Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Worst Raid Encounter of the Tier?

In my opinion, it's either Blade Lord or Garalon. The tornadoe phase is really annoying, and a boss fight that doesn't require tanks sucks when you're a tank.

Garalon definately.

edit: and lei shi, thanks Mione

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Worst in terms of difficult or worst as in encounter design?

I personally also hate Lei Shi.
    Encounter Design

Lei Shi is a little annoying because of how random the encounter is.

I'm going to vote for Amber Shaper as the worst encounter, though. Success is way too dependent on the random people chosen to drive the vehicle.

Garalon, without a doubt
    Shuttle of Illidan

Lei shi, i dont even get how people think how garalon can compete in badness.

I have enjoyed nearly every encounter from T14, but yeah Lei Shei is absolute dogshit.

Lei Shi is so shit.

Garalon is great but could deal with a better mechanic for passing pheromones to each other. Blade Lord is a bit boring but fine unless you have lag - I've never survived a Heroic Blade Lord kill because of my lag I get to the end and am yanked back whilst channelling tranq just fyi. Will of the emperor is sadly quite boring and Sha of Fear Norm is just a sleep fest. Both have great ideas in them no doubt but implementation of rinse and repeat for "end bosses" is just sad.

To clarify I have enjoyed pretty much every single boss encounter this tier but rinse and repeat fights get pretty annoying pretty fast
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

We're confident the .01% left will be thrilled to attend a post-apocalyptic BlizzCon.

Ugh, I hate Lei Shi. I find Blade Lord to be really boring as well. Definitely the two least enjoyable fights of the tier for me-- Lei Shi is just poorly thought out, having some classes unable to assist during Hide is just awful design, in particular. Not fun at all.

Now Vizier, can't quite put my finger on it, but that was a fun fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've only done LFR, so I'll say Lei Shi. Her phase switches are just annoying, and I don't think normal and heroic would change that annoyance much.

Edit: man, it's probably the first time I see a thread starting with so many people mentioning the same boss. Just shows how detestable Lei Shi's mechanics are, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Garalon hands down

Surprised nobody said Sha of Fear, 15 min fight with jumping between boss and add?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Like everyone else, Lei Shi. Garalon is a cool fight, but still my least favorite in HoF. From Vaults I have to say I dislike Feng. Don't know why, just annoys me. Everything is very good though.
    Man, I've got bags under my eyes... BAGS OF MONEY!
    See ya later, peasants.

Praise The Sun!

Deleted
    Sha of Fear

Sha of fear heroic. Long, tedious and boring

Sha of Anger
    Lei Shi
    Sha of Fear
    Garalon

Since I tend to main characters that can do AOE without the need to target someone, I kind of like Lei Shi from just seeing her in LFR. Thrall knows, I don't want to have to heal her on Normal during Splash phases as a Monk. The amount of spike and cleave going out is suppose to be horrible during progression.

For me, judging mostly from LFR (as my last boss downed was (N) Garalon), I want to think Ambershaper is going to be awful. If there's a real chance of wiping then it's going to be an "int check" of a boss with all the excessive "don't stand in this, attack that now, stop attacking that, attack this other thing while cleaving that, someone forgot to interrupt themselves, stop healing the parasites, someone died wipe it" going on.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Sha of fear.

Encounters should not be this long.
    Last edited by Shiira; 2012-12-25 at 03:34 PM.

Garalon by far.
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28