Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Should blizzard offer....

i know they do it for full servers with que times everynow and then why dont they offer it for low pop servers to go to only a medium population server? Sometimes i like playing on a low pop server as i can farm whatever i want when i want but when it comes to being part of something like a guild its near impossible. And before yall say well pay the 25 dollars to transfer, i give blizz 16 dollars a month that should also include 1 free server transfer every 3-6 months. now it aint my fault why i am on a low pop server. before MoP both servers where hopping and full of ppl all the time now and yes i have actually ran tests for my faction and yes i only know it is 2 servers but thru basically a period of time from 10am server time till 1am server time doing /who 1-90 coming back with at the most 40 and the least 13. of those 40 only about 15 was 90s i guess ppl was leveling alts.

but my main thing is what is your opinion. should they or shouldnt they since they do it sometimes for full server. thanks!

Happy Holidays!

It's a business...If the client pays for it...why offer it

But I agree with you, we should get it for free. months ago I missed the Free transfer by 1 week on my shitty server and now I'm stuck. 20€ x 5....no thanks.
    Last edited by Patife17; 2012-12-24 at 04:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    make a low pop server... even more low pop? their system is out-dated. it was set up when wow started.. which made sense when you only had one or maybe 2 max level toons. now people easily have 5-8-11. at 25 dollars each toon thats just too outrageous to be expected to pay. they really should set up some sort of group rate. or account rate. they should also allow a single free transfer, for people that wanna get started on a server but dont know anything about it. first 90 days you can transfer once free of charge. or something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Or close servers down. Idk but withe battlenet being able to group with friends thru that and doing stuff is nice. But I wanna be part of a guild and I ain't paying 25 dollars just to move so money hungry blizzard can make more. I feel so alone in the world......of Warcraft like an apocalypse happened on the servers and me and like 10 other ppl are all that is left. It is lonely!!

Quote Originally Posted by sosleapy View Post
    yes i only know it is 2 servers but thru basically a period of time from 10am server time till 1am server time doing /who 1-90 coming back with at the most 40 and the least 13. of those 40 only about 15 was 90s i guess ppl was leveling alts.

Happy Holidays!
    /who will always return a max of 40 people.

Quote Originally Posted by think309 View Post
    /who will always return a max of 40 people.
    Try again max /who is 49 ppl

That would only make the problem worse. They offer free transfers for full realms so people will go to the lower population realms to even things out.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffter View Post
    That would only make the problem worse. They offer free transfers for full realms so people will go to the lower population realms to even things out.
    Yup and yet here we are still sitting on low pop servers with noone around. More IMO they need to just shut down the low . I can't get on one if the full servers still cuz of que times for one they iffered free transfers off. And even still things are uneven lol
    Last edited by sosleapy; 2012-12-25 at 07:11 AM.

Granted there are problems with low pop servers, but you can easily reroll. It really doesn't take long these days to get to 85 at least. The $15 I spend goes towards development of new content.... I don't expect them to give me a freebie for something that is frankly out of their control as well. If you don't want to reroll then spend the money to transfer. Or even transfer one toon with all the heirlooms and make rerolling easier. Remember, they're a business that is trying to make a profit. They're not evil for that or bad or out of touch.... It is what it is. There are ways to do it for free or minimal amounts of money so I don't really see a problem.

A little offtopic, but why do people make threads with titles like these? Personally it really annoys me. Just put what you want to say in the stupid title. "Should blizzard offer free transfers for low pop servers". Clear and concise. You still get the same amount of readers, and people who actually care about the topic will post insightful things. There's no need for bait.
    Last edited by link4117; 2012-12-25 at 07:13 AM.

What annoys me is ppl that come in here saying blizzard wants to make a profit from this stuff. Lets just say ur 15 dollars a month plus just a lower number 5 million subs that month that is 75 million dollars a month just off subs on the low side not to mention the other small things I would say they make money wise 80 million a month and u wanna sit here and say they shouldn't offer something free like a push if an easy button transfer??? Wow get a grip bro. Blizzard makes so much money they can offer something this small every 6 months or so. Rift already proved how easy it is to do. Blizzard just wants more money cuz honestly they don't care and the low pop servers are just costing them money from server maintenance

What annoys me is ppl that come in here saying blizzard wants to make a profit from this stuff. Lets just say ur 15 dollars a month plus just a lower number 5 million subs that month that is 75 million dollars a month just off subs on the low side not to mention the other small things I would say they make money wise 80 million a month and u wanna sit here and say they shouldn't offer something free like a push if an easy button transfer??? Wow get a grip bro. Blizzard makes so much money they can offer something this small every 6 months or so. Rift already proved how easy it is to do. Blizzard just wants more money cuz honestly they don't care and the low pop servers are just costing them money from server maintenance
    It's a business. What don't you understand? People will pay for it. They're not getting super critical reviews about offering such a service for a fee instead of free. If you owned a business, you'd want to make it as profitable as you could. Yeah they make a lot of money. Yeah they could offer free transfers, but why should they? How is it good for business? They said they're already trying to address server issues. Like I said before, you can always reroll. You seem to have a sense of entitlement. They make so much money because they made a good game that entertains all different ages and demographics. A lot of hard work went into it. Why should they not make money off of it? I don't think you get what it means to have a business. Not to mention the costs of server upkeep, development, staff, and other costs. It's probably not more than they make off of subscribers, but again... BUSINESS.... PROFIT. You're lucky that they even listen to feedback. They don't have to and a lot of developers don't.

