Destro PvP lock... staff or main/offhand?

Title says it all. Is there any up sides to either of them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frigoffrick View Post
    Title says it all. Is there any up sides to either of them?

Main/off has always been better because of the off hand enchant.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveyai View Post
    Main/off has always been better because of the off hand enchant.
    That's what I thought, thanks a lot!

There's a new wrinkle, though: item upgrades. It costs the same 1500 CP to upgrade a staff and a dagger, but the staff gets a point boost equal to upgrading both the dagger and the OH. In other words, you're getting a free item upgrade out of it.

Now, if points aren't an issue, then MH/OH is still ahead. But you'd have to be pretty high in the ranks to have enough CP to buy a full set AND upgrade every piece, and still have 1500 CP to upgrade the OH too. So I actually think that once you consider the free item upgrade a 2H is now a superior choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    There's a new wrinkle, though: item upgrades. It costs the same 1500 CP to upgrade a staff and a dagger, but the staff gets a point boost equal to upgrading both the dagger and the OH. In other words, you're getting a free item upgrade out of it.

Now, if points aren't an issue, then MH/OH is still ahead. But you'd have to be pretty high in the ranks to have enough CP to buy a full set AND upgrade every piece, and still have 1500 CP to upgrade the OH too. So I actually think that once you consider the free item upgrade a 2H is now a superior choice.

I agree 100% with this.

mh/oh has always been better considering it is more expensive to get. 2 raid drops, 2 enchants, 2 gems, 2 reforges, and now 2 upgrades
    staff is the cheaper option