Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    give me a melee class that turns into a purple demon and I'll reroll right away.

aesthetics > gameplay. but gameplay is mildly important as well. so if possible, I'd like to have melee demo back.
    That is one of the best comments I have ever seen in MMO champ.

---------- Post added 2012-12-31 at 05:26 PM ----------

I'd like to have that talent completely reworked. It has to be something more warlocky and less mage(y). Cataclysm feels too elemental and I would prefer it to be something entropic or shadowflame-like.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Destruction is interesting now, and not a complete clusterfuck as was in Cata. I think only a masochist or troll could claim to want it back. And Affliction, I have mixed feelings about; I think I just hate being railroaded into Sacrifice.
    Why must I always be the one with the most demented and crazy opinions when it comes to class design and taste I was never really good at trolling, so I guess I must be a masochist for wanting Cataclysm Destruction back.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the problem with cata destro is that it lost all the feeling of what the core of the spec was about, and ended up playing like the bastard ginger step child of the affliction tree. Old school locks will tell you that their used to be two types of lock. Ones that loved both affliction and destro(before demo was viable) and ones that loved affliction and hated destro or vies versa. So when cata destro reared its head all of those locks that hated affliction were forced to play their much beloved spec in the style they were avoiding!!

I was one of the first kind of locks so didn't bother me that much, but I felt for my best lock mate as he hates affy!!!!

That all being said imp soul fire was a turbo shit mechanic, I'd rather eat wasps out of a tramps ass that see that come back ;-p

Quote Originally Posted by villie View Post
    I think the problem with cata destro is that it lost all the feeling of what the core of the spec was about, and ended up playing like the bastard ginger step child of the affliction tree. Old school locks will tell you that their used to be two types of lock. Ones that loved both affliction and destro(before demo was viable) and ones that loved affliction and hated destro or vies versa. So when cata destro reared its head all of those locks that hated affliction were forced to play their much beloved spec in the style they were avoiding!!

I was one of the first kind of locks so didn't bother me that much, but I felt for my best lock mate as he hates affy!!!!

That all being said imp soul fire was a turbo shit mechanic, I'd rather eat wasps out of a tramps ass that see that come back ;-p
    Will I sound crazy if I told you that I completely despised affliction during cataclysm, as opposed to Destruction which I absolutely loved? :/

Cataclysm Destruction warlock wasn't that bad per se, the problem is it like felt a bad fiery version of Affliction because of the DoT management while keeping short CD spells on CD and weaving hardcasting spells in between. It didn't really felt destructive at all. The current design fits way better that feeling.

The problems (imho) Destruction is dealing with right now is the lack of preasure outside of Dark Soul and the Incinerate spam, Destruction could use another filler ember-generating spell (stronger and more expensive to avoid spam it) or some sort of short CD or a small proc (that's not tied to a specific demon), nothing very important, just to make you feel you're doing something else than spamming Incinerate, as much as I love that spell animation. Or even both, a new filler + short CD/proc.

I love eveything else about the spec right now (except we lost Cataclysm, that spell, although somewhat unuseful, had a such an amazing animation :_()
    Last edited by Sylar Hao; 2013-01-02 at 05:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Nothing stops you to go to melee range and shoot from there if that what floats your boat... seriously
    Except multiple encounter mechanics; in fact, mechanics on almost every fight in the tier prevent that.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    That is one of the best comments I have ever seen in MMO champ.
    I'd disagree, many players play the game for its gameplay over aesthetics. I can make any character look good if I cared with transmog, but it's the gameplay that is what makes me play the class over another.

Most high-intensity play requires you to be zoomed out (so you can't see animations as well), but you definitely have to mind your rotation/abilities. If your play day consists of nothing but farmville, I can see why aesthetics might take over.

I do think aesthetics are pretty important, but gameplay is really far more important.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    I do think aesthetics are pretty important, but gameplay is really far more important.
    we'll have to agree on disagreeing, than. I see no point on playing flawlessly and killing all bosses on heroic and getting more gear to kill stronger things, if I can't look cool while doing so.

my main is a warlock because they are the most aesthetically pleasing class in-game, IMHO. but my favorite playstyle is that of the melee classes and my favorite role is the tank.