You're argument is the one that doesn't make sense to me. Why can't you reroll? Why can't you spend the money on the transfer? Is it really a gamebreaker for you? If so, then why exactly? Blizzard doesn't control who goes on what server, much like you don't control which servers you start on that go low pop. You sound entitled in the bad way. If you don't like their model, you don't have to play. Really that's the truth of it. Sorry, in this world you can't get everything you want. If you hate it so much, leave. If you like it so much, then rerolling or paid transfer shouldn't be a problem.
    Last edited by link4117; 2012-12-25 at 07:39 AM.

It's called keeping ur customer happy. But I guess u don't have the business sense to see that. Then also answer why offer free to full servers then? Oh it's to keep ppl happy. U are saying it is okay to give one kid candy but not another......

---------- Post added 2012-12-25 at 01:44 AM ----------

Why won't I pay for the transfer cuz they already get 15 dollars a month of my money. I ain't asking for free will anytime u want to transfer I am asking for like once every 6 months or so. In all honesty they did something along those lines I highly doubt would have balancing issues cuz one of the top reason ppl don't wanna transfer is the damn cost and that is why u get jam packed servers...

It's called keeping ur customer happy. But I guess u don't have the business sense to see that. Then also answer why offer free to full servers then? Oh it's to keep ppl happy. U are saying it is okay to give one kid candy but not another......

---------- Post added 2012-12-25 at 01:44 AM ----------

Why won't I pay for the transfer cuz they already get 15 dollars a month of my money. I ain't asking for free will anytime u want to transfer I am asking for like once every 6 months or so. In all honesty they did something along those lines I highly doubt would have balancing issues cuz one of the top reason ppl don't wanna transfer is the damn cost and that is why u get jam packed servers...
    They do keep their customers happy. Do you see people up in arms over free transfers? No, most care about balance, content, rep grinds, and a whole bunch of other things. Like I said, Blizzard isn't forsaking you. You are not a victim. They, and I, have repeatedly said they're aware low pop realms are an issue they wish to work on. And high pop servers aren't high pop because people don't want to transfer... They're high pop because people transfer or reroll to them.

It's called keeping ur customer happy. But I guess u don't have the business sense to see that. Then also answer why offer free to full servers then? Oh it's to keep ppl happy. U are saying it is okay to give one kid candy but not another
    Free blowjobs and a blingtron vending machine that shits out free epics would keep me happy. I don't see them offering that either.

but my main thing is what is your opinion. should they or shouldnt they since they do it sometimes for full server. thanks!

Happy Holidays!
    I think they should offer at a minimum an account wide transfer for $25. But until people start quitting and writing in, it's because they are on a low pop and can't afford to transfer their 8 toons,There really is no reason for Blizzard to change the current model. We don't know the numbers. As far as we know, it might be 10-1 people who will pay $25 each toon.

Diablo3 showed me that people will spend large sums of money on some minor things. $125 for a ring ? So I'd say, you can't completely blame Blizzard if people are willing to pay, why shouldn't they be willing to sell. It's like people who charge 1500 gold for level 30 greens for Transmog. They aren't selling to people who think that's stupid, they are selling to the people don't care the cost

All the high pops have been high pop since release and have had numerous free transfers already and yet they are stil high pop and going more free transfers which apparently their free transfers ain't fixing anything....idk so I guess the low pop server are like the step child noone cares about and if customers are happy why ain't I and the over 100 ppl that was in my guild that don't play anymore apparently happy? The only reason I play now is cuz I play with my stepson.

---------- Post added 2012-12-25 at 02:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Free blowjobs and a blingtron vending machine that shits out free epics would keep me happy. I don't see them offering that either.
    Epics are pretty much free anyhow and have been since bc lol

---------- Post added 2012-12-25 at 02:08 AM ----------

I knew this thread would bring out the fan boys too that suck blizzards epeen and think everything they do is fine and dandy

i give blizz 16 dollars a month that should also include 1 free server transfer every 3-6 months.
    Yeah? Why?

Should they? Yes.

Why? We, their longtime loyal customers, are in part (a big part) responsible for all their success and position. Every business gives back a little to promote this, it's pretty standard in any market with a reasonable amount of competition.

Will they do it? No.

Why not? Well because the MMO market, and WoW, do not have a reasonable amount of competition right now and they can charge whatever they like and nickel and dime you for quality and quantity. Their current set of practices exists because it flies, because they can without losing business. In a nutshell, you (the consumers) paying a sub and paying for their services validates their practices and methods.

What can you do? Quite simply, nothing except make suggestions on popular fansite forums and the official forums and hope that:

A- If enough people leave the game they'll look for and spot your suggestion(s) among the thousands of others.

B- They are noticed by enough people and receive enough fan attention to warrant notice.

Alternatively you can just pick the easy way out if you still want to play their game and there is nothing else on the market of interest to you right now, which is paying this one time fee for no fault of yours. Something players do often and what Blizzard counts on.

Hope this was helpful.

---------- Post added 2012-12-25 at 01:39 PM ----------

I knew this thread would bring out the fan boys too that suck blizzards epeen and think everything they do is fine and dandy
    Not the words I would choose, yet the words that tell it best I admit.
    Last edited by Vivek; 2012-12-25 at 08:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    I am a liberal, I vote democrat. That doesn't mean I agree with the ludicrously naive belief that a full-time job entitles one to the concept they should be able to entirely support themself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostop it View Post
    Cooking is a skill? In wow maybe.

Is your comeback to everyone that disagrees slightly with you to call them a "fanboy?

Really?

Did it ever occur to you that theres positions between the extremes on "fanboy" and "hater". Just because we don't agree with you means that we have opinions of our own. Forgive us for expressing them on *gasp* a discussion forum.

Stupid child. Or should I blindly call you a "hater" since you disagreed with Blizz?

u pay 16 bucks for access, nothing more. you dont own your account, you dont own your character, your items, your gold, etc.