Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    A thing a lot of people need to realize that, the reason things like LFD and LFR had to be made wasn't just because for the hell of it. It's because not many people were doing that content. Otherwise, there'd be almost no reason for them to exist. It wasn't to destruct the community. It was to keep people playing content. Otherwise, that content wouldn't be made anymore.

Thank you for pointing that out. I'm sick of hearing all this babbling about server communities and shit. Why should my choices on who I want to bring to my party or raid be limited to a few thousand players who are either 1) Not online. 2) AFK. 3)Busy doing whatever or 4) Not responding to the million spams for x class for y dungeon or z raid??? My server was full of elitist douche-bags during BC. I was lucky if I was able to get someone from my guild or a pug to join up with me in doing a heroic.

Trust me you would not miss TBC. The amount of things that they've added to change the QoL of this game would have you crying for what WoW is today back. What you're missing is when you first started playing and everything was new too you. This has happened to all of us. I think it may be time for you to find something else too do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricen View Post
    Yeah i quit because it wasn't a MMO. It was a raid with 10 or 25 people, do dalies log off. MMO died.

It's still a MMORPG weather you think so or not.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Doomthulsa View Post
    Thank you for pointing that out. I'm sick of hearing all this babbling about server communities and shit. Why should my choices on who I want to bring to my party or raid be limited to a few thousand players who are either 1) Not online. 2) AFK. 3)Busy doing whatever or 4) Not responding to the million spams for x class for y dungeon or z raid??? My server was full of elitist douche-bags during BC. I was lucky if I was able to get someone from my guild or a pug to join up with me in doing a heroic.
    No one said that it should. However, it is also naive to just assume that the feature didn't also have some unintended negative outcomes because of it too. The system promotes "douche" behavior with zero repercussion and those who played for a lengthy amount of time prior to the final version of the LFD system know this all too well. That being said, I honestly think that any system implemented to correct that would have come at the cost of probably a grand total of 50 player subscriptions (sarcasm).

If we went back to Vanilla WoW, 80% of people would get mad and quit in a day or three.

Why are mounts so expensive, where is LFR / LFG, why can't I get epics, why can't I fly, it takes too long to travel. Nostalgia aside, the game is better now.

Regarding faction / race transfers, at least we can do them. It's necessary to pay or we'd be forced to change all the time for racial bonuses / faction imbalance.

/questions necessity of thread.

If WoW was doing something wrong it'd be dead by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Novar View Post
    Trust me you would not miss TBC. The amount of things that they've added to change the QoL of this game would have you crying for what WoW is today back. What you're missing is when you first started playing and everything was new too you. This has happened to all of us. I think it may be time for you to find something else too do.
    You'd be right if you weren't wrong. I'm still on the fence as to whether or not the absence of sitting down to drink/eat after pulls is a "bad" thing. It certainly is convenient to me the player as far as time goes but like BoA gear it does take a sense of accomplishment away from the game as well. I've honestly not had a "man those guys were tough" feeling for a very very long time. I do think that because everything has a sense of faceroll too it these days, there is a very strong lack of accomplishment feeling.

It seems to have gone from a "man, woo, killed'em" feeling to "man, woo, finally never have to do this again.... fucking rng about time" always feeling because the new challenge, as for a while now, seems to be the RNG not the actual content.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    For the OP, although your general point was correct (albeit briefly made) there is a problem with having a constructive discussion on here about it. That problem being that most of the folks that would agree with you realized this a while back and are long gone from wow, and they are not really on these forums anymore. The people that remain on here enjoy the game in it's current state and will vehemently argue that the game is wonderful now and will decry anyone that says the game was better in the past. That dilemma leads to a lot of these threads that have been going on for the past couple of years. You just aren't going to get a good healthy debate on the topic, because the majority of people left are generally biased in favor of mop-style wow.

My personal opinion is that the game was far better overall back then as far as storylines/lore, difficulty, community, etc. There have definitely been improvements in some areas, but for me the high quality of vanilla/tbc/wotlk is a distant memory. I cancelled quite a while back, I just check-in here once in a great while to see if by chance Blizzard makes changes that might bring the game back more in-line with what it used to be. After what I've seen from Blizzard with wow in the past couple of years, plus the D3 debacle (even SC2 was good but not great) I've concluded that probably won't happen at least until Titan or WoW 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbane View Post
    If we went back to Vanilla WoW, 80% of people would get mad and quit in a day or three.

