Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hasslehoof View Post
    How is that arrogant may I ask? stupid people asking stupid questions get stupid replies from the way I see it.
    No, Stupid people asking stupid questions to a stupid dude that give stupid answers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaris View Post
    I don't see how any of those are arrogant, honestly o.O in most of those cases he's actually answering what the person has asked. Especially:

I agree with other posters though.. imagine having to deal with a bunch of dicks every day, complaining about every aspect of what you do, and god forbid you make a change that would benefit class balance but is a nerf to some classes (dps healing, for example). You'd feel like you couldn't do anything right. Props to GC for dealing with that shit, cause I know I wouldn't want to.
    i agree with this.

i dnt agree with all nerfs/buffs blizzard does. but i have quite some respect that GC is willing too take the job which involves users too fling feces at him the whole time.

Deleted
    it's just normal answers. What did you expect, that blues will agree with everyone because "customer is always right" bullshit?

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    What is arrogant about that?

Let's take an example:

Ret is nerfed in selfhealing.
    -A player claims he is now dying in two seconds.
    -GC asks him if that 20% healing was the thing that kept him alive, because if 20% healing is the difference between doing okay and dying within 2 seconds than you are doing something wrong.
    GC's L2P posts go over so well right? I don't think arrogance is the right word. Snide, condescending or belittling may be of better use in the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Keske View Post
    Anyone claiming he isn't arrogant is either not reading the tweets or lying. Yea he is arrogant, and uses the religion defence for pretty much everything. Is he way to arrogant? No, because if he was he would be reprimanded by Blizzard and forced to stop doing it.
    It's something you have to deal with, if you want to be part of the twitter feedback expect snarky comments based on fantasy.
    It's you and only 2 others who say this. So yeah, I guess we're reading everything just fine...

10+ Year Old Account
    Snide, condescending or belittling may be of better use in the OP.
    Well at some point you have to tell a person that it is WRONG. No matter how you do that, in essence you're the asshole after that.

Most humans out there are unable to admit that they erred and think they lost their face / honor whatever and thus go enrage.

It's stupid. We err all the time. Get used to it, and get used to being told "you're doing it wrong".

He's completely right, and tbh, he knows more about the game than any of us, as much as loads of you like to pretend he knows nothing. He gets paid to do his job for a reason -and for this length of time, for a reason.

I love seeing people pretending they could do a better job or that its easy to find someone who could do a better job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Quote Originally Posted by romara View Post
    GC's L2P posts go over so well right? I don't think arrogance is the right word. Snide, condescending or belittling may be of better use in the OP.
    You only see it this way because you are walking in predisposed to dislike whatever he says. You aren't objective, best is, you can't even see it.

If someone replaced him and his first action was to buff your class you would probably find everything he posts witty and accurate.

If you ask a stupid question what type of answer do you think you'll get? The first one was asking for it and yes I play a mage lol. As for the rest I personally don't care what their tone is whatsoever at least hes talking to us. I didn't see anything wrong with it and if they did decide to be snide so what? Community needs less butt hurt and more constructive criticism.

I'm sure there are plenty of us that could do better with a single class if given the tools but I doubt any of us could run the whole thing as well.
    Last edited by Erolian; 2012-12-26 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woceip View Post
    Most of those questions seem to deserve it. I find it amusing that you're worried about him being short with people in a format designed to be.... short. Also, I'm curious as to what is the 'acceptable arrogance level'.
    I agree, hell the entire reason they use twitter and whatnot is because the media format is not provided by blizzard thus allowing them a little more free speech to tell those whiny little self entitled crybabies off.

Now of course I do agree that the blues do sometimes overstep their bounds on the actual blizzard forums, and their arrogance does sometimes infuriate me but the average userbase does so far more often.

10+ Year Old Account
    Providing people with the answers they setup to see isn't arrogant, it's smart.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

Arrogant?

: Random chance at PvP rewards when winning arena matches/BGs (maybe scaled based on MMR) could be interesting.
    A: Yeah, would just need to avoid making botting more attractive.

What is wrong with this? If they do add random awards to pvp it would only have people botting/exploiting the system to get rewards.

I mean look what happened with tol barad when you got 2k honor from winning. Both factions exploited it by losing on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by romara View Post
    Perhaps people should just learn how to play then, instead of blaming the devs for their own ineptitude?

Deleted
    think those questions was answered perfectly

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machomaije View Post
    and as we know, hes not doing a very good job.
    what do you mean? I love the game, what is he doing wrong? Stupid way to start a 'discussion'... With a biased lie. Go play a different game, you seem to hate this one. GC is doing a great job, or we wouldn't have millions of players and he wouldn't still have this job...