I have so much fun on questing, scenarios and soloing with dark apotheosis

(but raiding got lame)
    Last edited by checking facts; 2013-01-02 at 01:43 PM.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Except multiple encounter mechanics; in fact, mechanics on almost every fight in the tier prevent that.
    Yes thats why i hated shadowflame

I was just answering some user that enjoyed being Melee demo

Deleted
    One thing that's strange to me about the Destruction playstyle now is how Backdraft functions... As in, why does it exist?

When you press Conflagrate, sure, you will now have faster casting and cheaper incinerates... But from a gameplay point of view, nothing changes at all.

I always thought when I saw how destruction would be about managing mana and embers, that perhaps when you activate backdraft via conflagrate, we would have another spell which, without backdraft, would be a resource hog, but with backdraft, could be brought into the rotation read: Searing Pain/Soulfire.

As it stands, you do the same damn thing the whole fight, your "proc" from conflagrate changes nothing rotation-wise, aside 'do not use chaosbolt'.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beranin View Post
    I miss 4.2 demo. Pet swapping made me feel like a true 'demo' lock.

However, I do enjoy meta being something that defines the spec rather than just a CD.

If only 4.2 and 5.1 merged...
    Petswapping made me feel like an idiot. During a boss encounter, whenever I'm not throwing dangerous magic at a boss to inflict harm with the intent of killing the target, I get this feeling in the pit of my stomach that I'm doing it wrong. Now we stance dance, which isn't much different.

I really liked destruction as it was in Cataclysm, but getting rid of corruption was the right thing to do. I feel that Chaos Bolt should have its own dot though, so that if you fired 4 Chaos Bolts rapidly, there would be 4 seperate dots left on the target.

What I certainly don't miss about Cataclysm was the dull raid encounters. There were a few golden ones, Raggy HC, Al'Akir HC and Cho'gall HC for instance.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    I miss nothing about cataclysm, maybe aff pvp but thats it, needing to be at melee, pet swithing, ISF, slow ass rampup, mediocre DPS

I dont understand how can ppl miss any of this.
    Yeah this.

Plus no burst made us useless on breaking facerage, tendons, tc. Extremely slow ramp up time for affliction. Afflictions tree/fel hunter had numerous synergies with drain life, yet we had Shadow bolt as a filler. Mandatory talents in destruction tree just to power up said filler that cant be accessed until near level cap.

Demo's unique minion was useless except for his demon soul buff. Hard casting your Felguard mid raid. Demo's damage being balanced around a bugged Doomguard's triple mastery dipping and waiting x minutes every pull for his cool down to reset.

Destro forced to use imp always. ISF. Burst spec without any burst.

damage gimped in all three specs if raid mechanics forced us out of melee/shadow flame range (think Majordomo in FL).

Yeah, I don't ever want to go there again.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Deleted
    Sometimes I wonder how a T14 fight would have been with the old Destruction. I'm usually glad to play the new version of it

What's funny (or sad) is that warlocks were still the class I considered the most fun in cata out of all the classes. Nowadays it's just hilariously more fun, though I think t14 was a little disappointing compared to t11 (content wise).

Deleted
    I dislike the new affliction. Malefic Grasp and the new version of haunt just don't do it for me, I liked the old, rhythmic shadowbolt with the occasional haunt on CD play. My favorite point was probably WOTLK Naxx where immolation was still in the rotation, but Cata wasn't so bad. That said, I think the "new" affliction will grow on me, one of my main problems is that I've had the floor pulled out from under me - afflictions always been the spec I went back to and knew how to play pretty darn well, MOP has had me feeling uncertain for the first time in years. I'm hoping once I get the feel for it and stop being so self conscious about my own performance I'll grow to like it, who knows - right now I certainly prefer WOTLK / Cata Afflic.

Demonology I hated the pet swapping in late Cata. I'm not that fond of it in MOP, but I'll take anything over late Cata demo.

Destruction I've never really liked in my 8 years of warlocking, I think the only time I enjoyed playing it was in late WOTLK where I could romp around BGs in OP raiding gear and conflag people to death. Played it a bit in early MOP for pvping, seemed better than usual but I've not played around with it enough to get a feel for, nor do I have enough interest in how it was before to really gauge how it is now.