Why are mounts so expensive, where is LFR / LFG, why can't I get epics, why can't I fly, it takes too long to travel. Nostalgia aside, the game is better now.

Regarding faction / race transfers, at least we can do them. It's necessary to pay or we'd be forced to change all the time for racial bonuses / faction imbalance.

This is extremely subjective on several fronts and lacking in substance. Frankly, Angry Birds and Fruit Ninja have done better at being video games and making sales than WoW has. Does that mean that since they're not dead that they're better?

In reality, when you start looking at markets, WoW has just shifted from one market to another. As a business model/venture goes, it's doing great. As an actual quality product, it's sort of mediocre. But, because it's so "friendly" and more casual than any other MMO, its continues on. Further more, consumer confidence has a huge hand to play in things too.

In short, it's still making money. Doesn't mean the changes are good depending on who you ask, and it doesn't mean that the game is "better" either.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbane View Post

Oh I understand, so you're saying the peak subscriber base wasnt the 12 million toward the end of TBC but the dwindling 10 million now? Okay, I understand your logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wynterlyn View Post
    I think the last two expansions have certainly showed that Blizz is only in it for the money atleast ever since Ghostcrawler has joined the team. I mean some of the steps and things he has introduced is pretty retarded. Guy looks like a freaking retard in his pics.
    While I vehemetly dislike CRZ, what I find more offensive is the personal attacks on Blizzard staff. It's not even necessary, how would you like to be characterized as a petulant, sophomoric malcontent based on what you posted? Wouldn't be fair, would it? If its not fair to draw that kind of conclusion about you, then its not fair to do that to someone else.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    And an expansion about the most famous Demon Hunter leading a demonic army in order to turn the population of the entire "planet" into his slaves didn't seem like something pulled out of their [adhesive medical strips]. Right.
    If you knew anything about lore. You would know most of that story was set up in warcraft 3. Long before they thought of burning crusade.

I won't mention how wrong you are either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kimjongheal View Post
    if its not threadworthy...why comment? great feedback btw
    Sorry, but your thread isn't exactly great feedback on how the game is going as well. Hundreds of posts already exist that mirror your same attitude, but I guarantee you there's more happier people that think the game is fine how it is. I think Blizz will listen to them more than your repetitive, stale and tired-out "great feedback".

Don't know but if I have to play BC again I will problably quit. I can hardly understand people who cry "Blizzard will never be able to create content like BC and Vanilla again cause they suck now!!" because how he fuck you wanna create inferior content? I myslef have played since vanilla but when I think about it with my brain then I think that I can't stand playing it if it is released today. Only thing good about Vanilla was its dungeon design and how new it was. MoP is far better at almost every aspect whether it's questing(questing in BC sucks so hard and BC was the xpac that started this stupid dungeon design we have today.),raiding,amount of content imo.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2012-12-26 at 06:19 AM.

I really appreciated the game back in TBC but now i feel it's all about the money.

I may be wrong but the game has kind of lost it's spark. I understand this isn't great feedback but whatever i say you'll do nothing. Everything is so easy to do now, i could have no arms and i could still manage to travel across the entire map in under 2 minutes...no disrespect but its a joke!

I could say so much more but i choose not to! rant over!
    Sounds like you're simply burned out on the game from playing it too much or too long and now you're under the impression that these little changes had anything to do with why you used to like the game so much. Even with all the changes, the core of what made WOW so enjoyable should still mostly be there, server community, travel time, or not.

TBC introduced the wide open zone designed for flight and took away the feeling of a world to explore that Vanilla offered. Pandaria brought that back. In that sense the game is as good as it's been since vanilla.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

FIND GHOSTCRAWLER AND STRING HIM UP BY HIS EARS, HES TO BLAME FOR WHATS HAPPENED TO WoW. Or play Firefall, a game brought to you by the original dev team of WoW

Quote Originally Posted by alltheydoisdance View Post
    FIND GHOSTCRAWLER AND STRING HIM UP BY HIS EARS, HES TO BLAME FOR WHATS HAPPENED TO WoW. Or play Firefall, a game brought to you by the original dev team of WoW
    If i remember right orginal lead designer of WoW was Rob Pardo and his EQ team....

