Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    Herald of the Titans Draknalor186's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,576

    How much FPS is this?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Are you watching the embedded version? 'Cause that one doesn't have the 60fps option, you have to go to the actual youtube page.
    Hey
    Since I can't tell the difference between any fps without having something tell me (Like WoW saying it runs in 140 fps)
    So i'm wondering if some of you Keen eye people can tell me what FPS is in this video, Because when i recorded the Recorder said it was between 40-60 but then i heard from other people that they think it's 15 fps (and are mad that i say it's 60) O-o

    So i'd like some definite awnsers because i'm confused here

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trGsA5LAgL4


    Edit
    Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    I just don't get how you guys can notice these things, i have watched both the original file and the uploaded file and i think they look fine can't notice any lagg, shuttering or anything xD But i woulden't notice the difference between 30 and 60 even if it hit me in the face.. only time i'd notice a fps drop would be if something insane happent like https://youtu.be/u6-DFyMluGk
    Last edited by Draknalor186; 2015-04-30 at 10:21 AM.

  2. #2
    I'd say it's around 25 fps. Pure guess though.

  3. #3
    Brewmaster ghostblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The edge of dark space!
    Posts
    1,459
    under 20 fps things start to lag a bit.

  4. #4
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,113
    The jerky camera movements sometimes make it look worse than it actually is, but if you ask me, it definitely dips below 30 at points, and never reaches 60.

  5. #5
    Herald of the Titans Draknalor186's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,576
    and it isen't something with youtube that drag the fps down?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    and it isen't something with youtube that drag the fps down?
    Youtube would drag the quality too. In this case you'll never see above 30fps, this videos doesn't have the 720p60fps or 1080p60fps options
    I've been a master of crappy games for a while and the low points look like 20fps (give or take). I would assume the game never gets above 50.
    Last edited by Gourmandise; 2015-04-29 at 02:43 PM.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    and it isen't something with youtube that drag the fps down?
    it can be many things

    1. the game actually isn't 60 fps, do you use steam? you can make steam show you the fps of the game also is your vsync off or on?

    2. the recorder only records in around 30 fps

    3. Youtube, it has a ton of different quality settings

    4. record program is laggy resulting in much lower fps (you computer can't handle to run gta v on full while also trying to keep a record program running to record 60 fps

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    it can be many things-
    I didn't know it was their video! /facepalm
    If you want to do a comparison, record with everything on low and do stuff like drive in a straight line fast or run while looking at a busy horizon. Do the same thing at max settings and watch both source files, not the youtube ones. If there's a difference you will notice it by watching things like the feet/legs while running, and the road at the bottom of the screen while driving.

  9. #9
    Herald of the Titans Draknalor186's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,576
    Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    Youtube would drag the quality too. In this case you'll never see above 30fps, this videos doesn't have the 720p60fps or 1080p60fps options
    I've been a master of crappy games for a while and the low points look like 20fps (give or take). I would assume the game never gets above 50.
    http://i.imgur.com/9KmaNbo.jpg

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    Thank you
    Mine doesn't have it yet I guess : /
    I'll check when it gives me 60fps

  11. #11
    Herald of the Titans Draknalor186's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,576
    Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    Thank you
    Mine doesn't have it yet I guess : /
    I'll check when it gives me 60fps
    the video has been up for a few days.. would be rather weird if.. it wasen't showing for everyone by now

  12. #12
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,113
    Are you watching the embedded version? 'Cause that one doesn't have the 60fps option, you have to go to the actual youtube page.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Are you watching the embedded version? 'Cause that one doesn't have the 60fps option, you have to go to the actual youtube page.
    Yup.... :P

  14. #14
    Eh, people are really shitty at determining what FPS something really is just by looking at it.

    Oh, sure, everyone swears on their great grandmothers grave that they can tell when something that's 150FPS drops to 145FPS, but pretty much everyone bullshits like crazy about it.

  15. #15
    Herald of the Titans Draknalor186's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,576
    Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    it can be many things

    1. the game actually isn't 60 fps, do you use steam? you can make steam show you the fps of the game also is your vsync off or on?

    2. the recorder only records in around 30 fps

    3. Youtube, it has a ton of different quality settings

    4. record program is laggy resulting in much lower fps (you computer can't handle to run gta v on full while also trying to keep a record program running to record 60 fps
    I have my Recorder set to http://i.imgur.com/mG1ivTL.jpg

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Are you watching the edmbeded version? 'Cause that one doesn't have the 60fps option, you have to go to the actual youtube page.
    Well thanks for that xD removed the edmbeded and just link now

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    I have my Recorder set to http://i.imgur.com/mG1ivTL.jpg
    It could record at 60fps but that doesn't mean the game will render at 60fps. If it's lower it would just end up basically duplicating frames(I guess)

    The 60fps version on youtube looks better in general but I still see some things i'm used to.
    Take in mind that I have not played this game and do not have a feel for its system. I have just watched hours upon hours of it on youtube.

  17. #17
    Herald of the Titans Draknalor186's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,576
    Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    It could record at 60fps but that doesn't mean the game will render at 60fps. If it's lower it would just end up basically duplicating frames(I guess)

    The 60fps version on youtube looks better in general but I still see some things i'm used to.
    Take in mind that I have not played this game and do not have a feel for its system. I have just watched hours upon hours of it on youtube.
    So it is 60 on youtube?

  18. #18
    Stood in the Fire Addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Somewhere over there! *points in random direction*
    Posts
    413
    Rightclick the video, press "stastics for nerds" watch the FPS realtime.

  19. #19
    Herald of the Titans Draknalor186's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,576
    Quote Originally Posted by Addict View Post
    Rightclick the video, press "stastics for nerds" watch the FPS realtime.
    Well i'm not that much of a nerd that understand all them terms..
    and all the frames things are over thousands, so i don't get it xD

  20. #20
    To me it looks like around 30 but not more than that

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •