Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kimjongheal View Post
    I really appreciated the game back in TBC but now i feel it's all about the money.

I may be wrong but the game has kind of lost it's spark. I understand this isn't great feedback but whatever i say you'll do nothing. Everything is so easy to do now, i could have no arms and i could still manage to travel across the entire map in under 2 minutes...no disrespect but its a joke!

I could say so much more but i choose not to! rant over!
    You choose not to say more because, other than uttering the same contrarian tropes and cliches your predecessors have used in similar posts before you, you apparently don't really have anything of substance to say. As pointed out by others here, if the game no longer appeals to you, you can simply just quit. Your subscription payment isn't forced, nor is your continued participation in the game mandatory. A cancelled subscription speaks louder than a dime-a-dozen nostalgic lamentation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Not threadworthy.
    Agreed.

The game hasn't lost it's spark. You have lost the desire to play. Happens to everyone. Now's your time.

I think this game hasn't been this fun and engaging since TBC. I loved LK because of the lore, and I hated Cata because of the lack of good lore. Now, in MoP, the lore is amazing and raiding is more fun than it has been in a long, long time. Not to mention the inc 5.2 with 13 bosses. They are actually putting attention and care into this expac, unlike in Cata where everything felt halfassed, disjointed, and ultimately uninspired.

---------- Post added 2012-12-25 at 08:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbreaker View Post
    Square-Enix. Look at FFXIV and how much that was totally not for money. Haha.

I feel that Blizzard but so much detail and love into WoW and TBC, but after that...they have to dish out so much to accommodate us. So many people complained how long it took to put up expansions and new everything, there isn't that love for it as much. As to were if there was time for detail and etc, it would very well feel like a Blizzard game. Trust me, I feel your pain too. Most people here have brown noses, and some are right, just stop paying and do something else. I've moved on. I love it, no more worrying about WoW. You can have love for the lore, the company, etc...but in the end, it's all a joke.
    I literally facepalmed while reading this. If you honestly in your mind believe MoP doesn't have detail in it, you've got bigger problems.

Also halarious how you've moved on from worrying about WoW.

And yet, here you are.
    Last edited by Servasus; 2012-12-26 at 03:08 AM.

A thing a lot of people need to realize that, the reason things like LFD and LFR had to be made wasn't just because for the hell of it. It's because not many people were doing that content. Otherwise, there'd be almost no reason for them to exist. It wasn't to destruct the community. It was to keep people playing content. Otherwise, that content wouldn't be made anymore.

I don't think how fast you can fly across the map is a good way to tell how good of a game it is.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    For me it feels like its not Blizzard thats making the choices for the game anymore, but rather the players that play it. We wanted a new Ulduar, we get one in 5.2. We wanted TBC 5-man difficulty back, we got it in Cata. We complained it was too hard, we got easier 5-mans in MoP. We wanted playable pandaren (apparently), and guess what, we get an entire expansion focussing on them.
    I'm sorry but no. Not only no, hell fucking no. That one aspect, that one bullshit promise or claim by blizzard is why I quit so quickly into Cata in the first place. Difficulty was extremely absent in Cata 5 mans compared to TBC, for better or worse. The best claim one could even remotely make is that until you were at the right ilvl 333 or your pug didn't suck, you needed to CC a grand total of 1 mob on two different pulls if that and even then only in Throne. I don't know of a single other difficulty or hard mechanic in both normal and heroic. If that's what people "think" made TBC 5 mans difficult then they obviously never fucking did them at time of relevance.

No offense, but I stopped at "TBC"

the only person to blame for the state that WoW is in is Ghostcrawler and the terrible decisions he makes to change the game. We need to find him and string him up, hold him hostage until Blizz meets all our demands about how WoW should really be!!! Or just cut off his hands, his tongue, and gouge his eyes out so he can never dev again!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by alltheydoisdance View Post
    the only person to blame for the state that WoW is in is Ghostcrawler and the terrible decisions he makes to change the game. We need to find him and string him up, hold him hostage until Blizz meets all our demands about how WoW should really be!!! Or just cut off his hands, his tongue, and gouge his eyes out so he can never dev again!!!!!!
    Wrong. The only person to be blamed can be found in your nearest mirror. More people should have voted with their wallets when it was applicable to do so. They didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    Agreed.

