Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspex View Post
    How would someone gem at Ilvl 485 ... All out haste in yellow sockets haste/int in red .. or pure int in red haste /int in yellow etc !
    As you said first. Atleast IMO. Go all out for Haste, with 320 haste in yellow and haste/int in red sockets.

Deleted
    I know that's how allot gem in mastery as the weights for mastery x2 are more than int... but I wasn't sure of the haste weights

I recently played with Modoshi in a challenge mode and thought he was pretty pro. I don't get an opportunity to play with good mages often as I raid 10 man. A good wow friend of mine raids in his guild and told me they were doing 10 mans this week because of Christmas. I thought it would be a good time to compare since they usually run 25 mans. I could keep up with him in challenge modes, but I am no where near him in raids.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/244278/

Turns out he rapes the shit out of 10 man heroics, playing a play style that really no one uses. Shake Miracle is an Asian guild, so I refrain from trying to have an indepth theory crafting conversation with him, but here is what I can tell from logs and armory.

He is haste arcane. He uses invocation. He doesn't use scorch or drop stacks with barrage (he used barrage three times on gara'jal but I'd assume that would be alter time x2 + when the boss dies).

It was interesting to me, so I thought I would share it with you all, especially with the impeding RoP/scorch nerfs coming with 5.2.

Deleted
    Hmm dementor is this the right link??

Even though mastery might slightly pull ahead of haste at higher gear levels, haste has a much better quality of life for a mage. With haste, the rotation is more forgiving, you can use frost as an off-spec (which is nice especially if you're trying challenge modes), and you can also use an invocation spec and rotation for heavy movement fights (spirit kings, will, tsulong, etc).

If you try invocation, the rotation is quite different than 6 charge camping. You pretty much just spam AB and use AM on proc until you run out of mana and then you just evocate. It sounds awful but does surprisingly well.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...1berg/advanced

is this who he means?

looks like rop mastery to me
    Last edited by spaace; 2013-01-02 at 08:37 AM.

Modoshi from Illidan is the person he is trying to analyze. Seems to put up big numbers using Invocation with a mainly Haste build.

I cant link WOL or Armory since Im a new poster but you can see pretty big numbers using this kind of gameplay.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...doshi/advanced

That's who he was referencing. I have to say I am incredibly confused by his gemming, and reforging.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/145383/

Those are his guilds logs. He does well, by no means poorly, but what I like about it is that he could be doing better. Good seeing logs from another Invocation style player.

I don't have time today myself but apparently the PTR's up, if anyone wants to find out what a scorchless world feels like

I was going to try out frost this week, but this looks interesting I'll try this too since it's same gems and reforge mostly. As far as 6 stack camping goes I prefer mastery because on anything aoe related you'll be much better off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I don't have time today myself but apparently the PTR's up, if anyone wants to find out what a scorchless world feels like
    It seems like blizz is trying to push arcane back to the burn to 30% into evocate with invocation play style. Blues have stated they don't care for scorch weaving and 6 stack camping.

I think I'll give Invocation a try now so if that is the outcome I wont be caught with my pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

10+ Year Old Account
    tbh, even reforging full mastery doesn't make that a problem... I gem/reforge Mastery > Haste and I can safely go to 6 stacks (sometimes 7 or 8 even), proc two AM's and then be back at 100% to cast AB... no problem whatsoever... no need for Scorch weaving here...
    (At iLvl 487 at the moment (but also worked that way at 485))

stack that haste all the way...

15+ Year Old Account
    3rd week with my new playstyle.

if I had heoric gear (and if we had 25 raiders) it would be easier to rank higher D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    3rd week with my new playstyle.

if I had heoric gear (and if we had 25 raiders) it would be easier to rank higher D:
    Hmmm, what times you guys raid? Curious as I'm on turalyon as well as looking for a more serious raiding guild than the one I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16