Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Yeah, Noxxic is pretty much crud on the side of my shoe right now.

497 rogue is pulling about 95k on Vizier, but according to Noxxic i should be doing 70? Seems legit.

Not arrogant, just has no patience.

And no, I'm not saying the tweets are fine because they aren't arrogant. They just... aren't arrogant. Wrong word. Sarcastic, condescending, rude, blunt, anything meaning profoundly lacking in customer relations etiquette, etc., but that's not arrogant.

Arrogant means you're full of yourself. He's not talking about himself. He's just being a jerk.

Also, some of the tweets themselves are sarcastic and unnecessarily impolite. In customer service (and yes, he's in "customer service", anyone and everyone who speaks to customers in relation to their business is actively performing a customer service), it would be generally assumed that he would be polite even when the customers (the players) are being rude. But, as the lead game designer of a very successful game and a person who puts up with a lot of crap in general, he finds that he is in a position that allows him to drop the polite customer relations attitude when dealing with his customers.

Why? Who knows, we can only guess.

Is it probably bad for him? Yes. I would say yes.

The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post

And no, I'm not saying the tweets are fine because they aren't arrogant. They just... aren't arrogant. Wrong word. Sarcastic, condescending, rude, blunt, anything meaning profoundly lacking in customer relations etiquette, etc., but that's not arrogant.

Arrogant means you're full of yourself. He's not talking about himself. He's just being a jerk.

Also, some of the tweets themselves are sarcastic and unnecessarily impolite. In customer service (and yes, he's in "customer service", anyone and everyone who speaks to customers in relation to their business is actively performing a customer service), it would be generally assumed that he would be polite even when the customers (the players) are being rude. But, as the lead game designer of a very successful game and a person who puts up with a lot of crap in general, he finds that he is in a position that allows him to drop the polite customer relations attitude when dealing with his customers.

He's not being a jerk.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple https://twitter.com/Aeluron1989

Funny thing about the wow community, it is so consisting of a vast number of self opinionated dickheads who believe themselves greater then the actual devs, it is small wonder why anyone would put up with that.
    GC and the devs might be giving a service, but that doesn't mean they need to take shit from people in there own enviroment.
    Big thanks to Davillage for awesome signature

What are you reading? I'm so confused as to how anyone could read those responses and say they were rude or impolite. He's a saint for answering such retarded questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Funny thing about the wow community, it is so consisting of a vast number of self opinionated dickheads who believe themselves greater then the actual devs, it is small wonder why anyone would put up with that.
    GC and the devs might be giving a service, but that doesn't mean they need to take shit from people in there own enviroment.
    Indeed, good point. That's that then.

He should be praised, 95% of the questions asked on twitter are utterly retarded, and he answers the rest normally
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Something that many people don't consider is that Blizz's online activity is a VERY different form of customer service. They have actually molded it into a marketing buzz. That is the most probable reason that they have thrown the standard form of customer service (i.e. always being nice and polite) out the window. Nobobdy wants to hear "Yes sir, we are trying our best to resolve your issue, blah blah blah".

Think about it. Look at all the discussion and buzz going around about these Twitter responses. Some love them, and some hate them. It creates discussions/arguments, and keeps the forums alive. I hate to admit it, but controversy really does sell. The more people talk about it, the more alive it is. If GC answered all questions in a calm & collective manner, they would mostly be quite boring. However, when he responds with some sarcasm, personality, etc..., all of a sudden there are discussions around it, perople can relate to it, people can hate on it, etc.. Overall, he's drumming up response. That is the benefit of public customer service. You now have a marketing tool. It has become it's own form of entertainment. Heck, some people spend just as much time on the forums as they do in game. So, it keeps their interest in the game even when they aren't playing.

Just something to consider.
    Last edited by yjmark; 2012-12-26 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Something that many people don't consider is that Blizz's online activity is a VERY different form of customer service. They have actually molded it into a marketing buzz. That is the most probable reason that they have thrown the standard form of customer service (i.e. always being nice and polite) out the window. Nobobdy wants to hear "Yes sir, we are trying our best to resolve your issue, blah blah blah".

