Hello to all,
I've been given a gift of a long weekend in Reykjavik for next weekend.
Normally I get chance to plan the best things to do but <1 week to research everything at this time of year isn't enough, so would anyone have must see/do things in Reykjavik?
Also, is there anything to try that I can only do or get in Iceland?
Initial searching I found:
1) Husky sled ride (get this local or through the holiday reps; which is cheaper)
2) Snowmobile hire (same as above, source locally or through the holiday reps)
3) Food; I would like to try reindeer/puffin/whale as these are different dishes I'd never get to try back home
4) Visiting a geyser/glacier?
5) Trying an open air thermal pool (dress code for these?)
6) Whale watching trip
I'll be traveling with a teenager so nightclubs and booze cruises are out lol, but we both are prertty active so walking/running/cycling/skiing are all activities we can participate in.
Any other suggestions would be extremely appreciated as I'd like to try the things the locals do and not just be a typical tourist.