Page 1 of 2
LastLast

when will they change paladins to be a normal class?

i was in LFD the other day with my DK alt, not even a heroic ...just lvl 87 dungeon, and the tank was a paladin probably leveling up as a tank via LFD like many others...no problem there ,
    the problem started when he just needed on every drop he could out of those bosses, i know its nothing, only but a leveling up dungeon but man...you dont have to be a pig ,
    he needed and won an ilvl 410 dps plate legs when as a tank he had 419 (is he realy going to use that even if he is leveling as a tank spec?)
    then he needed and won on a tanking gloves .
    and then
    he needed and won on a pure INT cape...
    and no matter how many times we tried to talk to him, he just kept silence...

now i know many of you would say now "shit happens, move on, Q for another LFD or keep on questing" which is fine,
    but my question is , why on earth blizz after all these years there is a class running around with its own uniqe gear (int plate) that can need , and does it alot, on all other variations of plate gear (dps/tank plate without any int ment for warriors DKs) pluse now can need on int capes ...do you know how many classes "suffer" from this?

this guy just ignited my old time hatred for paladins ever since 1.0

ppl maybe dont remember this but paladins have been around since 1.0 and have been treated as royalties ever since:
    starting with their own uniqe gear and continuing with their abilitys designed to give them a solution for every situation exist in game , back then when most of the classes had like 3 main abilitys - the paladin class resembled more of a hero class rather than a normal class .
    you just couldnt kill them..they didnt die in PVP/PVE...a pure hero class..

fix this damn thing....

I really don't get what you are asking for seeing as you stated you disliked a paladin in a random, int on plate gear, and paladins way back at the start of wow.

i really dont think there is another class in wow like the paladin class that has its own uniqe gear designed for them solely and they need on all other variations of plate gear out there with an addition now of int capes...

ask anyone from 1.0 who didnt play a paladin, what do they think about paladins since 1.0

10+ Year Old Account
    Shamans have Int/Spirit mail, that Hunters can't use.
    Druids, up until Mists of Pandaria, had Spirit Leather, that Rogues couldn't use. Now Mistweaver Monks can, but that's one spec.
    Priests have Spirit cloth that Mages and Warlocks can't use (at least, not ones that aren't ignorant.)

Your point is invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Shamans have Int/Spirit mail, that Hunters can't use.
    Druids, up until Mists of Pandaria, had Spirit Leather, that Rogues couldn't use. Now Mistweaver Monks can, but that's one spec.
    Priests have Spirit cloth that Mages and Warlocks can't use (at least, not ones that aren't ignorant.)

Your point is invalid.
    i dont think you really got my point....

Deleted
    Well we paladins are special so just give it up, we will always be better than you.

Jokes mode off.

QQing on a random is not good for your heart, let it go.

You shouldnt judge a dick by his clothes but whats inside ( means a dick can be behind every class, not just paladins ).

So one paladin scrub takes all the gear and suddenly all Paladins in general are dicks? And why are you even referring to 1.0 as though nothing has changed up to 5.1?

I'm confused. Incredibly so.

10+ Year Old Account
    First, dps stats are now good for tanks. Expect to see tanks needing on dps-itemized stuff now that active mitigation is in place. For example, Paladin tanks are supposed to cap hit and expertise, their 2 best stats before their respective caps. Also, he was given the option to need. How this has anything to do with Paladins, I do not know. Replace Monk or Druid with Paladin in your post and it still makes just as little sense as it does now.

Second, how do you know he didn't have Holy as his OS? Again, he was given the option to need. He didn't need on a Agi trinket or some shit like that, he needed on gear he could theoretically use. Working as intended, per GC and crew. Complain about them if you wish to change loot drop rules, not about some guy who, for all you (apparently don't) know, was just trying to snag another piece for his developing OS.

Third, Shamans are the only class that uses Mail Intellect, but for some reason I don't see you bitching about them.

Fourth, your incessant bitching about his silence in a dungeon run is retarded. Maybe he didn't speak English, and just decided to move about his day? Even if he did understand you, last I checked, he isn't obligated to respond to you. Sorry if that hurts your self-esteem :/

Fifth,

fix this damn thing....
    I still have no idea what you desire to see fixed. Maybe force people to engage in conversation when running LFD? Or maybe preventing Paladin tanks from needing on gear that, in all likelyhood, is a genuine improvement for them? I have no idea why you would bother posting on MMO-Champion and making you look like such an ass haha.