Think about it. Look at all the discussion and buzz going around about these Twitter responses. Some love them, and some hate them. It creates discussions/arguments, and keeps the forums alive. I hate to admit it, but controversy really does sell. The more people talk about it, the more alive it is. If GC answered all questions in a calm & collective manner, they would mostly be quite boring. However, when he responds with some sarcasm, personality, etc..., all of a sudden there are discussions around it, perople can relate to it, people can hate on it, etc.. Overall, he's drumming up response. That is the benefit of public customer service. You now have a marketing tool. It has become it's own form of entertainment. Heck, some people spend just as much time on the forums as they do in game. So, it keeps their interest in the game even when they aren't playing.

Just something to consider.

More like a negative marketing tool.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple https://twitter.com/Aeluron1989

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    More like a negative marketing tool.
    Considering how a large amount of people on this thread think he did fine, I'd say the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Considering how a large amount of people on this thread think he did fine, I'd say the opposite.
    I know it's fine but some people really need to get told how it is. How they go about it is another matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Truth be told, it appears to me that they respond to the 'dumb' questions simply to get out of answering the trickier ones that actually require a bit more thought and technicality than, "How can I make this question and/or poster look silly?"
    I doubt they're actively trying to avoid answering tricky questions. They probably just can't answer most of the more complicated ones within the twitter character limit.

Quote Originally Posted by chocobo606
    Have any of you ever worked in a call center? Because his job is pretty similar to that... hell. Well, enjoyable job until you have to answer to idiots asking dumb questions.
    Ha ha, tell me about it. I spent 8 years working at a call center and let me tell you, most callers are dumb as ****.

(No, crazy lady. I don't care how hot the guy you just met is. I'm not paging the doctor at 2am so you can get an emergency birth control refill. Call back during office hours.)

When I see the mind numbing stupidity of the questions I don't blame him.

High Overlord
    If you've ever seen Greg Street in interviews or at events or anything like that, I don't see how you could consider him arrogant?! He comes across as a very gentle and intelligent guy. Always smiling and good-humoured, and he's really enthusiastic about his job and the game and the players.

And it's no different in his forum posts and tweets and developer blogs. If you're feeling upset about any of those responses in the OP, then you're hyper-sensitive, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Machomaije View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks GC is being WAY TO ARROGANT when answering tweets? He never really answers the questions either.
    I mean, this is the lead designer of the game, and as we know, hes not doing a very good job. He could be polite atleast.
    I took a look through your post history to see if you have any business calling anyone else out as being arrogant and impolite.

You don't.

GC's tweets are highly entertaining and fine.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

Which one seems arrogant at all?
    Also tell me which one is actually wrong. Except the last one since we don't know that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Most questions are either stupid or require answers OVER 140 chars
    It's the Twitter-issue.
    Ah, missed this the first time round. That makes more sense, I don't think he was being arrogant anyway, I was thinking generally.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I took a look through your post history to see if you have any business calling anyone else out as being arrogant and impolite.

You don't.

GC's tweets are highly entertaining and fine.

I swear I can could see these things ahead of time. I just think people don't like being told they're wrong. Nobody does but at least I don't throw a fit or "I HOPE YOU GET FIRED111"

Really sad to see people wanting others to get fired.

Ah, missed this the first time round. That makes more sense, I don't think he was being arrogant anyway, I just was thinking generally.
    It's hard enough for me to ask questions.

If he didn't answer like that you would make a post saying he is just tiptoeing around this issues. The fact that he answers some of these questions is pretty cool of him. Put your pitchfork down and realize that he is doing and has done an excellent job. He isn't afraid to make big changes, and will own up to mistakes. How many times have you seen him take credit for the 99 percent of the game that you and I consider fun (the stuff that keeps us paying $15 dollars a month)? None.

No he is not in customer relations. See thats the funny thing : People generally hate the PR-talk that the CMs often do and want to speak with a real developer and want to hear the truth but then when they´ll actually talk with a dev and get an answer that they don´t like they complain that he is so direct and didn´t use PR-talk.
    If you want the "we love you all and we will forward all of your ideas" routine then don´t read GCs twitter, read one of the CMs.