Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    That's interesting because the project that I linked...works!
    becuase how you do your project is how every other compay on the planet does theirs amirite!

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    One that blindly believe, and others who doubt.
    Isn't it funny how people who don't see things "your" way are always blind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Maybe there are two types of people.
    Maybe there are more than to types. Maybe there are a lot more than two types.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    becuase how you do your project is how every other compay on the planet does theirs amirite!
    Because if Arcemu receives opcodes and send them and the client acts exactly like it'd act if it was a Blizzard server then they do the same thing.

What's the difference between 3 + 5 and 4 + 4?

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    Yes in this case Blizzards proof that they can't easily make heirlooms to send to other realms would involve letting you (and others like you) to look at their code. Which they won't. So anything that Blizzard says from 8 years ago to 8 years from now will all be lies because in your eyes they can't prove otherwise.

And why do people always have to bring up 'history' stuff. This is a video game. This won't change how the world works or what the world thinks or believes. You're not being asked to believe or not believe in global warming. Don't be all drama.

I also never said that I believe them. I could care less if they make bags bigger or make heirlooms cross realm. If I want to roll on another server I will either A) not have heirlooms or B) transfer a toon with heirlooms. That is a choice that I will willingly make. I'm not being forced to do that nor am I being lied to in order to do that.
    why you are so upset and continue to write in a thread you said is useless. For me I don't find it useless at all and I have read very interesting posts about how that can be fixed or different ideas of how can they implement it, like the achievement way someone mentioned. What I cannot understand is people that being very upset with people who actually add facts and specific information on the table and not only they are upset but they do not provide valid arguments to defend other than personal attacks to people that seem to know about programming and add their knowledge here. Either prove them that they are wrong by providing your own programming facts and knowledge or stop arguing with thin air.

If you want to pay for server transfer while even buy to play games have them for free nowdays is ok. If you also willingly want to pay for "transfer" to carry some boa items, learn that some people consider it as "too much" and they feel like cows being milked with cheap excuses
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    why you are so upset and continue to write in a thread you said is useless. For me I don't find it useless at all and I have read very interesting posts about how that can be fixed or different ideas of how can they implement it, like the achievement way someone mentioned. What I cannot understand is people that being very upset with people who actually add facts and specific information on the table and not only they are upset but they do not provide valid arguments to defend other than personal attacks to people that seem to know about programming and add their knowledge here. Either prove them that they are wrong by providing your own programming facts and knowledge or stop arguing with thin air.

If you want to pay for server transfer while even buy to play games have them for free nowdays is ok. If you also willingly want to pay for "transfer" to carry some boa items, learn that some people consider it as "too much" and they feel like cows being milked with cheap excuses
    I'm not upset at all. While you might find the posts ineteresting, they are utterly useless (just like mine). None of these people work for Blizzard which means that none of these people have any impact on the issue. These people can write a book on coding, and it will be useless to heirlooms. These people could have invented the internet and guess what? Heirloom "problem" not solved. These people have no information on how WoW is coded so therefore all of their ideas hold no merit. They may have ideas on how it is coded or maybe even worked on video games that might be similarly coded but at the end of the day they don't know anything other then what they have experience with, and none of that involves this game specifically.

If I wanted to check out another server to see how it is, I don't need heirlooms. If I wanted to reroll and stay there, then maybe I'd send some heirlooms over. It isn't 'too much'. WoW is still a very cheap form of time sink for the amount of time somebody is able to log on and play. Shelling out 25 bucks a couple times of year (do people really move servers that much anyway?) isn't a big deal. People need to stop being spoiled brats. WoW is a video game; using heirlooms or not using heirlooms isn't going to save the world right?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    I would suggest that maybe they make em like pets and mounts now(maybe tabards as well) and make it so that when we use them we learn them and they can then be activated to say be mailed to that character...Remove their sell price and bam..

Though i'm sure this isn't even HALF as simple as it sounds but yeah.
    That's how they want them to act. A pull down menu on your character sheet. They do not want however, all of your characters to be able to equip the cloth PvE shoulders at the same time. If they made them like pets/mounts each character would have every heirloom at their disposal to use independently. So when they can figure out how to make them act as 1 sum total item this will happen. Or when they figure out how to mal across servers, or when they figure out an account shared stash like in D3.