Sixth, I'd like to officially make a motion to have this thread locked.

---------- Post added 2012-12-26 at 02:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by john duo View Post
    i dont think you really got my point....
    I don't think you had a legitimate one to begin with.
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    Well we paladins are special so just give it up, we will always be better than you.

Jokes mode off.

QQing on a random is not good for your heart, let it go.

You shouldnt judge a dick by his clothes but whats inside ( means a dick can be behind every class, not just paladins ).
    first, i like your reply man
    second, it didnt mean that much... i just wanted to get that point out of my system, even if ppl are dicks - some old things shouldnt be allowd anymore and should be changed.

Deleted
    first, i like your reply man
    second, it didnt mean that much... i just wanted to get that point out of my system, even if ppl are dicks - some old things shouldnt be allowd anymore and should be changed.
    Like what? What shouldn't be allowed? Paladins? A sensitive DK losing gear rolls?

You might want to explain your "point" further - seems to me like there is none except QQ.

Quote Originally Posted by kleinlax21 View Post
    First, dps stats are now good for tanks. Expect to see tanks needing on dps-itemized stuff now that active mitigation is in place. For example, Paladin tanks are supposed to cap hit and expertise, their 2 best stats before their respective caps. Also, he was given the option to need. How this has anything to do with Paladins, I do not know. Replace Monk or Druid with Paladin in your post and it still makes just as little sense as it does now.

Second, how do you know he didn't have Holy as his OS? Again, he was given the option to need. He didn't need on a Agi trinket or some shit like that, he needed on gear he could theoretically use. Working as intended, per GC and crew. Complain about them if you wish to change loot drop rules, not about some guy who, for all you (apparently don't) know, was just trying to snag another piece for his developing OS.

Third, Shamans are the only class that uses Mail Intellect, but for some reason I don't see you bitching about them.

Fourth, your incessant bitching about his silence in a dungeon run is retarded. Maybe he didn't speak English, and just decided to move about his day? Even if he did understand you, last I checked, he isn't obligated to respond to you. Sorry if that hurts your self-esteem :/

Fifth,

I still have no idea what you desire to see fixed. Maybe force people to engage in conversation when running LFD? Or maybe preventing Paladin tanks from needing on gear that, in all likelyhood, is a genuine improvement for them? I have no idea why you would bother posting on MMO-Champion and making you look like such an ass haha.

Sixth, I'd like to officially make a motion to have this thread locked.

---------- Post added 2012-12-26 at 02:29 AM ----------

I don't think you had a legitimate one to begin with.
    the fact that you can need on an item doesnt mean you really have too, esp on a low ilvl out of spec gear,
    if you Q as a tank , need on tank gear , esp when leveling up cause else you will never use that, and the other guy who can- has just wasted 20min Q and another 20 for this run, a caster dps / healer and a dps DK just lost some good upgrades to a guy who will probably never use that gear and will keep on instant Q as a pali tank untill he is max lvl.

there is somthing called courtesy and if ppl act like dicks its blizz job to fix it . (not allow one class to need on so many others')

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you know this guy doesn't level as Ret, and simply queues as Prot for short queues?

And you do realize - and it was said in this thread already - that every stat except for Crit is fantastic for Prot Paladins, right?
    That gear, even though it may have been of a lower item level than what he had equipped may have in fact been quite the upgrade for him.

Just because you don't know anything about the class doesn't mean he doesn't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Take a step back, Mages don't use spirit gear now, but in Wrath we did. It boosted crit rating via a talent
    And you call yourself a mage. Sad.
    It was via Molten Armor. Not a talent. Tsk.

OT: your explaining of the point only clarified that it was mere QQ. Too bad for you. Don't cry over losing gear from a leveling instance.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I share the OP's distaste for the existence of int plate, I'm going to be constructive about my suggestions. There are two solutions, to my mind. Either:

- Change the armor type of spell plate to spell mail, changing the Armor Specialization for Holy Paladins to a mail based one. While this would be the first instance of intended armor type variation within a specialization (yes yes, I remember clothadins), it frees up a potential drop slot to benefit two other specs (Elemental and Restoration Shamans).
    - Change another spec to be able to use spell plate. The easiest I can think of would be Unholy and/or Frost Death Knights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Take a step back, Mages don't use spirit gear now, but in Wrath we did. It boosted crit rating via a talent

And as a side note, it's an interesting thing you bring up here.

