Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wind Lord. As a Boomkin, I hate that fight. I'm Thankful I get to heal it on heroic and not dps.

Sha of Fear. Boring. Booooooooooooooooooooring. Boss fights must not last for SO long, it makes too less pulls during progress raids.
    Don't know why people dislike Lei Shi so much. At least, the fight with her is not boring as hell and has lots of dynamic action.

Sha of Snooze and Will of the Emperor. I don't get how they can keep designing these 10-15 minute single phase fights where nothing changes, ESPECIALLY after the reception of spine and madness of Cataclysm... Will got a little more exciting on HC but can't say I'm looking forward to Sha progression...

What's up with all the people saying Lei Shi? Sure, it's a little dull on normal (and it has the most annoying boss voice this side of XT from ulduar), but the HC version is probably one of the most exciting and dynamic fights in the tier.

(And if you pay attention you can predict hide/get away with 95%+ accuracy, there's no reason anyone would ever waste their CD's into a hide unless it's the 1 in 1000 combo of protectors > hide > hide.)
    Last edited by Joán; 2012-12-25 at 09:23 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm a tank, pretty much everything in ToES is boring. The adds before Lei Shi require that I look at my screen more so than the four bosses.

I guess Garalon is the worst out of all 16 bosses, as literally my only responsibility is to stand in front of his mouth.

---------- Post added 2012-12-25 at 01:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Joán View Post
    (and it has the most annoying boss voice this side of XT from ulduar)
    Ooh idea-> Lil' Lei Shi companion, automatically puts out Cinder Kitty flames while yelling "I did not want to have to do this!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Will is just fucking shit for me but everything else is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Ugh, I hate Lei Shi. I find Blade Lord to be really boring as well. Definitely the two least enjoyable fights of the tier for me-- Lei Shi is just poorly thought out, having some classes unable to assist during Hide is just awful design, in particular. Not fun at all.

Now Vizier, can't quite put my finger on it, but that was a fun fight.
    Lei Shi isn't quite as bad when you play a Destruction Warlock - you cover the entire place in Rain of Fire extremely fast with Mannoroths Fury and feel useful for a change. xD

I've only done mostly LFR so far, but imo, most of my gripes are HoF bosses. I actually love Lei Shei (and most of ToES), so I think something is wrong with me. Would be nice if there was a bit of a bigger window between phase changes though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lei Shi and that god damn Blade Lord because of my Aus ping.
    Walk no where near a cyclone, gets tossed back because I apparently hit one.

Almost got booted out of my guild for that happening all the time, so I just sat out of the fight.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Lei Shi.
    Or Garajal

It's close between the two.

Deleted
    Lei Shi and Garalon. Lei Shi is stupid RNG fight (Hide is a joke compared to Get Away!). Garalon's fight is simply stupid in a design. Best raid of T14 was ironically Mogu'Shan Vaults for me. I enjoy it's design, lore and bosses are fun. It's pity that it's the easiest raid in T14. Way better than Terrace. Also i must mention Sha of Fear. On Heroic it was enjoyable for me, it wasn't bad, but it simply was too long.

Amber Shaper, Garalon or Lei Shei.

All the encounters in terrace and Will of the Emperor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleric View Post
    Lei Shi is a little annoying because of how random the encounter is.

I'm going to vote for Amber Shaper as the worst encounter, though. Success is way too dependent on the random people chosen to drive the vehicle.
    That's really not about bad game design, that's about bad players though.

OT: Lei Shi is annoying due to the randomness indeed and the fact that several classes can't do shit when she's hiding.

Garalon is pretty cool. Amber Shaper Un'sok was pretty annoying the first few times til everyone understood what to do when they got in the vehicle.

My top 3 is without a doubt Lei Shi, Sha of Fear and Will of the Emperor.

Lei Shi: ALWAYS HIDING (at least when we do it).
    Sha of Fear: Some pretty cool mechanics, but it drags on too long.
    Will of the Emperor: "Trash mob event" pretty much.

I was so stoked about getting to this 'Emperor' and expecting an epic fight, butt hen come this!?

Oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochglen View Post
    I am wondering if Blizzard are going to give the Alliance the 5 mounts because the worgen have running wild, the horde have 5 new mounts , i just think they should balance it out, how say you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    hows about you give half your money to africa because you have more than them, and it's not balanced
    no? didn't think so

I dont really like Will of the Emperor on normal. never actually feel like im fighting a boss. just trash over and over

Deleted
    H vizier before the change - tons of wipes due to going to the other platform, pretty cool fight besides that though

Didn't really enjoy garalon though

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post

Now Vizier, can't quite put my finger on it, but that was a fun fight.
    It's a really active fight which is what makes it fun to me personally.

Dancing attenuation, running to bubbles, breaking MCs. Also subtle stuff you can do to make it smoother like dumping CC's before he pops MCs.

Lots of buttons and lots of movement. Good fight

Tough Choice...I think Le Shi is okay minus the hide ability which makes it really really fucking annoying...usually mechanics exist for a purpose, and better encounters have a synergy of said mechanics that usually make them better. This one just seems thrown in there just to piss you off. Other than that, Sha of Fear kind of stinks, too. It's 75 minutes long, not very intense, and it seems like a bunch of randomass mechanics thrown together while the only hard part of the fight (on normal anyways) is nuking a panda that has nothing to do with anything. I don't 'hate' either fight but I think Sha especially could have been a lot better.

It's not being asked, but as for the best encounter, I would say Elegon, hands down, despite the fact it's not the hardest, I really don't feel they could have designed it any better...well other than being more melee-friendly but I guess that includes most encounters...but as a ranged dps, I love it.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2012-12-26 at 02:32 AM.

Deleted
    should have made this a poll btw :P

Will of the Emp and Lei Shi are boring as hell after you actually get a kill under your belt and not all that exciting before that.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."