Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Is the following "content" or not?

I've read several responses to threads on the mothership about how Pet battles, Transmog, Pet farming, Achievement farming, general collecting, and the likes are "other things to do" in the game beyond dailies and doing the newest BiS grind. Yet, it also seems to be that if there are arguments towards how decisions are made which make the achievement of some of those goals either too difficult to do or impossible, there really is zero fucks given from Blizzard.

This sort of leads me to believe that this isn't really "content" and really just "features" used as place holders to be used as quick distractions on complainers.

So I'm honestly curious, do you think these things are content or not? Should changes in the game have consideration taken to these things or not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    I've read several responses to threads on the mothership about how Pet battles, Transmog, Pet farming, Achievement farming, general collecting, and the likes are "other things to do" in the game beyond dailies and doing the newest BiS grind. Yet, it also seems to be that if there are arguments towards how decisions are made which make the achievement of some of those goals either too difficult to do or impossible, there really is zero fucks given from Blizzard.

This sort of leads me to believe that this isn't really "content" and really just "features" used as place holders to be used as quick distractions on complainers.

So I'm honestly curious, do you think these things are content or not? Should changes in the game have consideration taken to these things or not?
    Damn it... I'm all out of Tinfoil... Sorry... cant participate in yet another 'lets slam Blizzard' thread.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

If you don't think of it as content, you're probably not the target audience.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    People who knock pet battles are soulless monsters who never played pokemon in their youth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    People who knock pet battles are soulless monsters who never played pokemon in their youth.
    Or digimon.

Or dragon quest.

Anyways yes, this crap didnt deserve another thread .

But we can derail it and talk about pokemon!

Where can i find a working pokemon white/black nds rom in english?

Mine works but pokemons dont get lvls .. quite annoying.

And what about digimon story, is there a translation coming for nds from jp ?

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    If you don't think of it as content, you're probably not the target audience.
    Actually, read the post. It isn't misleading.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    Or digimon.

Or dragon quest.

But we can derail it and talk about pokemon!

Where can i find a working pokemon white/black nds rom in english?

Mine works but pokemons dont get lvls .. quite annoying.

And what about digimon story, is there a translation coming for nds from jp ?
    You can usually find those things with the old google, but I wouldn't know as I personally prefer to buy my DS games as opposed to torrenting them, because the touchpad thing is just a bit weird on an emulator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    I don't know what you or the others in their lack of attention span are bitching about. I'm actually complaining that if Blizzard is going to "call" it content when it's convienet to slam people down for complaining that there isn't "anything to do" beyond their forced dailie grind or BiS grind then shouldn't tweaks to the game which hinder or directly negatively effect this "content" be addressed too?

So is it ACTUAL content or is it just something they use as a shield to throw up as a defense for not being innovative on other fronts? There are lots of statements of how PvP is balanced around 3v3 and Raiding is Balanced around whoever has the loudest voice at the table in dev meetings not wanting their favorite class to be too weak on the dps meters anymore, but shouldn't there be checks and balances around the other stuff too? Doesn't or shouldn't all content have equal support or attention of it's supposed to be that "alternative" to dailies/gear grinding?

If it adds to the game its content.If you don't like it thats fine, they have put a lot of work into MoP and are evening coming close to the next raid already (which looks amazing) but you know, the hip thing is to complain about everything they do now a days.
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrosislol View Post
    If it adds to the game its content.If you don't like it thats fine, they have put a lot of work into MoP and are evening coming close to the next raid already (which looks amazing) but you know, the hip thing is to complain about everything they do now a days.
    The other hip thing is to obviously not read posts and then go off on tangents with extremely poor English.

Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    I absolutely *hated* Pokemon and all that. I tried it, I gave it a shot, and I hated it.

I fucking *LOVE* Pet Battles. Call me a hypocrite, but it's fun. I hope Blizzard includes more such minigames in the future (Mario Kart-type game, please).

If you don't think of it as content, you're either self-entitled, or simply inept at English.

Edit:
    The other hip thing is to obviously not read posts and then go off on tangents with extremely poor English.
    This..is just not a nice thing to do. You shouldn't bash on people for their language skills, but rather on their point. His point was made in the first sentence. It's very clear, and it answers your question directly.
    Last edited by Yoshimiko; 2012-12-26 at 05:49 AM.

Maybe english is my 2nd language way to go off on tangents. I read what you posted. I consider it content as seen in my post.
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    If you don't think of it as content, you're either self-entitled, or simply inept at English.
    So my question to you would be why Blizzard doesn't seem to treat it in the same value as others or even seemingly pay any attention to it beyond the pet battles?

