Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Looks like they scraped the 3rd new class.

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    Then i shall take another look.

Is Elementalist still very weak, And ranger so op that it can stun you mid air over a bottomless pit?
    No class is weak, each class can take every other class and vice versa etc. some classes may seem weak because of a low dmg output but they have other mechanics that come into play.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    They didn't it's still in development, aion releases it's expansion content piece by piece, the 3rd class Battle Mech will most likely be released in 4.5
    Last edited by Harléquin; 2013-01-09 at 12:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the biggest reason why it seems grindy though is cause alot of people don't know the faster way of doing things in the game, like the campaigns i mentioned earlier will zip you to 40 on FTS no problem. Also with the new mechanic coming in 4.0 gearing in Aion for a full set of pvp gear will be faster than wow so i think it's more coming to a new game and no one teaching people the tricks of avoiding a grind that keeps most away

nope they are releasing the 4.0 patch notes in 3 parts. Part 2 was just last week and 3 will be in a few more to come and that will have the 3rd class.

nope they are releasing the 4.0 patch notes in 3 parts. Part 2 was just last week and 3 will be in a few more to come and that will have the 3rd class.
    cool.

I forgot to ask this in the last thread, did the combat get any improvements or is it still press button X, toon runs to the target after a second and activates skill?

10+ Year Old Account
    you can disable that i believe in the options menu but yeah combat is much more polished than it was at release

Quote Originally Posted by Docxz View Post
    you can disable that i believe in the options menu but yeah combat is much more polished than it was at release
    I agree i feel like combat is now some of the best around

It's why I never played it fully.

Ima wait for more info on bard though.

This thread has convinced me to give it another go. I'll probably download it after I finish Ratchet and clank Trilogy (haven't played them in years so I decided to get the Hd versions and I can't wait for gladiator! My favourite of them all)

I tried AION but didn't like it, it's pay for power, the PvP experience (that is, getting ganked all the time and being unable to grind) was terrible for me, combat mechanics are clunky to say the least, EU servers are lagging all the time (and it's not a problem with my connection, since all other games are not lagging in the slightest)...

The graphics were beautiful, but the gaming experience was so frustrating I quit after a few weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I cant link vids yet but once i can i have some of both bard and gunner gameplay

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    Timed flying.....no thanks. I was so excited to fly, only to find out that I got about 15 secs >.< I had even gotten the CE's wings.
    theres quite a few pve instances where you can fly more as well as in the abyss you can fly at any time for a long duration too if i may add.. but like i said flight pvp is pretty rough so nc is wary about adding more flying areas

as for aion pay for power? i fail to see how skins, mounts and vanity pets are power :/ though ya getting ganked happens but hell its just as bad now in wow at the dark portal.. that was something lovely to come back to -.-

i find the biggest tragedy is, that as great as a game as wow is.. it makes alot of people think every game must be as easy when truthfully mmo USED to be grindy and if it was pvp based you wouldnt just get ganked but griefed.. makes me sad and i started with L2 so trust me when i say Aion isnt near as bad as flagging in that game
    Last edited by Zaee; 2013-01-09 at 12:54 PM.

Deleted
    I played it on the release with friends, but when they quitted I immediately got bored. Maybe I should give it another go.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's always good to be open, i myself tried rift and swtor again before coming back to wow but my decisions were the same as when i first made them, wow however i just needed a loooong break xD

Aion really has evolved into an awesome game, the gameplay itself kicks the crap out of wow, the only real issue I have is that the character models are like lifeless soulless dolls.

Hows the PvP in it? Is it still only ganking lowbies?

Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    Aion really has evolved into an awesome game, the gameplay itself kicks the crap out of wow, the only real issue I have is that the character models are like lifeless soulless dolls.
    Most games are like that, and in combat you really don't pay attention to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    Timed flying.....no thanks. I was so excited to fly, only to find out that I got about 15 secs >.< I had even gotten the CE's wings.

15 seconds? little under don't you think? standard is 1 minute, i at level 40 have 3:15 seconds flight time, and to be honest i don;t care about the flying, however the wings are a really nice vanity item t show off, and you can earn some really great ones without having to pay

Also here are some videos:

Male bard animations:

Bard gameplay trailer

Bard is healer and debuffer right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teabaker View Post
    Hows the PvP in it? Is it still only ganking lowbies?
    The endgame pvp is awesome once people got out of the eye and back into the abyss and other zones. lots of world pvp though for 3.0 nc made a bad decision with the eye of tiamaranta in making it the ONLY pvp zone at the start. so it could get zergy

Bard is healer and debuffer right?
    yup though they hit like trucks be assured. Think like the middle ground between dps clerics and a sorc

Quote Originally Posted by Docxz View Post
    Trust me... no one wants perma flying zones like the abyss everywhere, just there is enough and most people can't even really air pvp well anyways.. Gliding is good stuff though, really good pursuit/escape and even kill mechanic

The reason it seems so similar to GW2 is cuz both are done by NC Soft. also low level ganking is virtually impossible now since the introduction of FTS (fast track server). Basically from level 1-50 in the main zones (so no abyss) you can go in there and get double xp plus its all cross realm too so easy groups for instances and campaigns. Come 4.0, it will go to 55 and include Inggy/Gelk too. also 4.0 is supposed to drop quite soon or so i heard, but for sure this year since they are in full ptr in korea in like 2 weeks.

I'd give it about 3-4 months til US has it. As for asmos, i quit before it happened but they brought back incentives on the old servers, so full ap sets bonus xp, crafting bonuses etc

not sure which class you mean by elementalist but every class is strong in their own right and all can solo players if your skilled and have decent gear. As for rangers, they were really weak from 3.0 until they got needed buffs in 3.5 now i'd say they are on par with all other classes again... not completely op like they were at launch lol
    Actually saying they are both done by NCsoft is a mistake, NCsoft has their name on GW2's box but thats all, ArenaNet did all of the development themselves and use their own unique graphics engine that they built in GW1

I wanted to try the game but I heard EU version is crap?