why am I thrown to page X rather than page 1?

Sometimes when I click on a forum thread I get to page 46 for example, to some comment of some person, seems totally random. Other times I'm thrown to page one, as seems to be how it should be.
    If it is intentional, for example I'm getting thrown to high rated post, what's the reasoning behind it? Why would I care what 257th post on a thread is when I don't even know what thread creator has said in his first post?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you click on the blue arrow button next to the thread title, you will be taken to your first unread post, which could be on page 46, rather than page 1.

nah, that's not it
    good thing that arrow tho, really helps
    but it happens (sometimes) when i'm going to totally new, never seen (to me) thread.
    happened like 5 mins ago and I got dropped to Endus' post, thought it was high ranked or something, that's why i'm here

15+ Year Old Account
    If you click on a thread from the front page recent posts list and you're logged out, it will take you to the most recent post (last post of the thread). When you're logged in, it will take you to your personal most recently read post.

It considers your "most recently read" post to be the last post on the last page that you visited, so if you had even clicked another thread by mistake or through a link from another thread, it will still consider it read to that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    If you click on a thread from the front page recent posts list and you're logged out, it will take you to the most recent post (last post of the thread). When you're logged in, it will take you to your personal most recently read post.

It considers your "most recently read" post to be the last post on the last page that you visited, so if you had even clicked another thread by mistake or through a link from another thread, it will still consider it read to that point.
    I have considered this as 'broken' since some week after the new theme and lay-out was introduced to MMO-C.

I mostly get to threads through the front page, and more often than not I am thrown to a seemingly random post on a random page of that thread. Even though I've never visited the thread before.

It is really very annoying, as I then have to scroll up, and click to page #1.

I'm always logged in (from the same location), and I refresh the front page a good hundred times a day.

EDIT: Just now, clicking the forum link to '[Megathread] Blade & Soul MMO' from the front page, I got thrown to post #53, on page 3. I have positively never opened this thread before.
    Last edited by Cowt; 2012-12-25 at 09:56 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you think there's a bug, I'm happy to send it to the devs, but every time I've heard complaints and tested it myself or asked for more details, it turns out that the person was just mistaken.

Basically, I need information like:

- URL that is listed on the front page (right click -> copy link location)
    - URL that's in the forum itself on the blue 'latest post' icon (since this should be the same)
    - URL that you're sent to when you click the front page link (final URL)
    - any relevant screenshots

going to try more things tomorrow with clear head, but just try it yourself, I just tried opening 4 or 5 new threads i've never visited in my life and in one of those i'm in #2244 post, written by moderator, 2nd time today i'm forced to read random post made by mod on whatever page xD
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post19460191

15+ Year Old Account
    Before you click the link, both take a screenshot and copy the link address (right click -> copy link).

It won't help me if I just know what link you end up with; I need to know what link got you there as well (it's a redirect that figures out where to send you).

Like I said in my other post, a screenshot of the forum where the thread is plus copying the link address (*without* visiting; don't actually click to visit because that will change things) of the blue 'latest post' icon will also help.