Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I've been meaning to get back in since I got my computer up and running again, but the bloody launcher refuses to acknowledge the install that's already there and wants me to reinstall -_-

Because the new changes seem pretty awesome and I've been wanting to finish leveling my Songweaver and Cleric for a while now. At some point I'll have to get around to downloading it again (fucking data caps, hopefully can switch ISP's soon). Watched a bit of a stream of stuff for returning players and it looked like the handed out quite a bit of solid gear and some nice experience boosts. Between that and the fast-track server it's looking like leveling should be pretty damn quick (at least till 55ish or so).
    Yeah...that's why I waited until after Wednesday to log in (the experience boosts only last 30 days from when you first log in after not being active 30 days), and why I'm not too fussed about rerolling on a fresh server. Not having kinah and stuff will suck but it wasn't that hard to make last time I played.

That stinks that you're having issues with the install. I had removed it from my computer awhile ago so had to do a fresh install anyways. I read a thread by someone on their forums too that they added Gameguard back in with Wednesday's patch too. I wonder if it'll cause issues.

What server and faction were your characters on?

I had 3 65s previously that were on Israphel Elyos, but everything is pointing to that server having next to no Asmodians left on it so it's basically an Elyos PvE server right now. I had two 60+ characters on Kahrun too, one of each faction...but now I heard that server is pretty much dead. With the game as lowly populated as it is at this point, I want to play on the most populated server and one with some sort of faction balance. Apparently that's Siel.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    I read a thread by someone on their forums too that they added Gameguard back in with Wednesday's patch too. I wonder if it'll cause issues.
    Ugh...please, please no. Why do Korean devs insist on including all those broken third party anti-hack programs that end up causing far more problems for players while simultaneously doing nothing to prevent hacking -_-

What server and faction were your characters on?
    I...have no clue. I have an Asmo Songweaver...somewhere, and an Elyos Cleric...somewhere else! And a few other assorted characters (gunslinger/mech class) in even more places! But I do have the sick anniversary armor on my Songweaver which is OP as shit for leveling. Like, it's like having level 50ish stats starting at level 10, so I've basically been near unkillable (that and it helps that Songweavers have a bunch of heals while still doing solid damage).

I had 3 65s previously that were on Israphel Elyos, but everything is pointing to that server having next to no Asmodians left on it so it's basically an Elyos PvE server right now. I had two 60+ characters on Kahrun too, one of each faction...but now I heard that server is pretty much dead. With the game as lowly populated as it is at this point, I want to play on the most populated server and one with some sort of faction balance. Apparently that's Siel.
    You're infinitely further than I've ever been. Highest I ever got to was the high 40's/low 50's (can't remember which) on an Elyos Templar long ago on another account.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh...please, please no. Why do Korean devs insist on including all those broken third party anti-hack programs that end up causing far more problems for players while simultaneously doing nothing to prevent hacking -_-
    Yeah, I'm not sure. I was scoping out their forums for awhile, there were tons of threads about hacking and I guess adding this back in they're "trying" to do something about that and draw old players back at the same time? I hate those little extra programs though, they cause issues more often than not and with the NA population that is left playing it now it seems like too little, too late to finally be trying to do something about the hackers.

I...have no clue. I have an Asmo Songweaver...somewhere, and an Elyos Cleric...somewhere else! And a few other assorted characters (gunslinger/mech class) in even more places! But I do have the sick anniversary armor on my Songweaver which is OP as shit for leveling. Like, it's like having level 50ish stats starting at level 10, so I've basically been near unkillable (that and it helps that Songweavers have a bunch of heals while still doing solid damage).
    Send me a PM and let me know where you are if you do get back into it. Everyone I used to know quit.

You're infinitely further than I've ever been. Highest I ever got to was the high 40's/low 50's (can't remember which) on an Elyos Templar long ago on another account.
    Yeah, I used to play it a lot. It was a great game, but it seems like all the little grievances with the game that people used to hate that drove them all off are only starting to get dealt with now. It's kind of sad that the population that still play it is so low now. I feel much better playing F2P or B2P games when they actually have some population and I feel like they will have some staying power for awhile.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Highest i got to was 50 on my gunner then everything started asking me to kill 20 of this started feeling like a chore
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Deleted
    Did they always have arena cost tickets? Seems like something strange. Sure a bit more generous than star wars play 2 battlegrounds/week, but once a day is a bit cheap as well. Does this go for both EU and US? I guess they are selling more tickets in store then?:P
    Seems same as star wars, not a good pvp game to f2p-gamers... I understand the silence about the game =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes the arena tickets have been like that since they added them if I remember correctly. The arena isn't the only PvP though...there's plenty of that at fort sieges, and in the newer areas in open world.

Yes the arena tickets have been like that since they added them if I remember correctly. The arena isn't the only PvP though...there's plenty of that at fort sieges, and in the newer areas in open world.
    Yeah, the Abyss is where a ton of PvP happens (also where it's got a rocken soundtrack). No need to go to arena's, though there's guaranteed PvP there as the Abyss is open world stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the Abyss is where a ton of PvP happens (also where it's got a rocken soundtrack). No need to go to arena's, though there's guaranteed PvP there as the Abyss is open world stuff.
    There's a lot of places other than the Abyss now as well. There's Sarpan/Tiamaranta before 10 am EST, Tiamaranta's Eye and the forts there, three forts in Katalam/Danaria along with full world PvP in the majority of those two zones, and they've added a few areas with the latest patch that I haven't even gotten to see yet.