2 Classes of shaman roll on int/spirit gear so there is actually competition there.
    Same with druids (Resto and Boomkin) and now Mistweavers
    Priests... well, all three specs could be in competition for gear.

What the OP is saying is that Int Plate is exclusively for Holy Paladins. No other spec (not even other Paladin specs) roll on int plate gear. Not that I know why I am bringing this up, I am just lurking in this particular thread... sipping on my tasty sodastream beverage ^_^
    I understand that, and Demonology Warlocks used to roll on Spirit gear as well, because it improved Demonic Pact's efficacy.

But this isn't Wrath of the Lich King anymore, and these haven't been true since 4.0 hit a number of years ago.

While it is true that two specs of Shaman roll on the int/spirit gear (not two classes), it's still gear that is designed for a single class.
    It doesn't matter that there are two specs that can use it.

The same applies to Spirit cloth; while three specs can use it, it is designed for Priests and Priests only; and only ignorant Warlocks or Mages would even consider using it.

10+ Year Old Account
    the fact that you can need on an item doesnt mean you really have too, esp on a low ilvl out of spec gear,
    if you Q as a tank , need on tank gear , esp when leveling up cause else you will never use that, and the other guy who can- has just wasted 20min Q and another 20 for this run, a caster dps / healer and a dps DK just lost some good upgrades to a guy who will probably never use that gear and will keep on instant Q as a pali tank untill he is max lvl.

there is somthing called courtesy and if ppl act like dicks its blizz job to fix it . (not allow one class to need on so many others')
    You give Death Knights a poor name and perpetuate the stereotype that we are all ignorant and entitled like yourself. Next time you go to complain about something as asinine and petty as this, please leave what class you represent out of it. Thanks.

Also, a 410 iLvL piece of gear with awesome stat itemization will frequently be preferred to a 419 iLvL piece with shit stats. The fact that it was a leg slot item (read: shit tons of secondary stats) means this will be an even more likely occurrence.

Learn about another class's design before you make yourself look like an ass on a public website.
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    While I share the OP's distaste for the existence of int plate, I'm going to be constructive about my suggestions. There are two solutions, to my mind. Either:

- Change the armor type of spell plate to spell mail, changing the Armor Specialization for Holy Paladins to a mail based one. While this would be the first instance of intended armor type variation within a specialization (yes yes, I remember clothadins), it frees up a potential drop slot to benefit two other specs (Elemental and Restoration Shamans).
    - Change another spec to be able to use spell plate. The easiest I can think of would be Unholy and/or Frost Death Knights.
    Blizzard explained the reason your first suggestion will never happen: they want Paladins to look like Paladins, not Shamans.
    (I know I don't want to look like a Shaman!)

You also need to understand that at present - and it has been this way since Wrath - non-healing, non-tier DPS and Tanking plate doesn't match the Paladin gear. Paladins, regardless of spec, need to find healing plate boots, belts, and wrists to complete their set for transmog, or mix and match with DK or Warrior drops, hoping they somehow match.

Blizzard has made it quite clear that getting rid of int plate is not going to happen; they consider it throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

he needed and won on a pure INT cape...
    and no matter how many times we tried to talk to him, he just kept silence...
    If he was needing everything and you all agreed he shouldn't have been and it was that big a deal, why didn't you all vote kick him?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    I understand that, and Demonology Warlocks used to roll on Spirit gear as well, because it improved Demonic Pact's efficacy
    Almost certain that this is false and that Warlocks got SP through spirit via Fel Armor and the Life Tap glyph. All Warlocks, not just Demonology ones. (although there was a talent in Demo (tier 2, every Warlock had it) that increased the SP spirit gave you.).

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    If I see the dice I hit the dice. I'll just vendor or DE it if I don't need it. If you want it that's too bad but I come first. I'm not running your dungeon to gear you up, I'm there to benefit myself.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.