So my question to you would be why Blizzard doesn't seem to treat it in the same value as others or even seemingly pay any attention to it beyond the pet battles?
    They are adressing a lot of issues in 5.2

I don't know what you or the others in their lack of attention span are bitching about. I'm actually complaining that if Blizzard is going to "call" it content when it's convienet to slam people down for complaining that there isn't "anything to do" beyond their forced dailie grind or BiS grind then shouldn't tweaks to the game which hinder or directly negatively effect this "content" be addressed too?

So is it ACTUAL content or is it just something they use as a shield to throw up as a defense for not being innovative on other fronts? There are lots of statements of how PvP is balanced around 3v3 and Raiding is Balanced around whoever has the loudest voice at the table in dev meetings not wanting their favorite class to be too weak on the dps meters anymore, but shouldn't there be checks and balances around the other stuff too? Doesn't or shouldn't all content have equal support or attention of it's supposed to be that "alternative" to dailies/gear grinding?
    It's content, though the people who are bitching dont regard it as content and therefore continue bitching.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

You use "these things" "them" "it" "those" a lot, it's very hard to decipher the meaning of your post, but regardless of what you're referring to, Blizzard allots the time for different activities depending on a) how used they will be, b) how integral they are to the system, c) a 'fun' factor, if you will, and d) whatever the Producer or Head developer demands. Obviously this varies from thing to thing, but generally these teams are fairly small, thus they cannot split their focus on everything at once. Regardless what it is, something will be left behind. Regardless who is making it, something that someone wants will be cut. Everything will be, at least somewhat, unfinished in someones eyes. Thus is the nature of such a massive beast that is Game Design.

More directly? They find whatever it is you're talking about, less important than whatever they are focusing on.

I assume you're talking about the achievement system outside of the Pet battles, in which case I honestly don't understand what the complaint is - as it seems very strong in all aspects of the game. Anyone, EVER, saying an Achievement is too difficult is wrong. Always. Achievements should be earned, not freely handed out. They are optional things to do, not rewards you get for mandatory prerequisites.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post

I assume you're talking about the achievement system outside of the Pet battles, in which case I honestly don't understand what the complaint is - as it seems very strong in all aspects of the game. Anyone, EVER, saying an Achievement is too difficult is wrong. Always. Achievements should be earned, not freely handed out. They are optional things to do, not rewards you get for mandatory prerequisites.
    In pokemon you had to buy multiple games to get them all, battle pets has it easy

Something like pet battles is content.
    Hunting for a pet or achievement where you do something specific and extra in the game that would not otherwise be there if not for the associated reward, is content. (the Kael'thas boss fight for the raid is content, farming Kael'thas during MoP for the phoenix mount is not 'content')
    Doing an achievement that consists of repeating other content is not[the achievement in question] content in and of itself.
    Killing a boss or several mobs to farm a pet is not content. The boss and the killed mobs ARE content, but killing them for the pet is not. It's adding an incentive to old content to motivate people to do it, and as such occupy them, without having to actually develop anything.

It kinda depends what you're looking at as 'content' though. Are you talking about things blizzard actually develops for you to do, or are we talking about any incentivized action in the game? I typed the above considering 'content' to be things that blizzard actually develops for the player to do and often be rewarded by, not incentives added to already made content to squeeze extra use out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arewn View Post
    Something like pet battles is content.
    Hunting for a pet or achievement where you do something specific and extra in the game that would not otherwise be there if not for the associated reward, is content. (the Kael'thas boss fight for the raid is content, farming Kael'thas during MoP for the phoenix mount is not 'content')
    Doing an achievement that consists of repeating other content is not[the achievement in question] content in and of itself.
    Killing a boss or several mobs to farm a pet is not content. The boss and the killed mobs ARE content, but killing them for the pet is not. It's adding an incentive to old content to motivate people to do it, and as such occupy them, without having to actually develop anything.

It kinda depends what you're looking at as 'content' though. Are you talking about things blizzard actually develops for you to do, or are we talking about any incentivized action in the game? I typed the above considering 'content' to be things that blizzard actually develops for the player to do and often be rewarded by, not incentives added to already made content to squeeze extra use out of it.
    This is what I was talking about.

What seems odd to me is that according to Blue posts, farming Mounts IS content or at least they use diction which does not separate the difference between the content of mount farming and the content of raiding beyond "Raiding" and "farming Mounts."

So what I'm left to assume, as I posted originally, is that there are "features" which are used as "content" only when they are seemingly being "dodgy" because it is Blizzard who is using it in the same context.