Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Horobi View Post
    In addition to all above I find useful Quartz for tracking down cast bars and Grid to have a compact raid frame (for BRs).
    Don't forget to add http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/grid...raiddebuff-mop if you use Grid! Was a great addition to the UI when I was the copy/reflect tank on feng and in general helps to see all the raids debuffs!

I find it easier to just eye-ball it on Feng, he's got very prominent telegraphs on all his moves. But thx for the link.

Addons are for personal preference. Everything you "need" is already there. I personally never saw a need for Omen as a tank. I saw it being nice as a Damage Dealer back before Vengeance but never since. also any debuffs or anything you can see elsewhere already in. The only addons I use are Recount and AtlasLoot. You really don't "need" addons, it's just preference.

Don't see much of a point of threat meters at this point, either. The only time they can be remotely useful is when another tank's just taunted off you and you want to make sure not to overaggro them; but for me it's enough to have the threat value on the tooltip of the target.

My must haves are TMW annnd.. really nothing else, though I do appreciate a plug-in to my Broker bar to show my current AP to stack huge Guards or knowing when to summon Xuen. A boss mod of some sort is useful, as is a nameplate addon that will color the mobs you don't have threat on differently, but I wouldn't call either necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
    Don't see much of a point of threat meters at this point, either. The only time they can be remotely useful is when another tank's just taunted off you and you want to make sure not to overaggro them; but for me it's enough to have the threat value on the tooltip of the target.

My must haves are TMW annnd.. really nothing else, though I do appreciate a plug-in to my Broker bar to show my current AP to stack huge Guards or knowing when to summon Xuen. A boss mod of some sort is useful, as is a nameplate addon that will color the mobs you don't have threat on differently, but I wouldn't call either necessary.
    Bolded part is true. So many times do i see when people post screenshots of their UI they have Omen or some sort of threat meter. I don't see any point in that for a long time now, since they made tank threat 500% and added vengeance. All it does is add take up screen space, CPU and memory usage.

TauntMaster is a must have addon, it shows you a transparent plates with the guys in your group/raid, and when someone take agro over you, it make the plate red. You can customize what spell the addon use to taunt the overagroed NPC when you click the plate with your left button, midle button or right button. Happy New Year!