I did come back starting Friday and played over the weekend. Rolled a fresh chanter on Siel Elyos Friday afternoon. When I logged off last night it was already 48. They've made a TON of changes from what I am used to playing the past couple of years. They streamlined most of the questing so you pretty much just have to do campaigns, growth quests, and quests they've marked with dark blue arrows now. A lot of the dark blue arrow quests used to be light blue arrow quests...now those are hidden...you can still do them but they've made the dark blue arrow quests give so much XP that you really don't need to. They streamlined the campaigns so you don't need a group for any of them anymore, made them give more XP and decreased the number of them. They removed extraneous steps by having the NPCs port you around to other NPCs you need to talk to instead of making you have to run to them and back.

The biggest thing is the gear. All the stuff you used to have to grind your butt off for while leveling it feels like they're just throwing at you while questing now. They give you pretty much full sets of coin or equivalent gold gear the entire time, and once you hit 46 you can get a full Miragents set just by doing a couple of very, very easy quests (kill 10 mobs a piece).

The game installer had no option to choose the installation path, it uses standalone Wise patchers running from the temporary directory, the launcher does not detect 64-bit system, the game has to be run as Administrator, and -- cherry on top -- the game has some 'anticheat' protection which prevents it from running on my system at all.

I don't have much hope for the game whose developers cannot even design the client properly.

Not sure if I should post here cuz the thread is kind of dead, but is aion leveling still grindy in that i have to kill the same mob over and over, no quests etc? at any point in the leveling process

Quote Originally Posted by Emek View Post
    Not sure if I should post here cuz the thread is kind of dead, but is aion leveling still grindy in that i have to kill the same mob over and over, no quests etc? at any point in the leveling process
    No, this was addressed years ago and continues to improve. There is a "server" (it's a different channel) you can join for 300% experience through level 50 or 55 (forget which), and they've added hundreds upon hundreds of non-repeatable quests to smooth out the leveling process and eliminate the need to grind mobs or repeatable quests.

I just wish GW2 devs and Aion devs would team up and make Aion 2. Would be amazing having Aion's theme, classes, and some features executed with GW2 quality. Especially graphics and leveling pace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fast-track server is 1-55, it's I believe 100% bonus experience (double xp). Even past that leveling is much faster. They changed campaigns to give much more experience, and some regular quests turned into dark blue "bonus" type quests which give much more experience than they used to.

They also give you tons of stuff every 5 levels as you're leveling now. Scrolls and potions, bonus experience amulets, gear that you used to have to buy with coins you would grind for, etc.

I've gotten several characters 1-65 within 2 weeks playing very casually. I played at launch, and I think it took me 1-2 months to go 1-50 back then.

I mean...I'm still playing. If you enjoy the game and don't mind how low the population is, it's not a bad game. I'd imagine so long as it keeps doing well in Korea (it's one of the top games there still) they will still keep it running in NA and EU.

I need to redownload this at some point. Put my old HDD into my new computer and since the drive had a different name the launcher refused to recognize it : (

I loved Aion but I miss the fact it has no real end game like I'm used to.

Drew runs and Fort attacks were ok but in the end they just didn't do it for me. Which sucks becuase I loooove the Aion visuals.

Wings = awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by cptaylor38 View Post
    I just wish GW2 devs and Aion devs would team up and make Aion 2. Would be amazing having Aion's theme, classes, and some features executed with GW2 quality. Especially graphics and leveling pace.
    Yes please.

Homophobia is so gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxis View Post
    I loved Aion but I miss the fact it has no real end game like I'm used to.

Drew runs and Fort attacks were ok but in the end they just didn't do it for me. Which sucks becuase I loooove the Aion visuals.

Wings = awesome!
    It does, now...technically. It has a 12 man "raid" and a 24 man "raid" (I say that because they're like one boss each, not what you'd call a raid in comparison to other MMOs). It also has some challenging 6-man instances. There's one of each of 24v24 and 12v12 PvPvE instances, two 6v6 PvPvE instances (one is new, one is dredgion), and a 6v6 PvP instance.

Then there's fort sieges and open world PvP. The open world PvP is my favorite part.

Level cap raises to 75 tomorrow in NA

http://na.aiononline.com/echoes-of-eternity/ - Echoes of Eternity Expansion Patch goes live July 13, 2016 in NA

http://static.ncsoft.com/aion/store/...tes_071316.pdf - Official Patch Notes

Personally I would have to say Aion is definitely the most underrated MMO I've seen in NA. Has over 70 instances in the game.. beautiful environments especially in the newer zones, a wonderful soundtrack, and very fluid combat if your PC can handle it (there's a config to unlock FPS in the game past 60 so it feels buttery smooth and responsive). Leveling 1-65 is pretty quick and finding instance groups is pretty easy with the LFG tool and instance teleports.

I would personally rate Aion above Wildstar, TERA, GW2, ESO, etc and I've played all of those MMOs alot. Call me a fanboy but I've definitely found my MMO home other than WoW:Legion. Game isn't going to shutdown or anything it does great revenue-wise for NCSoft in Korea.

The newer environments are honestly beautiful though the only game with better environments/soundtrack I've seen is in the Legion Beta. Running at it 2560x1440p probably helps lol.
    Last edited by Anthony3187; 2016-07-13 at 02:03 AM.

Tried it back when it was released, got quickly bored because my class wasn't wanted in any groups (Gladiator). It looked pretty alright, I loved the theme, just felt bit annoying to dish out plenty of gold to just get access to random drop-ability stones that were a must-have.

Same I played it back around release and 2.0.. The grind just to level was pretty crazy back then, and I didn't get that great of FPS and sieges in the Abyss ran terrible. I was honestly just kind of burnt out on MMOs lately and it was a nice surprise when I decided to try the game out again since a new expansion was coming... The combat is a bit faster now most abilities aren't animation-locked anymore like they almost all were at launch.