Poll: Arm for a million dollars?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'll pass on selling my arm. That number would have to be in the billions for me to even consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitus View Post
    Me and a friend were debating would you sacrifice an arm (of your choice) for a million dollars cash?
    There are no strings attached to money. An arm for a million dollars, that's it.
    Would you take the deal? Thoughts?
    Don't see how you can have a debate on this. Someone who'd trade an arm for cash is overcompensating for something.

This is like the chop your balls off for longer life thread, and just as insane. $1m is nothing to deal with what you have to go through when you no longer have 2 arms.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10 million yes, a million no.

arm, 1 million, seems like a lot, but you can't really "live the life" with just a million dollars. Plus I think having both my arms is really important.

Deleted
    I wouldn't sell any of my arms for all the money in the world. Unless I could buy some super enhanced cybernetic arm for all the money

only a fool change an arm for money

10+ Year Old Account
    I play guitar and fap with my arms. Much better uses than $1M.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, 1 million dollars isn't even that hard to make. Note I am not saying I, personally, will ever be smart enough to do it, but these days that's within the realm of "feasible with effort and planning".

Replacing an arm is not.

10+ Year Old Account
    How much is a fully functional robotic arm? I bet more than that. Then again, not before I'm so old I'm literally falling apart.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uhh yeah, no. You couldn't find enough money/ wealth in the world to make me want to give up an arm, let alone anything on my person.

Which arm? i could get by on one arm and everyone is acting like you cant invest the money to make more. It takes money to make money and if it was my left arm then I'd seriously think about it. Probably not because I've thought about removing my right ankle which is almost beyond repair, but I heard from someone I know that the phantom pains can be worse than if the appendage is still there. Id still think about it.
    Edit: Didnt vote because there is no maybe

10+ Year Old Account
    $1 million dollars.

I could live with one arm.
    Putin khuliyo

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herkaleez View Post
    Which arm? i could get by on one arm and everyone is acting like you cant invest the money to make more. It takes money to make money and if it was my left arm then I'd seriously think about it. Probably not because I've thought about removing my right ankle which is almost beyond repair, but I heard from someone I know that the phantom pains can be worse than if the appendage is still there. Id still think about it.
    Edit: Didnt vote because there is no maybe
    Yeah, expect if you die from removing said arm, there really isn't a point in obtaining a rather pitiful amount of money given what you're sacrificing, right? Removing a limb is pretty life threatening as is.

Deleted
    A leg maybe as there many ways to help you with walking if you got money, an arm on the other hand can't be replaced yet.

I wonder what's the cost of a good, top-notch, latest technology enhanced artificial limb full of various quality-of-life stuff. Let's call this price 'x'. I'd sell my arm for let's say... 10 * x. Or wait, make it 50 * x.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

10+ Year Old Account
    i would rather keep my arm. 1 million dollars would be nice but i wouldnt trade any body part for any amount of money

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    10 million yes, a million no.
    lol, that reminded me of:
    Man to woman: Would you sleep with me for one million dollars?
    Woman: Sure.
    Man: How about for ten dollars?
    Woman: What do you think I am?
    Man: We've already established what you are. All we're doing is bargaining about price.
    Did you say it on purpose, or you're actually trying to pick a sweet spot for how much your arm is worth?

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol a million...
    Losing the ability to do SOOOOO many things. Losing the enjoyment that comes from those things. Losing the attraction from the opposite sex. Not even remotely close to worth 1 million. I probably wouldn't give an arm for any dollar amount. Possibly for enough to solve most of the world's money related problems but that's about it.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell no.

Now, you can have a finger or a couple toes. But the arm is just too pertinent to the enjoyment of said million dollars. I really can't think of an amount of money I'd make that trade for... yeah, not happening.
    EverQuest, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest II, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Star Wars TOR, Guild Wars 2, Rift.