Angry Brand new PC from Cyberpower with issues! Help!

Build:
    -1TB SATA III 7200 RPM 3.5" Hard Drive
    -Patriot Viper III 4GB 1866 MHZ Memory
    -Asetek 510LC 120MM Watercooler
    -Case Fan 120MM
    -Raidmax Viper Gaming Mid-Tower Case w/ Windows (No Power)
    -Blue Cathod Light 12
    -Black Samsung 24X DVDRW
    -12 In One Internal Card Reader
    -Asus M5A97 LE AM970A AM3+ USB3 SATA 3 MB
    -Corsair CMPSU-600 CX V2 Power Supply
    -AMD Radeon 7870 2GB DDR5 PCI-E 3.0
    -Linksys WMP600N IEEE 802.11B/G/N Wireless-N with Dual Band PCI
    -Windows 8 Lisence
    -Windows 8 COA
    -Windows 8 64-BIT
    -Onboard 7.1 Sound
    AMD FX-8120 3.1GHZ Retail

(Straight from the invoice)

-Hey guys. So I unboxed my new desktop today and went to set all the peripherals up before booting up the computer for the first time. Unfortunately, I initially had trouble because upon booting up the computer, it would not read my monitor (using HDMI), Keyboard(Razer Lycosa/AZA USB Keyboard), or mouse(Razer Naga). Everything appeared connected and to not have moved during shipping. I also connected the monitor to my laptop via hdmi cable and it worked perfectly. Later I was able to get the desktop to recognize the keyboard and mouse. However I was forced to use an old VGA cable instead of HDMI for the monitor. When I booted the computer up again, it said that my Windows 8 installation was corrupted. (specifically a system32.exe file). I inserted the recovery disk and noticed that Cyberpower installed 2 of the same Windows 8 OS. Unfortunately neither of them were functional. The recovery disk was ineffective and I am not sure where to go from there. I really would like to see this PC work as I literally just unboxed it today....please help!

-Is there any way to uninstall and reinstall Windows 8 properly?
    -How can I make sure I am running only one version of the OS?
    -What can I do to make my monitor reads the connection to the desktop via HDMI cable?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyndren View Post
    Build:
    -1TB SATA III 7200 RPM 3.5" Hard Drive
    -Patriot Viper III 4GB 1866 MHZ Memory
    -Asetek 510LC 120MM Watercooler
    -Case Fan 120MM
    -Raidmax Viper Gaming Mid-Tower Case w/ Windows (No Power)
    -Blue Cathod Light 12
    -Black Samsung 24X DVDRW
    -12 In One Internal Card Reader
    -Asus M5A97 LE AM970A AM3+ USB3 SATA 3 MB
    -Corsair CMPSU-600 CX V2 Power Supply
    -AMD Radeon 7870 2GB DDR5 PCI-E 3.0
    -Linksys WMP600N IEEE 802.11B/G/N Wireless-N with Dual Band PCI
    -Windows 8 Lisence
    -Windows 8 COA
    -Windows 8 64-BIT
    -Onboard 7.1 Sound
    AMD FX-8120 3.1GHZ Retail

(Straight from the invoice)

-Hey guys. So I unboxed my new desktop today and went to set all the peripherals up before booting up the computer for the first time. Unfortunately, I initially had trouble because upon booting up the computer, it would not read my monitor (using HDMI), Keyboard(Razer Lycosa/AZA USB Keyboard), or mouse(Razer Naga). Everything appeared connected and to not have moved during shipping. I also connected the monitor to my laptop via hdmi cable and it worked perfectly. Later I was able to get the desktop to recognize the keyboard and mouse. However I was forced to use an old VGA cable instead of HDMI for the monitor. When I booted the computer up again, it said that my Windows 8 installation was corrupted. (specifically a system32.exe file). I inserted the recovery disk and noticed that Cyberpower installed 2 of the same Windows 8 OS. Unfortunately neither of them were functional. The recovery disk was ineffective and I am not sure where to go from there. I really would like to see this PC work as I literally just unboxed it today....please help!

-Is there any way to uninstall and reinstall Windows 8 properly?
    -How can I make sure I am running only one version of the OS?
    -What can I do to make my monitor reads the connection to the desktop via HDMI cable?
    I would return it to the company you bought it from as defective and get it repaired and also complain regarding the poor quality of the PC you have bought.

I know its annoying (very) but it should come with a warranty, so don't fiddle with it yourself, get the company who you paid to fix it, they should do it free of charge and pay shipping as its brand new.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Sounds like you want to reformat and re partition your drive before doing anything about your monitor. I know there are some boot CDs such as hirens boot disc that will allow you to re-partition and format sectors without much trouble. Or, if you are familiar with linux, i would suggest installing it first, as it has some very nice easy gui friendly re partition tools. I would look for other replies to see what the best route is, as your knowledge and comfortability level with this stuff may be different the mine. There also may be a easier way as well. If all else fails, call CyberPowerPC and have them walk you through what is wrong.

Best of Luck!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where you plugging the hdmi cable into your motherboard or your video card? Did you try both? Which one is the VGA plugged into?

I would think the recovery disk is just a normal windows 8 cd (with maybe some injected drivers and programs). You should be able to pop it in and tell you computer to boot from it and do a clean install of windows 8 and formation the other installs.

Quote Originally Posted by TyloBedo View Post
    Where you plugging the hdmi cable into your motherboard or your video card? Did you try both? Which one is the VGA plugged into?

I would think the recovery disk is just a normal windows 8 cd (with maybe some injected drivers and programs). You should be able to pop it in and tell you computer to boot from it and do a clean install of windows 8 and formation the other installs.
    The VGA was plugged into the video card. I'm not sure where the hdmi port is for the motherboard as I only see the video card hdmi port on the back of the system. Odd that I'm having these problems and these pcs are supposed to go through "test phases". Would definitely try the motherboard if I could find out where the port is...I hope its not getting blocked by my case..but that really wouldn't make sense for them to offer you a case that doesn't properly fit the motherboard.

Your board does not support onboard video, that is not the problem. In all honesty you should be sending this PC back, it could be a larger problem than you will want to tackle. It seems that you could have a faulty hard disk. Possibly shipping caused this damage, and there is really not easy way for Cyberpower to address this issue. Shipping is shipping, sometimes you have an amazing driver who cares about what he delivers and sometimes you have Ace Ventura.

If you have a faulty hard disk it means your OS is not properly being read.This means the drivers for your video card and more importantly your video card's HDMI port are not installed. A reformat *could* fix every problem, but im still suggesting you contact them about returning the PC.

If you still want to go through with a reformat you will need to get a hold of a Widows 8 disk. I don't understand why you say the recovery disk did not work, but it sucks that it didn't. If you have a friend with a copy use his disks and activate it using the key that should be placed somewhere on your case or in the documentation that came with the PC.

I ended up speaking with a Cyberpower tech and apparently its my GPU. They claim "it was messed up in shipping" but yet the card was perfectly in place and I even tried reseating it. Waiting on a new GPU now... probably take til next week to get.