15+ Year Old Account
    It was BC that first started "killing server communities" with paid server transfers and name changes.

It was BC that added flying mounts and daily quests and multiple flight paths per zone.

It was BC that replaced 40-man raiding with 25-man raiding.

It was during BC that they removed attunements.

These are all things that everyone seems to say were things that made the game special. I remember when there were forum posts just like this one about all of those things, back in 2007, talking about how Blizzard was destroying the game.

And yet, now, everyone seems to say that BC was the best expansion ever.

---------- Post added 2012-12-26 at 07:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by alltheydoisdance View Post
    Calling "Mark Kern" the "original dev team" is extremely inaccurate.

1. Mark Kern is just one guy, not a development team.

2. He was a Team Lead at Blizzard, not an actual hands-on developer or designer. His job was managing people.

3. The other two guys who left Blizzard with him (an art director and the guy who oversaw the launch of WoW in Asia) to found Red 5 Studio have since left his company, which went through layoffs in 2009 before ever having revealed a game.

4. Red 5 Studio is now owned by The9, which is the Chinese company that used to run WoW in mainland China until it botched that and lost the license to NetEase.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing Firefall here. Just saying that advertising it as being from "WoW's original dev team" is highly inaccurate, and, frankly, offering it as an alternative to WoW is also a pretty bad idea, seeing as how it's a futuristic MMOFPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    the game is in its best shape...everyone is enjoying more and more i mean ppl dont want to raid bcuz there tons of stuff to do and raid encounters are really good..please dont complain just for the sake of complaining. mindless humans.

I really appreciated the game back in TBC but now i feel it's all about the money.

I may be wrong but the game has kind of lost it's spark. I understand this isn't great feedback but whatever i say you'll do nothing. Everything is so easy to do now, i could have no arms and i could still manage to travel across the entire map in under 2 minutes...no disrespect but its a joke!

I could say so much more but i choose not to! rant over!

TIL: Traveling across the map used to be a feat.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

This is probably just another flame-bait thread, but what the hell, might as well bite.

"I really appreciated the game back in TBC but now i feel it's all about the money."

It's not nice, fair, or wise to make such bold declarations about a company, even if it's just what you 'feel', if you don't offer any evidence to back it up, or indeed any example at all that you think even suggests it. Blizzard is a business, it's therefor always 'been about the money' in the sense that they are actively trying to make money off the products they sell. However, there's also a genuine desire to provide entertainment to people, themselves included, and I see nothing that suggests that this has diminished over time.

"I may be wrong but the game has kind of lost it's spark. I understand this isn't great feedback but whatever i say you'll do nothing."

If you know it's not 'great feedback', why would you waste your own time making a thread? And about that, not only is this not great feedback, it's hardly feedback at all. You've made vague allusions to problems within the game that seem to be stemming not from a place of objectivity, but rather your own emotional bias. And when you say that we'll "do nothing", what exactly are we meant to do? Even if we agreed with your "points", there's nothing we can do except bring these issues to Blizzard themselves on the official forums, which is what you would and should have done if you actually cared about what you're talking about.

"Everything is so easy to do now, i could have no arms and i could still manage to travel across the entire map in under 2 minutes...no disrespect but its a joke!"

What does that even mean? I'm dumbfounded by how stupid a statement that was. I have to assume you're talking about flying mounts, in which case here's the simple solution: don't use a flying mount. Unless you can't otherwise get to an area without one, stop using an optional tool that exists solely to make traveling faster, and easier. But you claim you played back in TBC when flying mounts were added, so what are you trying to say here? Is it that . . . flying mounts back then were more difficult to obtain? Is Pandaria not big enough for you? I don't get it, these are all personal, subjective issues you have that can be solved by you simply handicapping yourself. But I assume that, of course, you don't want to do that.

"I could say so much more but i choose not to! rant over!"

But then you . . . went on to post more shit in a reply a few min-rhughegh, UGH! Meh, I'm done. 4/10 for making me reply as in-depth as this.
    Last edited by Elementalkin; 2012-12-26 at 08:23 AM.