Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What type of magic empowers Frosty the Snowman?

Arcane? Frost? Water Bending? Holy? Shadow?

What do you think, explain..

15+ Year Old Account
    Necromancy.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

well he is a frost elemental
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Fenixdown, that sig man.. that sig
    World PvP and how it stands/standed.
    World PvP isn't meant to be balanced, fair nor honorable. It's meant to be brutal, relentless, deadly.. and it's the survival of the fittest. It's a fight where everything goes and you use anything you can to survive and win. It's War.. a World of Warcraft where only the best survive!

Voodoo obviously.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Hat. Duh.

What? Hat is a type of Magic....

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Demonlology. The hat is obviously a demonic artifact. :P
    tl;dr Is just another way of saying I am about to troll

lol'd hard @ Frosty being a frost elemental. Clever :P

Hat Magic was good too

Obviously that hat belonged to a necromancer. How the kids got a hold of it is another story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly it is a Snow Golem. Golems are powered by Holy magic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nature, obviously the carrot is the source of his power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Well, some people saying necromancy but I'm more for "hat magic" than necromancy. The lore we have about Frosty is simply that the hat brings him to life -- not that a dead person's soul is trapped in Frosty, or that Frosty is undead. Demonic possession is another good way to go, with the hat as a medium. This would trump being a Frost elemental (As you could postulate that all elementals are demon-possessed). Nature is also a very good way of doing it, but it'd have to be through the hat (given the lore). So what we have to fall back on is something that can enchant the hat to bring Frosty, a normal snowman, to life to be Frosty the Snowman.

I guess after all of that... I've love to say demonic possession as being the most likely. But it could also be that the hat is a very powerful and old magical artifact wherein the owner's magic is either tied into it somehow (immortality stuff), or he himself is, and when the hat is placed on the snowman... The owner of the hat uses the body to come to life.

Deleted
    The Great Intelligence.
    He's just mirroring thoughts.

Deleted
    'Tis Necromancy! His haunted husk is an unholy blight upon the Earth! He must be purged with holy flames and the ground upon which he melts must be salted so as to ensure that he is banished forever to the shadowy abyss that hath spawned him!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post
    Arcane? Frost? Water Bending? Holy? Shadow?

What do you think, explain..
    Pure hatred. With a heart as cold as winter's chill, his physical body is the manifestation of evil itself. He is a creature of wrath, destruction, and bloodlust. Frosty the Snowman is simply the disembodied soul of a disgruntled and disturbed telemarketer who died in the workplace after his superior refused to turn on the heater during the frigid month of December. Overworked, underpaid, and marginalized by every man and woman who wouldn't let him finish his sales pitch before hanging up, he now has a bone to pick with us all. Heaven help us.
    Last edited by Letmesleep; 2012-12-31 at 06:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The power of Friendship!

10+ Year Old Account
    ffs Enchantment guys, Enchantment.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind that Frosty does not merely inhabit a single body. The children have to rebuild him every year.

Seems like chronomancy to me. To achieve immortality, a very powerful wizard transferred his consciousness into the hat to exist in a state outside the realms of space and time. When the hat makes contact with an inanimate, humanoid object, it recreates the link between the physical world and Frosty's dimension. To him, physical reality is meaningless. He exists simultaneously in every body the children have ever placed him in, spanning countless ages as though they were all happening at once.

As to why he says "Happy Birthday!" every time he is reanimated, the answer is quite simple. When Frosty cast his spell of chronokenesis, the effect was initially delayed. He then attended a neighbor's surprise party. As the neighbor came in, everyone yelled "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" except Frosty, who was longer in the mortal plane. The spell took effect at the exact moment between his mind giving the command to say "Happy birthday", but before his body could act on that command. And because Frosty exists in every life he's ever lived all at once, at that moment he sent the command to each of his reincarnations simultaneously to say "happy birthday".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    ffs Enchantment guys, Enchantment.
    Enchantment? Enchantment!
    "We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us." - Andrew Ryan