1. #1

    solo (carry) competetive games

    post competetive multiplayer games where u can either 1v1 like starcraft, or teambased where u can snowball and carry the rest of the team like dota 2 (even LoL to some degree)

  2. #2
    Street Fighter V

    Basically this entire post sounds like fighting games the thread. Outside of Starcraft fighting games are basically the defacto 1v1 competitive games, and probably the 3rd largest esports scene now after mobas and csgo.

  3. #3
    Evolve - 1 monster vs 4 hunters and you can play the "1" side and enjoy yourself or try to carry the team as one of the 4 hunters.
    Dead by Daylight - also 1 killer vs 4 survivors but it's very unbalanced on high and engame levels and ranks, playing killer on high/endgame ranks is ver frustrating, the game feels like early access and requires balance patches. You can play one of the 4 survivors and carry the game thou by destroying hooks, repairing generators and healing/saving others.
    Brawlhalla - very cool arena game, very popular (Steamspy data: Owners: 3,358,737 ± 46,580, Players in the last 2 weeks: 558,878 ± 19,085 (16.64%))
    War Thunder - very nice 2ww multiplayer simulation, aircrafts are probably the most fun (Steamspy data: Owners: 9,081,550 ± 75,891, Players in the last 2 weeks: 444,675 ± 17,027 (4.9%))
    World of Tanks - we all know

    Games like StarCraft are...well...almost gone and people mostly enjoy single player, but you can try:
    Company of Heroes 2 - awesome game, still veeery popular (Steamspy data: Owners: 1,852,554 ± 34,677 ,Players in the last 2 weeks: 184,469 ± 10,971 (9.96%))
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2016-07-12 at 06:24 PM.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Street Fighter V

    Basically this entire post sounds like fighting games the thread. Outside of Starcraft fighting games are basically the defacto 1v1 competitive games, and probably the 3rd largest esports scene now after mobas and csgo.
    A very, very...very....distant third at best, sadly.

    The thing about single player competitive games is that most people flock to them in a moment of, "My teams all suck, they're holding me back, I'm pro!" and then really don't like what they find out after trying out SF5/SC2.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    A very, very...very....distant third at best, sadly.
    Not so sure about that, I would place mobas above everything by far thanks to Korea but I'm not sure that's true everywhere else or that CSGO is much further ahead of the FGC.

    SFV top 8 at evo this weekend is going to be live on ESPN afterall from a major arena with 15k+ people in it, fighting games have come a long way from the bingo hall tournaments.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Not so sure about that, I would place mobas above everything by far thanks to Korea but I'm not sure that's true everywhere else or that CSGO is much further ahead of the FGC.

    SFV top 8 at evo this weekend is going to be live on ESPN afterall from a major arena with 15k+ people in it, fighting games have come a long way from the bingo hall tournaments.
    Yeah, but the prize pool for EVO SF4 was still only like $70,000. For the, "Once a year biggest FGC event". Meanwhile CS:GO throws that around practically every other week, and their big tourneys are $1,000,000+.

    We'll see what happens with SF5 in 2016 though I guess, it's supposed to be a big crowd.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Yeah, but the prize pool for EVO SF4 was still only like $70,000. For the, "Once a year biggest FGC event". Meanwhile CS:GO throws that around practically every other week, and their big tourneys are $1,000,000+.

    We'll see what happens with SF5 in 2016 though I guess, it's supposed to be a big crowd.
    The prize pool for SFV is 105,000, and capcom offers the same 50k pot bonus to it as they do all their premier events. Capcom offer over 2 mil in pot bonuses over the course of the entire year in tournaments, plus another few 100 thousand for the capcom cup.

    You seem to just be mistaking it because there is a capcom sponsored tournament going on almost every other weekend on average, there are just far more then the CSGO scene so the pot is spread thinner but overall it has about the same amount of cash bonus being thrown at it from capcom as CSGo does from valve.

    Oh and let's also not forget fighting game pots don't have to be split with your team mates. Pretty sure guys like Tokido, Infiltration and Daigo are millionaires off of Street Fighter and that is mainly from the 3rd strike and SFIV days with a much smaller competitive scene. It's about to get ridiculous.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-07-13 at 12:30 AM.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The prize pool for SFV is 105,000, and capcom offers the same 50k pot bonus to it as they do all their premier events. Capcom offer over 2 mil in pot bonuses over the course of the entire year in tournaments, plus another few 100 thousand for the capcom cup.

    You seem to just be mistaking it because there is a capcom sponsored tournament going on almost every other weekend on average, there are just far more then the CSGO scene so the pot is spread thinner but overall it has about the same amount of cash bonus being thrown at it from capcom as CSGo does from valve.

    Oh and let's also not forget fighting game pots don't have to be split with your team mates. Pretty sure guys like Tokido, Infiltration and Daigo are millionaires off of Street Fighter and that is mainly from the 3rd strike and SFIV days with a much smaller competitive scene. It's about to get ridiculous.
    No, really. CS:GO has larger tournaments on almost a weekly basis than the FGC's largest event.

    And no, guys like Momochi aren't millionaires off of FGC winnings because there's just not that much to be won. The other sources of income probably account for a lot more than the actual tourney winnings which are tiny. CS:GO throws around vastly more money in their tournament scene, there's just no disagreement to be had there, the different is huge.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    No, really. CS:GO has larger tournaments on almost a weekly basis than the FGC's largest event.

    And no, guys like Momochi aren't millionaires off of FGC winnings because there's just not that much to be won. The other sources of income probably account for a lot more than the actual tourney winnings which are tiny. CS:GO throws around vastly more money in their tournament scene, there's just no disagreement to be had there, the different is huge.
    Momochi is rather new to the scene compared to the people I named, way to strawman. CSGO does not have Evo sized events going on every week, you smoke some good weed my friend, at most they have about 3 a year at that level and the one in Columbus had a sad turn out compared to Evo(I was there, and I'm comparing it to Evo last year let alone what Evo will be this year in a larger venue.). CSGO does not have a tournament that valve is giving money to literally every week.

    Hell the pot at dreamhack was virtually identical between SFV and CSGO as was number of entrants. Don't confuse the main stream popularity of CSGO as a game(which it obviosyly destroys SF in) with it's popularity in the competitive scene. Both are pretty neck to neck with the slight edge going to CSGO.

    SFV has more then doubled it's entrants at EVO from the record SFIV held, the competitive scene there is growing rapidly. ESPN is only going to help.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-07-13 at 01:22 AM.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Momochi is rather new to the scene compared to the people I named, way to strawman.
    ....you named him specifically, how can it be a strawman if you said it?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    ....you named him specifically, how can it be a strawman if you said it?
    I named Tokido, Daigo and Infiltration. Infiltration being the newest to the scene of those 3. 2 of them being 2 of the original Japanese Gods of Street Fighter who have been sponsored since the mid 90s. Never mentioned Momochi until you did. Wow dude.

  12. #12
    at most they have about 3 a year at that level
    Uh...you might want to go look at the CS:GO tourney list. There are constant six-figure and some seven-figure prize pool tournaments on the premiere and major lists. No, it's not "Every week", but it's a hell of a lot more than what SF5 is putting out.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I named Tokido, Daigo and Infiltration. Infiltration being the newest to the scene of those 3. 2 of them being 2 of the original Japanese Gods of Street Fighter who have been sponsored since the mid 90s. Never mentioned Momochi until you did. Wow dude.
    Meh, thought you said him. Whatever, it doesn't change much, none of them won much because there isn't much to win,. Just look up their earnings. (Actually, Tokido has made less than Momochi anyway, from the stats I can find.)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •