Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I'm still hoping that Blizzard will up the drop rate significantly (~35%) for the LFR version of MSV, and moderately (~25%) for HoF/ToES when 5.2's lands. Seriously doubt it, but it would be nice specifically considering there's virtually no ilvl476 or greater weapons to be found outside of LFR and gearing an alt, or from scratch on a new server, can be rough if you're one of those who gets hit by the RNG's badside more than most. (Somebody's got to be super lucky and somebody's got to get over 50 gold bags before getting a useful item.)
    People need to stop crying about the drop rate in LFR, it's fine, stop being a lil bitch.

Don't be that guy.

Deleted
    I'm still hoping that Blizzard will up the drop rate significantly (~35%) for the LFR version of MSV, and moderately (~25%) for HoF/ToES when 5.2's lands. Seriously doubt it, but it would be nice specifically considering there's virtually no ilvl476 or greater weapons to be found outside of LFR and gearing an alt, or from scratch on a new server, can be rough if you're one of those who gets hit by the RNG's badside more than most. (Somebody's got to be super lucky and somebody's got to get over 50 gold bags before getting a useful item.)
    They do need to address the alt issue, I agree. However that is certainly not the solution as it would benefit players that don't have alt's far too much to be viable. It's quite easy to cheat the ilvl system this time round as well, especially with hybrid classes.

Cattlehunter and Herecius pretty much summed up how Blizzard will expect players to gear up. Most guilds will take on a promising player, gear isn't the be all and end all of raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    People need to stop crying about the drop rate in LFR, it's fine, stop being a lil bitch.

Don't be that guy.
    That's cute. You think every complaint about LFR is "crying." We're talking about gearing up for a future raid. If things are kept exactly the same and the next raid's LFR will like have at least a ilvl480 requirement which would require a nearly full set of LFR and valor gear. It's a little strange that you don't want anything at all done to help alts and fresh characters get geared up for future raids considering there won't be any new 5-mans and the pre-5.2 daily quartermasters haven't been datamined to show any 496 gear to match the O:SW/DO equivalents.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

I was seriously freaked out to see the PTR announcement for 5.2, and found myself in a panic about what that meant for a release date.

At the rate I'm going, I won't be ready for the LFR ilvl for the new raids on my main, and I'm not even at the 2nd level of this tier on my alts.

I have won essentially nothing from LFR so far except the same pair of boots nearly every week since launch, and three of each the tier chest and legs.

For someone who plays casually/LFR only... there is definately some concern about progression. Seems weird that the game is tougher for the casuals to play, than raiders (if you believe the "a guild will take you undergeared" - which I don't.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentsatellite View Post
    Seems weird that the game is tougher for the casuals to play, than raiders (if you believe the "a guild will take you undergeared" - which I don't.)
    How is it tougher? I don't quite understand your angle here. It takes a long time to gear up in a world class guild, in fact there are only a handful of players that are currently in heroic BiS. A guild will most certainly take under geared players if said player is good. The reason a lot of people don't join guilds today is down to the fact they can't be bothered to put in the research and effort to post up an application to describe the situation they are in. I would take on a player that had logs/experience or could genuinely prove they had potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentsatellite View Post
    I was seriously freaked out to see the PTR announcement for 5.2, and found myself in a panic about what that meant for a release date.

At the rate I'm going, I won't be ready for the LFR ilvl for the new raids on my main, and I'm not even at the 2nd level of this tier on my alts.

I have won essentially nothing from LFR so far except the same pair of boots nearly every week since launch, and three of each the tier chest and legs.

For someone who plays casually/LFR only... there is definately some concern about progression. Seems weird that the game is tougher for the casuals to play, than raiders (if you believe the "a guild will take you undergeared" - which I don't.)
    You still have at least a month to gear up .

Quote Originally Posted by OscaR View Post
    You still have at least a month to gear up .
    true - but this also means that alts which havent been up to lfr lv at least now can be left out untouched in 5.2 - no point gearing up them then cause it will take at least a month to get them anywhere near to be raid ready . If ur not raiding normals now u will have really hard time to start it in 5.2 - cause guilds will be focused on 5.2 progress not on gearing up new potential raiders. If u havent raided in TBC u simply dont know how it will look like. Stealing out raiders from one guilds to another to fill out will be on daily baisis. Thats what people are afraid of. For high populated servers this wont matter too much - but for low/dead servers it will be a killer to raiding -_-

Everyone is making several assumptions that I think are jumping the gun.

