Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
4
12
13
14
  1. #261
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    ...How is that even remotely relevant to my question?
    You don't believe Blizz is holding back cross-heirlooms for money.
    So you obviously believe Blizz is honestly having a hard time implementing the feature.
    Unless there's another wild crazy theory I'm not aware of...

  2. #262
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    You don't believe Blizz is holding back cross-heirlooms for money.
    So you obviously believe Blizz is honestly having a hard time implementing the feature.
    Unless there's another wild crazy theory I'm not aware of...
    You could always read the first 13 pages of this thread for an answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

  3. #263
    Quote Originally Posted by sqicychiqotles View Post
    You could always read the first 13 pages of this thread for an answer.
    Or you could detect my sarcasm?

  4. #264
    Quote Originally Posted by Salech View Post
    but Cross Realm Zones wasn't technical limited?, i see, only sending an item is hard to do. what about Real ID, they said that was impossible too (well almost impossible) they made that too, i really can't see how sending an item is more technical than those 2 i just mentioned.
    Cross realm was already in battlegrounds and dungeons, they really just expanded that
    You cannot trust, nor take seriously, an adult male without facial hair.Boys have no facial hair and boys are not men.
    ╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

  5. #265
    The Lightbringer TEHPALLYTANK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Texas(I wish it were CO)
    Posts
    3,421
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    You don't believe Blizz is holding back cross-heirlooms for money.
    So you obviously believe Blizz is honestly having a hard time implementing the feature.
    Unless there's another wild crazy theory I'm not aware of...
    Don't assume there can only be two possible answers, that is narrow-minded in the extreme. I'm not one for having wild or crazy theories so please don't assume one is part of my reasoning. I believe blizzard is capable of creating and implementing such a system. I believe that the number of people who use the server transfer feature SOLELY for the purpose of getting heirlooms across servers are such an insignificant part of the people who use the system that blizzard would not be able to even find a noticeable difference in their profits from server transfers.

    So please stop projecting your paranoia onto me, you can keep your tinfoil hats I really don't want one.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2012-12-30 at 11:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

  6. #266
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Don't assume there can only be two possible answers, that is narrow-minded in the extreme. I'm not one for having wild or crazy theories so please don't assume one is part of my reasoning. I believe blizzard is capable of creating and implementing such a system. I believe that the number of people who use the server transfer feature SOLELY for the purpose of getting heirlooms across servers are such an insignificant part of the people who use the system that blizzard would not be able to even find a noticeable difference in their profits from server transfers.

    So please stop projecting your paranoia onto me, you can keep your tinfoil hats I really don't want one.
    You're hilariously ironic,you're basically affirming my original claim,that Blizzard is holding it back for money.
    Tell me more about how paranoid I am and how great you are.derp

  7. #267
    Quote Originally Posted by Keilith View Post
    See I would understand that except they said technical hurdles. They wont be honest and say either

    A) We dont wanna we are focused on other things

    B) We would rather you load your heirlooms on an alt and pay for a transfer.



    See with current system in place CRZ, Account achivements, battle pets, and many things that use the entire account is it really a technical hurdle to add in a Heirloom bank or drop down menu? Load an heirloom onto it and nothing else.


    (Edit post)

    They do have the tech btw D3 your stash, set, match, game.
    and you think you could just past the text into the WoW code and it works?? thats like saying a if i put a airplain engine in my car my car can fly. because it works on a airplain...

  8. #268
    The Lightbringer TEHPALLYTANK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Texas(I wish it were CO)
    Posts
    3,421
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    You're hilariously ironic,you're basically affirming my original claim,that Blizzard is holding it back for money.
    Tell me more about how paranoid I am and how great you are.derp
    I believe Blizzard is NOT holding it back for money from server transfers, which is what I quite clearly stated. I am dismissing your original claim by providing reasoning as to why it is illogical to consider money being the issue in this situation. In essence I am arguing against you, I don't arbitrarily say your argument is invalid. I provide reasoning that shows your argument to be invalid. Your argument (as I understand it) is as follows "Blizzard refuses to implement a system that allows you access to BoAs to any character on your battle.net account because they would lose a significant amount of money from server transfers". Please correct me if my understanding of your argument is flawed.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2013-01-01 at 12:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