The consensus is because WoW is old and the engine is simple compared to stuff today, it should be easier to fix/add things or because they have had 10+ years with it it should be easier to fix/add things. This is unfortunately incorrect. As stated earlier, the engine technology from 2000(actually before it is a modified WC3 engine) was not prepared for the demands of today. Each new feature they add the the game means the engine has been modified significantly to accommodate the feature so it works with the game. If WoW was released tomorrow using a modern engine, adding cross server mail might be a simple fix sine it could be easily modified to do so, but not WoWs engine. Even though it is leaps and bound better than what it started out as it is very difficult to add new things to it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghul View Post
    awww, entitled angry dude is angry over his felt entitlement not being granted... lets comfort him with some attention!
    10/10, made my day

Its not that they can't do it. Take heirlooms for example. Remember how all your new toons used to get mailed a pet upon being created? Yeah that could have happened with heirlooms although it is quite the dirty fix. They don't do it because they would rather do something else not that they could not do it if they wanted to.

Deleted
    Glad to see this thread derailed so far now.

There are some extremely ignorant "programmers" in this thread.

All I will say to you is I 100% guarantee you have ZERO understanding of WoW's infrastructure and development process, linking github really? psudeo sql really? your that naive?

I am not (and never have been) saying that cross server heirlooms was impossible, as a developer my favourite comment to the BAs I work with is "anything is possible given enough time" it is all a question of priorities.

But you people are making it sound like 2 lines of code, you acting like you can 100% guarantee me that that there is not a technical reason why its not 2 lines of code, are you 100% confident that Blizzard is lying to you?

Maybe just maybe there is a chance that there is a reason that the All Mighty Zeus Of Developers that we have posting in this thread might not understand, time to leave them to their own little fantasy world I guess!

Shame to see people so blinded by hate.

I don't know why they are not doing it but I do know they are full of crap . a BOA gear item is no more technical then having BOA mounts ...so tell us another one blizz

I get that it might not be easy to get heirlooms to cross realm but this is something that has been discussed since WOTLK and if it's even remotely possible to do (which i'm sure it is) it should have been done by now. People have been asking for this for about 3 years.... It's not like they are building a martian landing vehicle.

You will get chewed out OP. Here for anything blizz does wrong or say wrong , a hundred white knights come to defend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    Glad to see this thread derailed so far now.

There are some extremely ignorant "programmers" in this thread.

All I will say to you is I 100% guarantee you have ZERO understanding of WoW's infrastructure and development process, linking github really? psudeo sql really? your that naive?

I am not (and never have been) saying that cross server heirlooms was impossible, as a developer my favourite comment to the BAs I work with is "anything is possible given enough time" it is all a question of priorities.

But you people are making it sound like 2 lines of code, you acting like you can 100% guarantee me that that there is not a technical reason why its not 2 lines of code, are you 100% confident that Blizzard is lying to you?

Maybe just maybe there is a chance that there is a reason that the All Mighty Zeus Of Developers that we have posting in this thread might not understand, time to leave them to their own little fantasy world I guess!

Shame to see people so blinded by hate.
    Yes, Blizzard has the best programmers in the world, if one of them dies, nobody else in this world will be able to replace him/her. WoW was developed in C**++^epic, a language that we mortals will never have access.

We, "ignorant programmers" will never know 0.1% of what they know. Actually my dream is to be almost as cool as they are.

Is it what you want to hear?

Quote Originally Posted by igame View Post
    You will get chewed out OP. Here for anything blizz does wrong or say wrong , a hundred white knights come to defend it.
    Maybe you ought to read the topic you are responding to, not just the OP. But yem gotta keep that post count rolling, right?

