Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

[spell] Rain of Arrows

So why did blizzard remove rain of arrows in Wotlk, i loved this spell and it was great and viable aoe! I think we should bring it back.

Deleted
    Because channeled AoEs suck, especially on a mobile class like Hunters. Apart from that it was just a Mage's Blizzard or a Warlock's Rain of Fire with a different skin. If you really want an ability that does almost the same, get Barrage. It has a cooldown but that's just about the only real difference.

I miss the ability because it looked cool. But the mechanics and the spell itself were terrible design and I'm glad the spell is gone.

Deleted
    Do you mean Volley by any chance?

Boring and unfun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Deleted
    I think the idea of it was cool, channeling was gay though.

Quote Originally Posted by Spunkii View Post
    Do you mean Volley by any chance?
    Probably, Rain of arrows was in City of heroes I believe

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawmac View Post
    Probably, Rain of arrows was in City of heroes I believe
    Well to be fair abilities called ''Rain of Arrows'' or ''Arrow Rain'' are in almost every (MMO)RPG with Hunters or Rangers.

inb4listofgameswithout

10+ Year Old Account
    Arrow Rain
    Some stay in
    others feel the pain

Anyway, as someone who farmed way too many Emblems on my Hunter when WOTLK first introduced Random Heroics ... I never want to see Volley again. Ever.

I could get on board with a Destro Warlock-style solution where you just target the area and it rains down, without the channeling effect. But I'm not sure that would really make very much sense. Magical angels raining down arrows from heaven I guess? Go go Huntadin.

Deleted
    i did like that volley and would be usefull for BM now.

the only thing volley was useful for was getting rogues/mages out of stealth after you missed them with flare

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    the only thing volley was useful for was getting rogues/mages out of stealth after you missed them with flare
    I'd like this to return but not be better than multi-shot for this very reason. It's a cool utility and would be awesome for lei shi since we only have our traps =(

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    We should have Volley reintroduced. but it works like two-tap system.
    First you mark the place or a friendly target for arrows to reign over enemies.
    then during AoE fights you click again on the same spell.
    ????
    Profit on a 15s+ CD.
    + is not channeled. The arrows also daze. >=D

Deleted
    Was more thinking something in the lines of that being a level 90 ability instead of Powershot. Without having to channel of course, just something you can plonk down much like say Death and Decay.

Deleted
    i liked the volley it worked tbh. same as blizzard.

After spamming volley a million times in heroics, I don't miss it at all. If they were to bring it back, I'd rather see it with a cd and used to stun or daze rather than an aoe channel spam.

Deleted
    i think having it as a 90 talent that u just place on the floor with CD is more appropiate

Something like this would be nice, so we're not twiddling our thumbs on fights like lei she's hide phase

Deleted
    Reasons to miss it
    - In vanilla gather a complete +arcane cloth set and then enter AV
    - After 7years there's finally a boss where it could be usefull (but still not smart to use it due to focus cost or cooldown that volley would have today)
    Reasons not to miss it
    - Channels/casts on a hunter aren't fun

If we need something like arrows raining again, I would prefer something like Rain of Vengeance from D3. Pop it, pop deterrence and run into 50adds laughing like a maniac.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabin View Post
    Something like this would be nice, so we're not twiddling our thumbs on fights like lei she's hide phase
    this is the only time for me also that i missed it agian.

all other cases i dont miss volley at all anymore, and i prefer multi shot over it.

Deleted
    why did they remove volley and not blizzard / rain of fire ?:P it was kind of tthe same spell T_T