed to be at because they didn't know where I was. Constantly yelling at me if I didn't get top grades while still attending school. Tried to assault me when I told him I didn't want to live with my parents anymore but my brother intervened.

My mother? She took his side every single time, makes her as bad as him in my eyes.

So, please. Don't think for one second that everyones lives have been as perfect as yours or are as perfect.

The only thing am doing is be inside my apartment, relaxing, maybe spend some time with my bf later but other than that not much else.
    Close your eyes and smile.
    [15:53] <PizzaSHARK> you have such a cute accent! ^_^