We do not yet know what the ilvl gain will be from this tier to the next. It may not be all that significant. And we do not know what LFR ilvl requirement will be. I really doubt it will be hard to get.

It may be that you only need 3-4 pieces of T14 LFR gear (Plus rest 5 man heroic) to get into T15 LFR. That would be very reasonable to get. There may also be a few pieces of JP and VP that are easily attainable in 5.2 to bring your ilvl up.

We know that Blizzard intends you to have to do at least some T14 before going into T15. Until we know how much you can't say it will be that much of a killer.

Imagine if a person had to have full 5 man heroic gear plus at least 4-5 pieces of T14 LFR to get into T15 LFR. But, if you farmed rep you could do it with say, 2, maybe 3, pieces of T14 LFR. Anyone willing to put even a little time into their toon could be there quickly. I think that kind scenario is much more likely then T15 LFR requiring full T14 LFR gear.

That's cute. You think every complaint about LFR is "crying." We're talking about gearing up for a future raid. If things are kept exactly the same and the next raid's LFR will like have at least a ilvl480 requirement which would require a nearly full set of LFR and valor gear. It's a little strange that you don't want anything at all done to help alts and fresh characters get geared up for future raids considering there won't be any new 5-mans and the pre-5.2 daily quartermasters haven't been datamined to show any 496 gear to match the O:SW/DO equivalents.
    Normal and heroic mode raids don't give guaranteed loot, either. That's what valor and crafted gear is for.

Also, there was a blue post to the effect that past tiers are intended to remain relevant even when new tiers are released. So you won't be "behind" if you're running tier fourteen LFR after tier fifteen is released. If that's all you're geared for, then tier fourteen LFR is right where you should be.

We will just have to see how the model works as we go. If you want to gear through lfr the. There no time limit at all. The modes will still be available later. If you want to gear with a guild then you may need a different tactic, but you won't be completely behind the curve yet.

If the intended model is no more bridge dungeons, then we will see what happens. I recall lots of guilds being stuck in Kara and just never getting any farther when it was current. More progressed guilds had to run new members through past tiers and feed them all the gear. It didn't take a long time, but it wasn't fun for the members who had to do it. Eventually they added badges so that there would be an incentive to go back. But even that gets maxed out.

I guess I am off topic, but its funny that the developers decided jp/vp is a bad system, yet seem to be returning to the raid model that made it happen in the first place.

Well anyways, good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nablism View Post
    so I was wondering for someone who started the expansion really late (not even 90 yet!), how hard will it be to gear-catch up for 5.2 so I could start raiding (considering i find a guild ofc) once it's out? will they offer 5 men heroics that will drop Tier14 equivalent ilvl gear or anything like that? if I am not mistaken they did something like that when the End Time dungeons came out? thanks
    I don't think it will be that hard if you put some effort into it. If Blizzard stick to what they have said about releasing patches this expansion we will see a raiding tier roughly every 6 month with a "lore-patch" (5.1) around 2 month after a tier release. That means 5.2 won't be out until March, which seems about right with ptr for 5.2 being up for around 2 month.
    That gives you 2 month from now on to farm VP, run LFR/Sha of Anger and even find a guild to start doing normal raids in current tier to gear up. I don't think they will add dungeons with patch 5.2, so you might have to run through tier 14 to gear up abit for tier 15. My guess though is that they will nerf tier 14 alot when they release next patch, so you can probably pug it at that time somewhat easy.
    If they add dungeons that might be with patch 5.3 (around 2 month after 5.2), to make it easier to catch up. Also my guess is tier 15 LFR will drop item lvl 489-496 (Blizzard said if you run tier 14 heroic you won't need to do tier 15 LFR), and the requirement will probably be item lvl 475-480 for entering it.

Conquest cap every single week, because PVP gear is equivalent to same-item-level PVE gear now.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are significantly behind, which even though it is made up for with your spirit and dedication, it does mean you're behind on the Legendary quest chain. This quest, unfortunately is completely outside your control. You will be 5-7 weeks depending on your luck beyond everyone else. This might mean that at some point in the future if it is decided that the 5.3 raid requires a raid stacking of people on the final stage of the legendary quest must be in there to make the DPS or heal, or whatever check (these might be legendaries with on-use effects like Kael'thas)-- you'd need to be on the bench until you caught up.

