Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Well hey I don't want to keep on whining about my 2nd (I think) post but I've done heroic Protectors tonight with Murder of Crows. Normally I use Lynx Rush but the random jumps aren't helping with the 2 other protectors up. I tried using Murder of Crows before and after Bestial Wrath and I could not keep my focus up if I used it before the Bestial Wrath. I've compared hasterating of myself and some of the experienced Hunters here and while it is lower, it's not that much lower. Not enough to make the difference at least.

If I had the 4 set bonus I think I would be flat out focus starved during the Bestial Wrath.

I'm not here to complain or whine, or say I'm right and someone else is wrong. I'm merely trying to figure out why I've having focus issues if I use Murder of Crows before the Bestial Wrath. Tehstool and Joyful both know what they are doing so I'm not doubting them being wrong. I just... don't grasp the problem.
    That's where the cobra shots come into play. Refresh SrS and more focus for more pew pew.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    That's where the cobra shots come into play. Refresh SrS and more focus for more pew pew.
    I suppose.
    I'm still in the mindset of casting Cobra during Bestial Wrath causing a random kitten to explode somewhere. And I love kittens. Maybe when I get my 4 set things will feel a bit less weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    I suppose.
    I'm still in the mindset of casting Cobra during Bestial Wrath causing a random kitten to explode somewhere. And I love kittens. Maybe when I get my 4 set things will feel a bit less weird.
    Yeah, because you could just cobra shot after BW without the 4 piece since SrS will still be up. Not sure how you'd go about doing this without the 4 piece.

Deleted
    It's to maintain SrS during BW so you can have it up for the entire duration and the rest of the fight (if the fight allows it) which is a much higher DPET than Arcane Shot. With also no wasted GCDs in the opener.
    Don't SrS update dynamically or when a new CS is fired?

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Don't SrS update dynamically or when a new CS is fired?
    I believe it updates dynamically.

Deleted
    I believe it updates dynamically.
    Just tried it on the dummy now and it updates as soon as it gets refreshed (CS) or re-casted.

Just tried it on the dummy now and it updates as soon as it gets refreshed (CS) or re-casted.
    Ah, I see. I was looking through logs and stuff and forgot about cobra shot refreshing it and stuff in the process so my bad.

So I guess it's kind of dynamic XD
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2012-12-27 at 11:18 PM.

It's to maintain SrS during BW so you can have it up for the entire duration and the rest of the fight (if the fight allows it) which is a much higher DPET than Arcane Shot. With also no wasted GCDs in the opener.
    So why not simply cast SrS? My CoS are > 1 GCD even with RF up.

EDIT: Ah missed the rest of the conversation. If you're having focus issues with the 4 set, yeah, it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by gulder View Post
    So why not simply cast SrS? My CoS are > 1 GCD even with RF up.

EDIT: Ah missed the rest of the conversation. If you're having focus issues with the 4 set, yeah, it makes sense.
    If you recast SrS you lose a GCD, if you use cobra shot you at least get some damage and you refresh SrS while doing that you also get more focus for more arcane shots for the rest of the duration and the next BW rather than being focus starved and having to cobra shot anyway.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2012-12-28 at 12:55 AM.

If you recast SrS you lose a GCD, if you use cobra shot you at least get some damage and you refresh SrS while doing that you also get more focus for more arcane shots for the rest of the duration and the next BW rather than being focus starved and having to cobra shot anyway.
    Well, the GCD is being spent on Imp SS and SrS, so I wouldn't really call it 'lost'. If you weren't going to end with near zero focus, the extra focus you get from a CoS is offset by the 1.3/1.4 cast time of the CoS wasting time you could have spent on an Arcane. Like I said, the only time I would see CoS being necessary during a BW is if you're starved for focus.

Currently, I can't use my 4 set because I have Zorlok's Fizzing thingy and Sword Dancer leggings.... which are higher dps than my RF tier pieces -_-

Deleted
    Currently, I can't use my 4 set because I have Zorlok's Fizzing thingy and Sword Dancer leggings.... which are higher dps than my RF tier pieces -_-
    Ehh... if you play BM, the 4set will most likely be higher dps, I really can't see it not being higher dps.

