Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

WoW will eventually end. What next?

Years will eventually pass and Blizzard will keep creating content. However someday the game will eventually just not be profitable enough and they'll just have to discontinue World of Warcraft. Could be a few years or even a whole another decade, who knows? You'll have your moments shared with guildies and retards, screenshots and videos, unfinished legendary questlines (these would bug me forever), unobtained mounts despite months of farming, achievements left unaccomplished and overrall happy memories along with annoying and funny ones too :P. But that's beside the point. When it does end and if you are still playing, what would you do? Would you start to connect to a private server? Go into depression? (Sadly enough I used to know someone that actually would have) Just continue playing any other games you play as if nothing happened? Spend even more time on these games? Spend more time offline? So the main question is:

What will you do when World of Warcraft comes to an end?

Personally I think I'd try out Everquest (or Evergrind as apparently it's reputation precedes it) or actually progress further with some other random games.

Blizzard will be hoping we all jump ship to Project Titan, their new MMO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Blizzard will be hoping we all jump ship to Project Titan, their new MMO.
    It will fail completely, they'll be forced to devote all their resources back to WoW in less than a year after release.
    About 1.5 years after release they'll close even the last server and give everyone with an active Titan account a 1-year free WoW sub.

Actually WoW is already dead and I'd say for at least several decades will keep this 8 million loyal subscribers. We are going no where WoW is our life now lol
    "Blizzard is not incompetent or stupid and they are not intentionally screwing you over"

Defiantly would be sad moment. Been playing since vanilla and I have made a lot of friends on here. My guildies and I meet up every July for a BBQ. So I guess I would hope that my guild stays intact

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    It will fail completely, they'll be forced to devote all their resources back to WoW in less than a year after release.
    About 1.5 years after release they'll close even the last server and give everyone with an active Titan account a 1-year free WoW sub.
    You don't know, so why post such bullshit?

Quote Originally Posted by Marooned View Post
    Actually WoW is already dead and I'd say for at least several decades will keep this 8 million loyal subscribers. We are going no where WoW is our life now lol
    lol omg no way not this idea again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    That's a little far-fetched. Don't forget that there are so many people who played WoW regularly at least once. I'm pretty sure they - we - will all try Titan and many will stay there.

To be honest i think that wow wont end in next 10 years for sure, reason for that? Simple.. Even if wow go down to like idk 1-2 mil subs it will be still profitable for them to make new content.
    Loved by Few, Hated by Many, Respected by All

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I have heard from the various rumors, Titan is designed to appeal to a different market than what wow is appealed for, Blizzard hopes both can live together without one cannibalizing the other.

I don't see Blizzard killing this franchise anytime soon, wow will continue until the technical limitations start to finally catch up then they might make another RTS to set up "World of Warcraft 2" set god knows how long in the future and go from there.

Make a shitload of screenshots.

I think going outside might be a good idea...
    Whether the world's greatest gnats or the world's greatest heroes, you're still only mortal!

Hard to say really.

For all we know in 5-10 years time there could come some new kind of technology for how MMOs play that will make the current ones kind of bland.

I'd be very surprised if WoW ever became non-profitable. I'm fairly sure there will always be at least a couple million of loyal players.

If it did disappear...meh. I am currently going through real loss, I don't think I'd be anything but sentimental if WoW closed down.

I like how you assume EQ will still be up and running when WoW finally decides to shut down its servers.

Deleted
    Flying cars in 2015, so I'm led to believe.

Maybe WoW2 isn't as bad anymore?

It would require a looooot of new stuff, new classes, new areas, more lore, new races(?). But it would be nice to be closer in terms of damage and health to low level players and zones, and having a 1k crit again could be cool. Going into 6.0 with 1 mill HP each is a bit weird to be honest.

I think I'll try to find a replacement. If it doesn't work out, I'll try this "life" thing people have been talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    Omg dude vanilla was so awesome because I was awesome and other people weren't awesome and it made me happy to be special because it was so awesome and I was happy.
    Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!

Well, i'll make a boatload of screenshots of the coolest places in Azeroth at that time (Who knows how many more expansions will be between now and the end of Azeroth as we know it?), log off for that last time which will be pretty sentimental, i've been playing for close to eight years so far (And once again: who knows how long WoW has left?), and when i've shed my manly single tear, i think i'll go check out that "Real world"-place that people are banging on about, the reviews are pretty good... :P

No it wont, they'll eventually stop working on next content, just applying hot fix's

but it will get less popular, as long as theirs money rolling in from it, they'll keep it up, less server but it will be up

for example, I still play star trek armada 2 online, and that came out in 1995? and thats a friken star trek game

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    No it wont, they'll eventually stop working on next content, just applying hot fix's

but it will get less popular, as long as theirs money rolling in from it, they'll keep it up, less server but it will be up

for example, I still play star trek armada 2 online, and that came out in 1995? and thats a friken star trek game
    Star Trek: Armada II came out in 2001.