Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    yeah i hear gameforge is pretty sketchy when i comes to patching though i find alot of EU players and oceania as well just play on US servers and reduce their high lat with stuff like battleping and leatrix

I enjoyed a lot of things about Aion, but one thing that really killed it for me was the enforced group quests just to do main storyline quests. I only had one friend that played and she was on pretty sporadically and the server I was on didn't exactly have the best community so I quit around level 30.

I played it again after F2P, and I still couldn't get into it. It's not a bad game, I'm just not one for high fantasy; if I need a fantasy fix, I'll play WoW since I still have a lot of friends that play.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought the game not long after release, but then realised i couldnt afford to pay for both wow and aion. I think tried it a few months ago and found my server was dead, but that wasnt so bad i hadnt gotten very high anyway. I decided to wait until i get a new computer because even the starting areas look gorgeous, ive got a large backlog of games to play though so it might be a while before i have time to invest in an mmo again. Defo will check it out again though, love dem graphics, especially the character customization.

Edit : I just watched that bard video, gave me some lols. i wouldnt mind trying it though. Dem graphics.
    Last edited by hiragana; 2013-01-10 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    I enjoyed a lot of things about Aion, but one thing that really killed it for me was the enforced group quests just to do main storyline quests. I only had one friend that played and she was on pretty sporadically and the server I was on didn't exactly have the best community so I quit around level 30.
    But isn't that what an mmo is to group up and kill things you cant by yourself? i will admit before ftp it wasn't that populated but now it really is if you pick the right server.

Also i play on the eu servers, honestly i don;t mind being a patch behind yes i dislike gameforge but it's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought the Aion CE and played for a few months. I liked the game a lot, but I was really just on a wow break. At that time, I had both games on my computer. So yesterday I went to download Aion again and it is telling me that i do not have enough room on my computer? I have added another HDD since I previously had both wow and Aion installed on my computer. I even unistalled wow (which i assume is a much bigger game file) and it is still telling me I do not have enough room.

Also, when I reactivated my Aion account, it's not listing that I bought the CE on my account screen.

Has anyone had any experiences like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Peng View Post
    Aion feels like Sonic the hedgehog as an MMO. It´s like you see wood and when you touch it it´s just plastic. It´s too artificial and unnatural for my taste.
    Yet Blizzard has copied many things from Aion that they have incorperated into WoW

Giving Aion a go

So i decided to see if Aion had become any better after few years and the grind seems to be down enough for me to actually play it, but after playing a assassin to lvl 30 im facing a difficult question due to the info sites being very outdated and hard to get stuff out of and the server doesnt seem to be too helpful regarding questions.

are assassins any good in pvp, will i just cry if i have to do air combat ? my aim is to just do sieges and world pvp after i reach a suitable level, but now im having second thoughts about my Assassin.

if anyone knows a up to date site for all aion knowledge that would help as well
    THIS ABOUT DRUID! druid is most fast in the yellow cat. how catch yellow cat when so fast? i try BUT NO VERY SPEEDY! i need the help against druid. please blizzard mans make not more power on druid :*(
    wise words

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nixlov View Post
    So i decided to see if Aion had become any better after few years and the grind seems to be down enough for me to actually play it, but after playing a assassin to lvl 30 im facing a difficult question due to the info sites being very outdated and hard to get stuff out of and the server doesnt seem to be too helpful regarding questions.

are assassins any good in pvp, will i just cry if i have to do air combat ? my aim is to just do sieges and world pvp after i reach a suitable level, but now im having second thoughts about my Assassin.

if anyone knows a up to date site for all aion knowledge that would help as well
    Are Sin's any good at PvP? Dude they are ridiculous!

But they are dependent on two things, player skill and internet connection. Yes, if your internet connection isn't top notch you will be hindered as a Sin.

you dont need to sound so surprised :P im lvl 30 what do i know, how about the air combat, i remember assassins being the compost of air combat like a year or 2 ago

"edit" also whats concidered top internet connection? i rarely bother to check that stuff if the games running fine
    Last edited by nixlov; 2013-01-14 at 06:49 PM.
    THIS ABOUT DRUID! druid is most fast in the yellow cat. how catch yellow cat when so fast? i try BUT NO VERY SPEEDY! i need the help against druid. please blizzard mans make not more power on druid :*(
    wise words

Deleted
    you dont need to sound so surprised :P im lvl 30 what do i know, how about the air combat, i remember assassins being the compost of air combat like a year or 2 ago

"edit" also whats concidered top internet connection? i rarely bother to check that stuff if the games running fine
    Air combat for melees was only really poor due to the problems with server lag on release, they hugely upgraded the servers like 6months in which completely eliminated that. Also most PvP now is ground-based instead of air-based.

excellent i like these answers
    wise words

10+ Year Old Account

Well I understand your concern about combat in flight, but ya a little surprised because Sin's/Rogues are PvP centric classes no matter what game you play.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have given it a try after it went f2p.
    lasted ~2 hours. too old, too ooooold. rip.

Holy crap Gunner and Bard look sweet. When's this coming out?

I still play aion. I like the pvp side of it (which is basically all of it). Its basically what wow always tries to be. For pve though it blows chunks.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Played it the week it went FTP. Uninstalled it after a couple days because I couldn't get back into it. I got to level 43 when it was first released but playing it by yourself instead of with friends just made it a droan. That goes for most games to be honest though.

Converting this to Aion Megathread.

Anyone have a Legion on Tiamat - Elyos?

Tried to go back to Aion but its impossible to create a character. I have had the game installed for 2 days now and cant even play because every single character name I have used since I started playing MMOs 15 years ago is taken. The shitty thing is they are all level 3-7 characters that probably havent been played since launch and when I petitioned the GM refused to free up the names like they will in WoW for inactive characters. The guy that responded to me was so damn stupid he actually said "send them an in game mail and ask politely if they will let me have the name." Really genius? How the hell is some guy that hasnt played in 3 years going to see that? Have been through about 30 names so far I guess eventually I will get one that works.