The game hasn't lost it's spark. You have lost the desire to play. Happens to everyone. Now's your time.

I think this game hasn't been this fun and engaging since TBC. I loved LK because of the lore, and I hated Cata because of the lack of good lore. Now, in MoP, the lore is amazing and raiding is more fun than it has been in a long, long time. Not to mention the inc 5.2 with 13 bosses. They are actually putting attention and care into this expac, unlike in Cata where everything felt halfassed, disjointed, and ultimately uninspired.

---------- Post added 2012-12-25 at 08:07 PM ----------

I literally facepalmed while reading this. If you honestly in your mind believe MoP doesn't have detail in it, you've got bigger problems.

Also halarious how you've moved on from worrying about WoW.

And yet, here you are.
    Mmo-champion.com

I figured other MMO categories in the forums weren't related to World of Warcraft. I guess since I am here that everything on this website is World of Warcraft. Yeah I used to be one of those people who really enjoyed WoW lore, then they butchered it. I moved on, figured I'd post a comment here because I happened to browse. I really shouldn't have to explain myself. But you expect it. So why not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    Did this seriously need its own thread?
    Indeed, sir, you are not satisfied with the product. Stop giving it money. Or email them. Many will agree with you, many others will disagree.

It doesn't lend itself to conductive discussion because this is all pure opinion.

Do the prior 2 things I listed instead of having a whine in a public domain. I really can't get behind people who would rather sit in a nettle bush and moan about it rather than get out of the bush and tell the owner of the bush that it should maybe be cut or have a warning sign put in front of it.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    You've been able to do that since flying mounts were introduced, which, if I recall, was in your precious BC.
    An epic flyer wasn't that common until later in TBC. 90% off my server used a 150% one.

Blizzard

What are you doing

Blizzard

Stahp

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Blizzard

What are you doing

Blizzard

Stahp
    Wouldn't surprise me if you get infracted for that...people hate memes on MMO-C.

Quote Originally Posted by kimjongheal View Post
    I really appreciated the game back in TBC but now i feel it's all about the money.

I may be wrong but the game has kind of lost it's spark. I understand this isn't great feedback but whatever i say you'll do nothing. Everything is so easy to do now, i could have no arms and i could still manage to travel across the entire map in under 2 minutes...no disrespect but its a joke!

I could say so much more but i choose not to! rant over!
    You need to get over the past. BC had it's moments like every expansion does. And the reason you've lose the spark is because you're burnt out on the game. It's just not for you anymore. That doesn't mean the game is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    I find it funny... People talk about how hard BC heroics were. BC had 1 hard heroic. 1. Shattered Halls. And really, only the gauntlet proved to be a challenge. Once you had some gear under your belt, it because easier.

This is exactly what happened with Cata if I use your description of it.
    I'd argue no on several fronts.

The trash was generally much tougher and often would require CC depending on your group dynamic and healing. Shaman couldn't heal very well for certain things, Dark Portal being the most obvious one. Both versions of Sethekk Halls required more group work, cc, and attention than anything I've seen in Wrath, Cata, or Mop. MT still probably stands as the most difficult 5 man beyond HoR, and I would debate HoR because I never recall wiping in there beyond the starting trash waves from anything beyond standard healer oom or disconnects.

Perhaps it's just personal opinion and all, but since I did TBC, Wrath, and Cata, and MoP heroics, I still stand behind TBC being the most difficult and several levels above anything that Cata offered.