  9. #269
    Epic! Issalice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Area 52 US
    Posts
    1,706
    Quote Originally Posted by jmacphee9 View Post
    as someone who is in programming, these two things are completely seperate. the reason these are different is because every piece of gear in game is accounted for and not just "created" they are purchased or dropped from a random loot table. i suspect the main reason it hasnt been implemented yet has to do with it opening up a form of item duping, because the way the game sees it your item is being duplicated. im no where near experienced in it enough to know for sure though. another reason is im sure blizz hasnt appointed the resources(man-power) to getting this done.
    You said this perfectly. It isn't as simple as everyone might think it is. There are always a ton of features we as players want implemented, unfortunately these all take time. Time figuring out how to make the changes, testing it, how will it change game play? Is it feasible, etc. Blizz needs to go down the list and choose which are possible now, and which they need to postpone so they can focus on more pressing issues. I would love to be able to send my heirlooms cross realm, but I know it takes a bit of work and am willing wait.

  10. #270
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    I believe Blizzard is NOT holding it back for money, which is what I quite clearly stated. I am dismissing your original claim by providing reasoning as to why it is illogical to consider money being the issue in this situation.
    What reason are they holding it back for then? It has been over four years of players constantly requesting this feature during which time they have managed to develop a system to transfer entire guilds from one realm to another. They have, also in this time, developed expansions based on players supposedly wanting the old world redone, although I know no one that wanted this change and do not recall seeing one forum thread requesting it, and another based on players wanting a whole expansion based on Pandarian despite the majority of them having not played WC3 or even got to the bonus part when Chen Stoutstorm is.

    I'm not saying that no one wanted these ideas but I'm willing to bet if you were to look through the official forums as well as those of fan sites the desire for cross realm heirlooms would far out weigh those for guild transfers, a revamped old world or, even, Pandaria.

    I would imagine that developing a cross realm heirloom system is much less work than an expansion so why are they unable to provide, us, the players with something most of us want?

  11. #271
    The Lightbringer TEHPALLYTANK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Texas(I wish it were CO)
    Posts
    3,421
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    What reason are they holding it back for then? It has been over four years of players constantly requesting this feature during which time they have managed to develop a system to transfer entire guilds from one realm to another. They have, also in this time, developed expansions based on players supposedly wanting the old world redone, although I know no one that wanted this change and do not recall seeing one forum thread requesting it, and another based on players wanting a whole expansion based on Pandarian despite the majority of them having not played WC3 or even got to the bonus part when Chen Stoutstorm is.

    I'm not saying that no one wanted these ideas but I'm willing to bet if you were to look through the official forums as well as those of fan sites the desire for cross realm heirlooms would far out weigh those for guild transfers, a revamped old world or, even, Pandaria.

    I would imagine that developing a cross realm heirloom system is much less work than an expansion so why are they unable to provide, us, the players with something most of us want?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias
    You are dismissing information that does not agree with your argument and using false assumptions as a basis for it. The anecdotal evidence you provided is near useless due to it being a miniscule sample size. You are assuming the majority of players do visit and post on the forums, that is false. You are assuming that the majority agrees with you on wanting the ability to mail heirlooms cross servers, you do not have the information necessary to make such a statement with certitude or have not provided such information if you do possess it.

    As I have stated multiple times I believe they have other projects to work on that are much higher priority due to them having higher relevance to a larger number of people and do not wish to detract from those projects for such a minor feature. I am stating my opinion and saying it is such, I am not trying to masquerade an opinion as fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

  12. #272
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias
    You are dismissing information that does not agree with your argument and using false assumptions as a basis for it. The anecdotal evidence you provided is near useless due to it being a miniscule sample size. You are assuming the majority of players do visit and post on the forums, that is false. You are assuming that the majority agrees with you on wanting the ability to mail heirlooms cross servers, you do not have the information necessary to make such a statement with certitude or have not provided such information if you do possess it.

    As I have stated multiple times I believe they have other projects to work on that are much higher priority due to them having higher relevance to a larger number of people and do not wish to detract from those projects for such a minor feature. I am stating my opinion and saying it is such, I am not trying to masquerade an opinion as fact.
    I think you are making a lot of assumptions on my behalf.

    Whilst the majority of players do not visit the forums the topic of cross realm heirlooms is raised enough to assume that this a something the player base would want, it would seem that more people want to send their heirlooms to alts for free than those that want to pay for a guild transfer.

    Of course they have projects that are of a higher priority than sending heirlooms cross realm, a cross realm heirloom feature would impact on the profits from those that character transfer to send heirlooms to their alts. Whilst there are people who are not only willing to pay for this service but to defend it they would be idiots implement a free way to transfer heirloom from realm to realm.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •