Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    ...Or they should introduce a minor glyph that change the appearance of multishot to became volley ---> win/win
    "staph whinning kid if u dont like pvp go to a potato pve server so u can play against bots" -Armiger

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Motocarota View Post
    ...Or they should introduce a minor glyph that change the appearance of multishot to became volley ---> win/win
    yeah just creates a shower of arrows on the area hitting each target once.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Because channeled AoEs suck, especially on a mobile class like Hunters. Apart from that it was just a Mage's Blizzard or a Warlock's Rain of Fire with a different skin. If you really want an ability that does almost the same, get Barrage. It has a cooldown but that's just about the only real difference.

I miss the ability because it looked cool. But the mechanics and the spell itself were terrible design and I'm glad the spell is gone.
    well they could bring it back slightly corrected, 2 sec cast time, doesn't need to be channeled, basically shamans' earthquake

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    well they could bring it back slightly corrected, 2 sec cast time, doesn't need to be channeled, basically shamans' earthquake
    What's the point?

All this would really add to the game is more buttons, something for Hunters to do in one phase in one boss fight in one raid, and another way to take stealthers out of stealth in PvP. Aside from Barrage's 30 second cooldown Barrage isn't really any different from what you suggested. I would even call it superior in almost every way.

A minor glyph to reduce the AoE of Barrage by a crapload would be more beneficial.

I can't believe people are still talking about this. It's been years, it's over and done with. If you seriously played the class for a single spell you're doing it wrong.

Also, no, stop. Quit asking for more abilities. We have too many damn buttons as it is. We have a targeted ground based AOE, it's called explosive trap. We also have a way to shoot multiple enemies at once, if you really like the whole weapon based AOE thing; that one's called multi-shot. Oh, and barrage, glaive toss, or power shot.

We have everything we need and then some. Volley was boring, required zero skill, and didn't make that much sense to boot. I say good riddance. The rest of you need to seriously move on. It'd dead and it's not coming back.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

I remember them saying they took it out because it seemed unrealistic having a gun/crossbow firing a rain of arrows from the sky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Volley was mostly useful in encounters where people needed to stack(say, to split damage from some mob ability) and then aoe. Think of the trash in the room right before Sindragosa, etc. We had minimum range, so Multi-shot didn't work for that and aside from Explosive Trap, that was our AoE in this situations. Now, we have no min range so we can drop a trap, MS, etc and still be stacked.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Volley was mostly useful in encounters where people needed to stack(say, to split damage from some mob ability) and then aoe. Think of the trash in the room right before Sindragosa, etc. We had minimum range, so Multi-shot didn't work for that and aside from Explosive Trap, that was our AoE in this situations. Now, we have no min range so we can drop a trap, MS, etc and still be stacked.
    Exactly. Another part of it was that they let AOE get really out of hand in Wrath, especially near the end. It was to the point where when you were fighting trash in raids or dungeons, everyone just aoe'd. No CC, no kill order, just spam AOE. And it worked. It worked more efficiently than anything else. And it was BORING. I seriously don't understand why anyone would want volley back.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyph3r View Post
    Exactly. Another part of it was that they let AOE get really out of hand in Wrath, especially near the end. It was to the point where when you were fighting trash in raids or dungeons, everyone just aoe'd. No CC, no kill order, just spam AOE. And it worked. It worked more efficiently than anything else. And it was BORING. I seriously don't understand why anyone would want volley back.
    for trash,

its called trash for a reason shouldnt matter but on bosses we lack inAoE fights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyph3r View Post
    Also, no, stop. Quit asking for more abilities. We have too many damn buttons as it is.
    Tbh, I wouldn't be mad if we got volley, especially now that they've designed a boss ability around ground-targeted AoE....

10+ Year Old Account
    Volley would work sort of neat as, say, a T90 talent replacement. I think the key point is for it to not be channeled or cast.

Preserve the 'Hunter fantasy' by flavor-texting it with something like "You mark an area and call out to hidden allies. Flaming arrows rain down upon all targets in a 10 yard radius of the marked area for X seconds." Kind of like Forgemaster Throngus' Shield mode in Grim Batol.

I also like the idea of having a small army of personal snipers lurking in the shadows. :p

I'm hunter and in every game we get the nerf bat

I was thinking about this yesterday. I wonder if the solution is something along the lines of:
    Glyph of Spray (Major Glyph)
    Multi-Shot no longer requires a target, and instead hits all enemies in a cone 30 yards in front of you

It would work like the Dread Spray ability (adds on Sha of Fear) or Godfrey's pistol barrage. It would help the Lei Shi problem and dealing with trash that the tank isn't pulling out of obscurement effects (trolls after Feng); it wouldn't give us a new button, just replace how another works (I'm thinking the bonus spec abilities for multishot like Serpent Spread are not removed by the glyph, but maybe they would if overpowered).

The only question/concern I have is regarding PVP, and if its existence would either become mandatory or overpowered.
    Last edited by Kalcheus; 2012-12-28 at 02:40 PM. Reason: 'is' not 'it'
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    yeah we kinda need something like this back.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagdude View Post
    I'm hunter and in every game we get the nerf bat
    in other games designers don't even rework classes, so Blizzard isn't that bad as it seems when reading all the forums.

Deleted
    tbh cant see us getting it back at all. i wish we had some sort of stronger AoE as its crap atm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yavania View Post
    tbh cant see us getting it back at all. i wish we had some sort of stronger AoE as its crap atm.
    You're kidding about our AoE right now, right?
    Our AoE is really good as survival and as soon as the AoE cap is in play we go beyond good, to amazing.

And moonkin's horrendous "Hurricane". Yuck.

Deleted
    Way to take a trip down memory lane.. I read the first post and double checked the date to see how long ago it was posted but never mind.. thought it may be a seriously old - bumped post.

I do agree with Motocarota though, could make a glyph showing it "raining" arrows instead of the effect we have now

I remember during vanilla at like level 30? I think it was vanilla or BC I can't remember, there was three hunters and me and we was on the alliance side in WSG and 6 horde ran up the side to get to the roof and we all spammed volley and all the hordies died in a few seconds before reaching the top, it was so cool...