Hell, I started tanking and completing heroics the same day I hit 85 with zero effort or knowledge of the heroics beyond having doing the normals a few times. The only challenge was the fact that we came off of Wrath were Blizzard was "OMG guies no more mass aoe tanking" and proceeded to make 5 mans which were basically just mass tanking only without anything beyond a DK who could do it at the start before gear capping.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laephis View Post
    I'm mostly disappointed with the destruction of server communities. It seems every change they make for the sake of convenience chips away at the ability to form communities with your server.
    what community my server has always had a shitty one we took assholes with shitty reputations because we had to or not raid. I have never understood why people think things are worse now. The game for me is 100 times more enjoyable for me now than it was in Vanilla, BC, or any other expansion. I can just log in and play I don't have to wait for anyone, be annoyed because someone has made the same error for the 5th time in a row in a raid, I can pretty much do what I want when I want and not be dependent on others to have a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    what community my server has always had a shitty one we took assholes with shitty reputations because we had to or not raid. I have never understood why people think things are worse now. The game for me is 100 times more enjoyable for me now than it was in Vanilla, BC, or any other expansion. I can just log in and play I don't have to wait for anyone, be annoyed because someone has made the same error for the 5th time in a row in a raid, I can pretty much do what I want when I want and not be dependent on others to have a good time.
    That's a very true outlook and one that I don't completely share. I wanted a "guild" in wow as I enjoyed "clans" back in the previous days of gaming. However, I honestly believe that with the decreased barrier of entry to PC gaming came the decreased level of maturity that plagues things like XBLA.

Thus, I sort of agree and share your currently outlook although it hasn't and wont keep me subscribed, I do still lament the loss of the "old school" age of Online Pc gaming.... even if some of it is just nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    3 - traveling the map was never hard.
    Go back in time and try running a character from Undercity to Badlands (The main leveling spot for alts around 40) and tell me that wasnt hard. I feel a game is better off with annoying things in it, thats what makes the feeling of accomplishing things great. Dont get me wrong, getting realm and world firsts are harder than they've ever been but I liked the small community feel of the game back then; it was slower pace and made a lot of the things you do matter.

Ill probably stay subbed to WoW until something significantly better comes out, but Ive been saying it forever. My favorite days of WoW were Vanilla/ BC. It's not rose colored goggles blurring my vision either, because I remember hating so many things about the game back then but once I got through it, it made the feeling so much better. For example, LFD is the single biggest impact to destroying realm communities because I recall leveling alts and I would always bump into recurring people while searching from dungeons to get away from the quest grind and thats where I found some of my closest in-game friends. Most of them have left the game etc, but Im still close to a few from those days and I couldnt imagine something like that happening in the current game format other than joining a guild and making friends, but thats not the same at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Porra View Post
    Go back in time and try running a character from Undercity to Badlands (The main leveling spot for alts around 40) and tell me that wasnt hard. I feel a game is better off with annoying things in it, thats what makes the feeling of accomplishing things great. Dont get me wrong, getting realm and world firsts are harder than they've ever been but I liked the small community feel of the game back then; it was slower pace and made a lot of the things you do matter.

Ill probably stay subbed to WoW until something significantly better comes out, but Ive been saying it forever. My favorite days of WoW were Vanilla/ BC. It's not rose colored goggles blurring my vision either, because I remember hating so many things about the game back then but once I got through it, it made the feeling so much better. For example, LFD is the single biggest impact to destroying realm communities because I recall leveling alts and I would always bump into recurring people while searching from dungeons to get away from the quest grind and thats where I found some of my closest in-game friends. Most of them have left the game etc, but Im still close to a few from those days and I couldnt imagine something like that happening in the current game format other than joining a guild and making friends, but thats not the same at all.
    This is really the biggest "problem" that WoW has and Titan will/could potentially have and what every other wanna be MMO has not tackled.

WoW seemingly have a better server side structure in the first 4 years. I do honestly believe almost fanatically that the implementation to make the game "easier" as in less of a chore to accomplish things also directly ruined any aspect of it being anything more than a Facebook game. I feel more "community" ties to IOS games than I do WoW anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah i quit because it wasn't a MMO. It was a raid with 10 or 25 people, do dalies log off. MMO died.

When a wild forum troll appears