Quote Originally Posted by thatcrazypenguin View Post
    regarding mailing of heirlooms to other realms the blue response is basically `unlikely it'll be implemented during Mists of Pandaria as there're numerous technical hurdles that need to be overcome first in order to happen.`

How many more things are they going to blame `numerous technical hurdles` as the reason not to do, it seems like its getting like a standard blizzard response to many things, I mean are their staff poorly skilled and trained or something? because it seems to me theres a hell of a lot they blame on `technical hurdles`.....the solution would be to get people who know what they are doing more on the technical side surly? unless such a response is just put out as a `fob you off` excuse as I rather suspect it is.
    omg i just had a brilliant IDEA

try grouping with someone from the server you want to go to, and go to their server using CRZ and try mailing your heirlooms to a toon you have on that server, and since your on their server, maybe that will overlook the issues

There are already systems in place to transfer characters and even entire guilds and by utilising either of these systems you can transfer as many heirlooms as you have. Unfortunately both of these systems cost money and Blizzard seem determined to protect these revenue streams. After over four years of players asking for a system to transfer their heirlooms between servers it would appear that Blizzard are, either, incapable of producing such a system or simply not interested in developing one. I would wager on it being the later, although I would question the wisdom of ignoring such a popular request when they have seen a quarter of their customers leave the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know that Blizzard can do it, and it really isn't a technical limitation. It's basically no different than account-wide pets/mounts. I mean technically, just like a mount an heirloom is just a line of code. It's what the game interprets the line of code doing once it is used that makes it an actual item. Just have the server send data to the recipient server letting it know to add x line of code to x's mailbox, afterwards removing x line of code from x's inventory. It's obviously more complicated than that but they can do it.

No, the real issue is the time vs importance factor. They just don't see it as a priority; to which I might be inclined to agree.

Did you ever work in ANY industry? If you was HR in two companies, you'll come to third with good knowledge of what to expect. Were you architect and planned two buildings? Well, you'll know many details of any 3rd project from the start. A cook and know recipes of 2 national kitchens? Picking up 3rd you'll notice familiar details. Rocket scientist (oh god, isn't that hard or is Blizzard programming still even more hardcore?) and worked on engineering two different shuttles? Well, whatever you do 3rd will still have familiar parts like engine, fuel and you'll still have to work with familiar problem of how to reach space speed and take maximum payload. Now, do you SERIOUSLY want to say to say that programming is some exception just because?

Hint: when programmers change jobs, it doesn't take years for them to get to know a new project.

To answer it precisely, yes, when CM tells me "it is not something that can be realistically developed in a month", I am 100% confident that he either lying or clueless.
    Last edited by rowaasr13; 2012-12-26 at 11:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    Did you ever work in ANY industry? If you was HR in two companies, you'll come to third with good knowledge of what to expect. Were you architect and planned two buildings? Well, you'll know many details of any 3rd project from the start. A cook and know recipes of 2 national kitchens? Picking up 3rd you'll notice familiar details. Rocket scientist (oh god, isn't that hard or is Blizzard programming still even more hardcore?) and worked on engineering two different shuttles? Well, whatever you do 3rd will still have familiar parts like engine, fuel and you'll still have to work with familiar problem of how to reach space speed and take maximum payload. Now, do you SERIOUSLY want to say to say that programming is some exception just because?

Hint: when programmers change jobs, it doesn't take years for them to get to know a new project.

To answer it precisely, yes, when CM tells me "it is not something that can be realistically developed in a month", I am 100% confident that he either lying or clueless.
    You are saying "I am a developer I could walk into Blizzard and Implement Cross Realm Heirlooms in 1 week with no knowledge of your systems and infrastructure, system and infrastructure are the same everywhere"

I am saying "Infrastructure in particular is different from company to company I think there might be some technical issue that I don't understand."

Do you not see how I am saying "maybe there is an issue" but you are saying "there is 100% not an issue code is code, infrastructure is infrastructure".

Don't you think I am being reasonable?

You are saying "I am a developer I could walk into Blizzard and Implement Cross Realm Heirlooms in 1 week with no knowledge of your systems and infrastructure, system and infrastructure are the same everywhere"

I am saying "Infrastructure in particular is different from company to company I think there might be some technical issue that I don't understand."

Do you not see how I am saying "maybe there is an issue" but you are saying "there is 100% not an issue code is code, infrastructure is infrastructure".

Don't you think I am being reasonable?
    Thats why we have a thing called "documentation" so you can see what methods a class has and what they do.