Fury @ Challenge Mode - SMF or TG ?

I want some suggestions (other than "u should tank") from fury warriors who did gold modes already.

TG is probably the better choice crit rating wise and maybe AoE (i could be wrong) but would it compensate the singletarget/execute dps loss?

I'm also trying to get like optimal gear since set bonuses dont work anyway im putting some older stuff on with high crit on it etc. and yeah carbonic carbuncle or what that trinket is called in english.

Also wondering: dragonroar all the way or bladestorm (which might suck for some bosses)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    You're full of shit honey.

Well, Challenge modes are mostly based on how fast you can kill Trash -> AoE, Bosses are no problem, just trash.

yeah thats true.. seems like i can barely reach 8.5k critrating with smf with a suboptimal offhand

..which is still good but tg could be even more
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    You're full of shit honey.

yo,ive did all challenge modes as dps and I was TG,i would recommend TG cuz tg's better for aoeing

I'd imagine TG is better simply because you do more damage with WW with it.

Challenge modes are mostly about how quickly you kill big packs of trash. I doubt there's a significant difference between SMF and TG either way if you look at the whole instance though. Unless you're aiming for top ladder ranks or plan on carrying someone hard, I wouldn't worry about TG vs SMF.

Quote Originally Posted by adnre View Post
    I want some suggestions (other than "u should tank") from fury warriors who did gold modes already.
    There in lies the problem, if you want to dps gold runs as fury you have to team up with someone who gives you the 5% crit buff and even then i don't think you can compete. 463 ilvl fury has shit for crit, easily 10% less than full raid gear fury warrior and when you don't crit, you don't do dps. The other option is going arms, but that's not really ideal either as arms is currently one of the worst dps specs if not the worst dps spec out there.

Dps warriors really have it hard in challenge modes.

Also wondering: dragonroar all the way or bladestorm (which might suck for some bosses)?
    bladestorm all the way. In a gold run, single target dps doesn't matter, what does the most overall dps for the whole run is the talent to go for. This also means that poping reck + other CDs is ideal on trash, not the boss. This assuming you're going with bladestorm.

Titan Grip with Bladestorm >>>>

463 ilvl fury has shit for crit, easily 10% less than full raid gear fury warrior
    This is very untrue, even if I just use my normal raid gear with no optimizing for challenge mode, I lose less than 5% crit. By using gear better suited for CMs, basically gear with more item budget spent on crit rating, I am sitting at 24% crit unbuffed inside the CM, more than most 480+ ilvl fury wars. Ppl need to start looking past the ilvl and actually look at the stats on gear. I do agree that not having 5% crit buff makes you feel pretty lousy though.

I used LFR Starshatters on my warrior for 90% of the time I was in CMs when I got 9/9 gold on my warrior. There were a few bosses that I would switch to SMF during the end of a pull just before a boss to boost single target dps on the boss however. If you ever find you have 30s to switch to SMF for a boss (between packs in Gate, during an invis pot, as a trash pack is dying and boss dps is very important, etc) go ahead and do so, but TG bladestorms and interrupts are the only reason to bring a warrior to CMs.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...oroko/advanced If you're curious about my times. I'm still the only warrior on Mal'ganis to finish 9/9 gold :/

Deleted
    Would it also not depend on the weapons you have available? I know the stats are reduced, but the stats on the weapons could be important - I did them as prot so I can't really comment on that regard, but smf vs tg has always been about what weapons you have. Even as tg the gravetouch greatsword (blue quality sword) might work due to being hit/crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayleigh View Post
    Would it also not depend on the weapons you have available? I know the stats are reduced, but the stats on the weapons could be important - I did them as prot so I can't really comment on that regard, but smf vs tg has always been about what weapons you have. Even as tg the gravetouch greatsword (blue quality sword) might work due to being hit/crit.
    One thing to add to this is that even though items are scaled down to 463 ilvl, hit and expertise are not. So it is still beneficial to have higher level gear (in this case, weapons) that give you hit/exp.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsu View Post
    Titan Grip with Bladestorm >>>>
    Considering Shockwave is virtually the only utility you bring as a DPS warrior in CMs, not really an option.

I'm tanking them on War but i'd go with TG for fury since you're AoEing most of the time anyway.

Deleted
    I did 9/9 Gold while being TG with 2x Scholo Axe and a rare/epic gear mix, since alot of the rare gear has awesome stats like crit/hit, crit/exp or crit/mastery. AOE DMG was fucking awesome with Bladestorm and Bloodbath for Trash, Boss DPS was kinda low when my RNG Sucked but Trash DPS is more important overall.
    I tried SMF in some instances, but overall TG DPS was better. With SMF i had only like 18% crit or something and my Trash DPS outside of Bladestorm was awful because i couldn't cleave that often due to missing RB proc's.

When you have a Paladin Tank you might consider taking Shockwave over Bladestorm for some Instances because they can't kite/stun as awesome as Warrior/DK Tanks (we needed this for Stormstout Gold).

Quote Originally Posted by Mataru View Post
    This is very untrue, even if I just use my normal raid gear with no optimizing for challenge mode, I lose less than 5% crit. By using gear better suited for CMs, basically gear with more item budget spent on crit rating, I am sitting at 24% crit unbuffed inside the CM, more than most 480+ ilvl fury wars. Ppl need to start looking past the ilvl and actually look at the stats on gear. I do agree that not having 5% crit buff makes you feel pretty lousy though.

yeah 10% was an overstatement. A friend of mine whom i've been running challenges with said 10% because we were also missing the 5% crit buff. so in comparison to the normal raid situation he was down quite alot of crit. Enough to make fury not worth it.