Destro PvP lock... staff or main/offhand?

Title says it all. Is there any up sides to either of them?

Quote Originally Posted by frigoffrick View Post
    Title says it all. Is there any up sides to either of them?

Main/off has always been better because of the off hand enchant.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveyai View Post
    Main/off has always been better because of the off hand enchant.
    That's what I thought, thanks a lot!

There's a new wrinkle, though: item upgrades. It costs the same 1500 CP to upgrade a staff and a dagger, but the staff gets a point boost equal to upgrading both the dagger and the OH. In other words, you're getting a free item upgrade out of it.

Now, if points aren't an issue, then MH/OH is still ahead. But you'd have to be pretty high in the ranks to have enough CP to buy a full set AND upgrade every piece, and still have 1500 CP to upgrade the OH too. So I actually think that once you consider the free item upgrade a 2H is now a superior choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    There's a new wrinkle, though: item upgrades. It costs the same 1500 CP to upgrade a staff and a dagger, but the staff gets a point boost equal to upgrading both the dagger and the OH. In other words, you're getting a free item upgrade out of it.

Now, if points aren't an issue, then MH/OH is still ahead. But you'd have to be pretty high in the ranks to have enough CP to buy a full set AND upgrade every piece, and still have 1500 CP to upgrade the OH too. So I actually think that once you consider the free item upgrade a 2H is now a superior choice.

I agree 100% with this.

mh/oh has always been better considering it is more expensive to get. 2 raid drops, 2 enchants, 2 gems, 2 reforges, and now 2 upgrades
    staff is the cheaper option