Ehh... if you play BM, the 4set will most likely be higher dps, I really can't see it not being higher dps.
    You can sim me if you like and check. I did check it for BM too :/

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ulder/advanced

Well, the GCD is being spent on Imp SS and SrS, so I wouldn't really call it 'lost'. If you weren't going to end with near zero focus, the extra focus you get from a CoS is offset by the 1.3/1.4 cast time of the CoS wasting time you could have spent on an Arcane. Like I said, the only time I would see CoS being necessary during a BW is if you're starved for focus.

Imp SS? Improved Serpent Sting? BM doesn't get that sadly. In regards to your 4 piece, I'd take it it is surely a dps increase.

Imp SS? Improved Serpent Sting? BM doesn't get that sadly. In regards to your 4 piece, I'd take it it is surely a dps increase.
    It doesn't? :O

Gah I really need to stop taking things for granted. It really is a wasted GCD then, I concede your point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffocatingsight View Post
    For survival, I recommend you go.
    ES - Main cooldown, get this off ASAP + Hunters mark for the rest of your abilities if you are the only hunter.
    BA - High Dpf and resets ES, you want this up ASAP and you want to apply this as the CD comes available.
    Srs - Inifinite dpf and extremely strong, get this off early in the fight.
    RF - Contrary to Bm, Survival is very focus starved at the start of the fight, use this in prep for the 60 focus drop on Amoc
    DB - Similar to RF you should get this off for AMOC prep.
    GT - Position yourself to have any adds between you and the boss, other than that use this on CD instead of a AS for focus dump.
    ES - by this time ES is off Cd, if it is, use it, if it is not, CS till you can cast both AMOC and ES, this will let you never waste the ES Cd.
    Stampede - high damage, get this off during the last 5-6 seconds of RF.
    AS - Only AS if you have spare 25+ focus, it's good damage and a good dump, but you should always prioritize ES and BA over this.
    BA - Refresh this around this time, Directly after that use readiness.
    ES - After readiness, use ES get that on Cd ASAP for BA procs.
    RF - Again, use this in preparation for AMOC.
    AMOC - once the Dot is finished, reapply this.
    BA - when the dot from the BA you used before readiness has <1 second left, reapply it.
    Continue using ES and BA on cd mixing in cobra shots and arcane shots for focus manipulation.

And use RF during bloodlust, the added haste is amazing. All of this should be done in the first 30 seconds or so of the fight, the rest is really simple in using CDs and managing focus. you can prepot and such if you want. MD is also nice to throw in ~5 seconds before the pull. this opening works out very well for how bad my gear is, and will only get stronger with the more haste and crit you have.
    Apart from the missing AMOC which i assume is popped after first RF, is this right? Recently 'rerolled' hunter, and try to avoid playing SV as i dont like it but will be needed soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...o-be-dethroned
    so hunter is not your main !!!! shame
    ur main is another* class and bm ownd u so hard
    that's make sense

i found out that ur main is shaman :P
    Last edited by Steliios; 2013-01-14 at 05:52 AM. Reason: catching trolls

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
    so hunter is not your main !!!! shame
    ur main is another* class and bm ownd u so hard
    that's make sense

i found out that ur main is shaman :P
    Wat? I got bored of rogue which is actually better than BM and enjoy hunter so was looking for some tips

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamhead223 View Post
    Wat? I got bored of rogue which is actually better than BM and enjoy hunter so was looking for some tips
    nothing wrong with that
    but week ago he was asking for bm nerf and he is shaman its make sense
    there is no true hunter would do that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
    nothing wrong with that
    but week ago he was asking for bm nerf and he is shaman its make sense
    there is no true hunter would do that
    Who? /10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamhead223 View Post
    Who? /10char
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...M-Surv-openers
    same guy
    he can QQ as much as he like but not pretending that he is Hunter i hope u know what i mean he is shaman and bm is annoying him thats all
    sorry iknow my english is poor
    Last edited by Steliios; 2013-01-14 at 11:03 PM.