Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    According to the second link they are 16th with a gap of 13k. middle of the pack. So whats wrong with them?
    My primary concern as i've stated earlier is that they've forfeited DPS in exchange for party/raid heals and utility, which again has come at the cost of their own self-sustainability.

A comparison of a Ret Paladin's self healing ( ~20k Mana for a ~30k heal) compared to a Elemental Shaman's/Shadow Priest's self healing is pretty self-evident. All three of those are hybrids and i've listed only three of several.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    IIRC this isn't a Blizz-sanctioned twitter. GC is doing this entirely on his own.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Some of them are, sure. But in his defense, I got the feeling many of the questioners were as well. If you act like garbage, do not be surprised when you get treated like it.

I'll say this much though. After reading the mage bits, I got the impression that he knows fire is sub optimal for pve but doesn't care atm. He's using the "we have 40,000 clueless people must be right" approach. I already went to frost. (Can't stand how Arcane is right now!)

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    My primary concern as i've stated earlier is that they've forfeited DPS in exchange for party/raid heals and utility, which again has come at the cost of their own self-sustainability.

A comparison of a Ret Paladin's self healing ( ~20k Mana for a ~30k heal) compared to a Elemental Shaman's/Shadow Priest's self healing is pretty self-evident. All three of those are hybrids and i've listed only three of several.
    If you are using flash of light to heal as ret you are doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    If you are using flash of light to heal as ret you are doing it wrong.
    It's either that, Lay on Hands, Word of Glory or one of their Level 90 talents; all 4 of which are pretty lacklustre at the moment regarding mana cost, CD, or amount of healing, depending on the spell.
    Last edited by Austilias; 2012-12-26 at 08:05 PM.

People really need to stop acting like Fire was nerfed to an unplayable point. It was nerfed to middle of the pack. I know that it's like a fucking tragedy for Mages to not have all of their specs in the top 5 in the game.

Fire gets nerfed to middle of the pack where it should be and a thousand threads pop up. Meanwhile 4 other classes have all of their DPS specs performing worse than Fire and those people aren't storming the forums like a bunch of spoiled brats.

The blues haven't been arrogant. The community has just been retarded.

If I was a community PR person for blizzard that's how I would answer all stupid questions.

"Blizz, why did you break fire mages?"
    "Player, why are you stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    What is arrogant about that?

Let's take an example:

Ret is nerfed in selfhealing.
    -A player claims he is now dying in two seconds.
    -GC asks him if that 20% healing was the thing that kept him alive, because if 20% healing is the difference between doing okay and dying within 2 seconds than you are doing something wrong.
    Yes, because an extra 20% off the top of Sacred Shield might be able to keep you up long enough to receive a heal instead of just being dropped by a Warrior's I WIN macro. Why is that shit allowed to wait for a major patch, anyway? They never let Retribution finish a season it's actually doing well in without swinging wildly with the nerf bat...
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Arrogance? Hah.

I also like that your favourite one to display "arrogance" is also the one where the poster asking a question is being a total asshole. He's lucky he even got a half-decent reply, he was the one being arrogant, not even worth a reply.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keske View Post
    Anyone claiming he isn't arrogant is either not reading the tweets or lying.
    Oh shut it you spoiled whiny brat. It might be news to you but your opinion isn't some kind of revealed truth and people who disagree with you aren't lying or ignorant. On the contrary I'd bet some of us are convinced you don't actually know the meaning of the word arrogant and confuse it with not kissing your ass. Now go do your chores.

Deleted
    The thing is why do Blizzard representatives keep answering the stupid questions? Is it because nobody on the forums asks intelligent ones, or do they fail to understand the intelligent ones that may be there - so they choose the stupid ones to prove they are doing everything correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by dahorst View Post
    But what if they are in the right place and people just suck more at playing then they want to admit?
    While I will say ret needs a little work, this statement is also spot on. Anyone that is dying in 2 secs is a retard and needs to uninstall.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's either that, Lay on Hands, Word of Glory or one of their Level 90 talents; all 4 of which are pretty lacklustre at the moment regarding mana cost, CD, or amount of healing, depending on the spell.

Why are you worried about self healing if you are posting dps numbers?

Yeah, Noxxic is pretty much crud on the side of my shoe right now.

497 rogue is pulling about 95k on Vizier, but according to Noxxic i should be doing 70? Seems legit.

Not arrogant, just has no patience.

And no, I'm not saying the tweets are fine because they aren't arrogant. They just... aren't arrogant. Wrong word. Sarcastic, condescending, rude, blunt, anything meaning profoundly lacking in customer relations etiquette, etc., but that's not arrogant.

Arrogant means you're full of yourself. He's not talking about himself. He's just being a jerk.

Also, some of the tweets themselves are sarcastic and unnecessarily impolite. In customer service (and yes, he's in "customer service", anyone and everyone who speaks to customers in relation to their business is actively performing a customer service), it would be generally assumed that he would be polite even when the customers (the players) are being rude. But, as the lead game designer of a very successful game and a person who puts up with a lot of crap in general, he finds that he is in a position that allows him to drop the polite customer relations attitude when dealing with his customers.

Why? Who knows, we can only guess.

Is it probably bad for him? Yes. I would say yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post

And no, I'm not saying the tweets are fine because they aren't arrogant. They just... aren't arrogant. Wrong word. Sarcastic, condescending, rude, blunt, anything meaning profoundly lacking in customer relations etiquette, etc., but that's not arrogant.

Arrogant means you're full of yourself. He's not talking about himself. He's just being a jerk.

Also, some of the tweets themselves are sarcastic and unnecessarily impolite. In customer service (and yes, he's in "customer service", anyone and everyone who speaks to customers in relation to their business is actively performing a customer service), it would be generally assumed that he would be polite even when the customers (the players) are being rude. But, as the lead game designer of a very successful game and a person who puts up with a lot of crap in general, he finds that he is in a position that allows him to drop the polite customer relations attitude when dealing with his customers.

He's not being a jerk.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny thing about the wow community, it is so consisting of a vast number of self opinionated dickheads who believe themselves greater then the actual devs, it is small wonder why anyone would put up with that.
    GC and the devs might be giving a service, but that doesn't mean they need to take shit from people in there own enviroment.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post

What are you reading? I'm so confused as to how anyone could read those responses and say they were rude or impolite. He's a saint for answering such retarded questions.
    EverQuest, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest II, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Star Wars TOR, Guild Wars 2, Rift.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Funny thing about the wow community, it is so consisting of a vast number of self opinionated dickheads who believe themselves greater then the actual devs, it is small wonder why anyone would put up with that.
    GC and the devs might be giving a service, but that doesn't mean they need to take shit from people in there own enviroment.
    Indeed, good point. That's that then.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    He should be praised, 95% of the questions asked on twitter are utterly retarded, and he answers the rest normally
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*