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how many of these questions are actually arrogant, impolite, disrespectful and even outright insulting... Yet, he keeps his cool, and even answers at all.

For the longest time I've always had a complete different view.. The people should feel happy and blessed with the fact that some head cheese of some big company even bothers to communicate with the ordinary customer. Hell, in most businesses of that size, even the shareholders can be happy if anyone talks to them.
    And here we have GC, and others too, that put so much time and efforts into the players.. I mean a somewhat intelligent person can see, that GC or some CMs go way beyond their duty. They clearly dedicate much of their spare time, just to talk to whiners and what not.

There's a whole other view to all of this.....
    If GC and Blizz in general wouldn't spend all that time on trying to answer and please all the whining and bitching, then they would have more time to make the game even better, and let those who don't cry about every second thing, be even more happy.

Generally the approach is rather pragmatic:
    It's a silly game, if you don't like it, if it bothers you so much that you to have to go and approach any responsible person, rather angry and with lack of respect, then you should just quit. Cause anything one hates, or dislikes, any rational person eliminates from their life. Every second spent with it is a second wasted. Keeping it around makes one rather look .... well at least silly.

Deleted
    I think he answered the questions in way they needed answering, sometimes people just need telling they are doing it wrong and sometimes what is seen as a simple solution to a problem could cause problems in other areas (for example the boting comment) people like to think they could do his job easily but you would find if they did it there class would always be the FOTM class as all they want is their own way.

I've seen this game way way more unbalanced than it is now, he is doing a good job, the only thing I would complain about is PVP affects PVE, but unless they made them 2 separate systems that won't change, so it's not really something to complain about as the work to solve it would be massive.

Deleted
    Love the answers.

And he's answering almost every question tweeted to him, props to him.

People whine and tweet stupid thing most of the time, I think he's doing a very good job and its not arrogant at all.

Q: Tweetered you a few days ago, (not nagging but...) please take another look at combustion, it's hardly worth casting anymore.
    A: Off the GCD + free damage... hmmm.
    Don't see a problem here

Q: I enjoy being kiled in 2 sec on my ret paladin,ty for the nerfs they were needed, rets was completely out of control in pvp...
    Imo this is being arrogant... LOL

Q: I did 10 million less damage this week on H Will from chaos wave. Is there anything to compensate this nerf for PVE?
    A: Just curious - why didn't you use Hand of Gul'dan in those instances?
    Just a simple answer. Do you call your teacher arrogant when you forget that * goes first instead of + and then you ask him why does 5+5*5=30 instead of 50 like you thought?

Q: Would it be possible to see a class balance Q&A soon, kind of like you guys did in Cataclysm?
    A: You mean with user questions like the Cover it Live or Reddit we did? Would be fun.
    I don't see a problem here either.

Q: Burst in pvp was stupid, 5.1 added more pvp power but not extra resil. Please do us all a favor and quit your job, ty.
    Should just outright ban this fucker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I like how many of these questions are actually arrogant, impolite, disrespectful and even outright insulting... Yet, he keeps his cool, and even answers at all.

For the longest time I've always had a complete different view.. The people should feel happy and blessed with the fact that some head cheese of some big company even bothers to communicate with the ordinary customer. Hell, in most businesses of that size, even the shareholders can be happy if anyone talks to them.
    And here we have GC, and others too, that put so much time and efforts into the players.. I mean a somewhat intelligent person can see, that GC or some CMs go way beyond their duty. They clearly dedicate much of their spare time, just to talk to whiners and what not.

There's a whole other view to all of this.....
    If GC and Blizz in general wouldn't spend all that time on trying to answer and please all the whining and bitching, then they would have more time to make the game even better, and let those who don't cry about every second thing, be even more happy.

Generally the approach is rather pragmatic:
    It's a silly game, if you don't like it, if it bothers you so much that you to have to go and approach any responsible person, rather angry and with lack of respect, then you should just quit. Cause anything one hates, or dislikes, any rational person eliminates from their life. Every second spent with it is a second wasted. Keeping it around makes one rather look .... well at least silly.
    This pretty much covers the entire spectrum of what I would wish to say about GC/CMs. While I do happen to think a few of his responses were snarky, overall his presence is way more than WoW players deserve. As you mentioned, the "big cheeses" in other companies don't do this sort of thing. Blizzard has amazing customer service and community involvement; it's actually one of their greatest strengths. I can't name a single company on earth this size that tries to communicate with its customers like Blizzard does. I think Blues receive way more crap then they deserve, and I don't envy them for their jobs. In the end, you're absolutely right: it's just a game. It's JUST a GAME. If it's making your life worse, stop playing.