This new system is brutal for people who wish to catch up. At 750 valor cost, you can get roughly 1 vp upgrade per week and an extra on every 3rd week. You are hit with a statistical double whammy here because your ilvl is behind, you will likely be spending vp on non-BiS items, then will later be at a disadvantage in ilvl once you are in full BiS. It is an unfortunate reality that you may never be caught up for this entire expansion unless Blizzard realizes this and implements a way to catch up.

hmmm i dunno when 5.2 will hit but pretty sure march/April, so you got heaps of time to catch up.

also like many have said before they will probably convert vp items into jp or somethjing along the line
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vexxie View Post
    How is it tougher? I don't quite understand your angle here. It takes a long time to gear up in a world class guild, in fact there are only a handful of players that are currently in heroic BiS. A guild will most certainly take under geared players if said player is good. The reason a lot of people don't join guilds today is down to the fact they can't be bothered to put in the research and effort to post up an application to describe the situation they are in. I would take on a player that had logs/experience or could genuinely prove they had potential.
    You misunderstand. I used to raid, but can't any longer due to work schedules. I simply can't put that much time into raiding and farming, and can't commit to certain days for raid.
    The only reason I came back to the game was LFR, as I can't do much else.

However, with the rate I've been getting gear in LFR, I more than likely won't be able to move on to the next tier when it comes out.
    Doesn't matter if I have a month, or a year... I have gotten literally next to nothing. I'm not talking about getting my Heroic BiS... I'm talking about getting the ilvl requirement for LFR.

Deleted
    I think the main problem is that you can only get loot from LFR once a week. So if you're trying to catch up, you run the 5.0 LFRs once each, and if you're not up to the ilvl the 5.2 LFRs need, then you have to wait till next week. Compare that to 4.3, where you could essentially grind out the gear to get into LFR in the End Time heroics.
    Solutions to that problem:
    A. Make the LFR drop loot for all runs, and not only the first one each week.
    B. Dramatically increase the intake of Justice Points (and of course move current valor gear to justice). Maybe make valor points that exceed the cap convert to justice (i think I read that that is happening anyway). And of course make 476-496 gear upgradeable with JP.

One unforseen consequence of this new model of gearing, is the que times are going to be insane at the final level. Just look at the difference from first 3 raids, MSV is 10-17 min, HoF is 20-35 min, Terrace is 45-1h wait. One can imagine that puts the new raid at probably a 1 and a half to 2 hour wait after the first few weeks. With 5.3 it could climb literally over 2 hours once it's been out for a bit if they literally don't do anything to assist in gearing over the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyN View Post
    One unforseen consequence of this new model of gearing, is the que times are going to be insane at the final level. Just look at the difference from first 3 raids, MSV is 10-17 min, HoF is 20-35 min, Terrace is 45-1h wait. One can imagine that puts the new raid at probably a 1 and a half to 2 hour wait after the first few weeks. With 5.3 it could climb literally over 2 hours once it's been out for a bit if they literally don't do anything to assist in gearing over the expansion.
    Unless for some reason the people raiding the current content also do the more recent LFRs in order to gear up?

No, theres no way that could happen, how silly of me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    They will not be doing that with 5 man heroics this time round due to the fact we have LFR for each tier of the expansion which drops a lesser version of the tiers raid gear. LFR will be the only real way to gear up unless you find a guild which runs Tier 14 normals and nothing else.

So 5 man heroics (463 gear) => LFR MSV (476 gear) => LFR HoF and ToES (483 gear).

Might take you a while but it's how the game is designed now.
    By farming Justice Points via heroics, i suppose you will be able to get the 489 gear and 496 gear. The reputation might still be needed, but is easily too get.

That way, you should get everything except weapons. Those would still have to be taken via PVP or LFR. But i think you might be able to upgrade them via JP t0 497/504. We will have to see what happens.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2013-01-01 at 11:21 PM.

So easy. get dungeon blues, and do a raid where everyone outgears it but one or two people, handle business, get loots, call it a day.