MB: Asus p8z77 deluxe-i
    CPU: i5 3570K
    RAM: Corsair vengance LP 1600MHZ 2*4GB
    CPU cooler: Corsair Hydro H60
    PSU: Corsair CX430
    GPU: EVGA GTX660 SC
    HDD: WD Caviar Black 2TB

Purpose:

Being able to play AAA titles on my TV in full 1080p at reasonable performance using a wireless Xbox 360 controller. Steam big picture will be the main source of games. Sick of waiting for the new consoles and have decided Steam can rival any new console coming anyway.

I would also like feedback on the build, if I need to change anything and so forth. The Case, HDD and PSU I already own the rest is being shipped tomorrow so if I'm gonna change anything I need to change the orders today. I live in Norway and don't have a real budget on this but I want to keep the cost as low as possible as it is purely meant for gaming on the TV and maybe some light film watching in 3D. 3D being the main reason I went for a geforce card here.

Deleted
    While technically the 336W your chosen PSU can draw is enough I would still recommend a slightly better PSU.

XFX ProSeries Core Edition 550W
    XFX ProSeries Core Edition V2 450W

I would also bump the GPU (if possible) to a 660ti.

You can get some of the money for the better PSU/GPU by buying a cheaper motherboard.

MSI Z77A-G45
    ASUS P8Z77-V LK

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    While technically the 336W your chosen PSU can draw is enough I would still recommend a slightly better PSU.

You can get some of the money for the better PSU/GPU by buying a cheaper motherboard.
    Mini-ITX case, so those boards wont work. PSU on the other hand... CX430 is actually 380W PSU so it's really tight for that, and definitely could use better one instead.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Oh yeah totally missed the ITX case, my bad. Yeah the 336W was I based on being the v2, I need to stop assuming

Deleted
    perhaps a zotac amp card? smaller and slightly better performance? (for 660Ti that is)
    also perhaps an ssd instead of hdd? (or combo?, unless you plan on making a movie database)

Plan was to hook it up to the TV and use it as a console more or less. And also some film watching in 3D.

Good point about the PSU, it might be a wee bit small for this setup, I was just thinking of using it since I have it as a spare/diagnostic PSU. I have been looking at the 660ti but I am not sure how it will affect the cooling of the case since it's so cramped in there when all the parts are installed. I figuered it would be better with a reference cooler that blows the air out the back of the case instead of into it? Are there any 660ti available that blows the air out the back?

Forgot to mention: I have an SSD but it's too small to install games on Samsung 830 128GB so the WD Caviar Black will be running all games, films etc.

There are a lot of other 660tis out there but the one shroudster linked is a few inches shorter than most.
    CPU:i5 4670k@4.3Ghz GPU:Gigabyte GTX760 WF3 Mobo:Asrock Z87E-ITX RAM:8Gb GSkill Ares@1600MhzCase:Atomic Orange Bit Fenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i HDD:1Tb WD Cav Black SSD: Samsung 830 128Gb PSU:Seasonic M2II620 KB:Razer Black Widow Mouse:Razer Naga 2014