5.2 and Justice v. Honor

Assuming Blizzard holds true to the model they've used for PvP gear acquisition for some time now the current Season 12 gear (483) will be purchase-able with Honor come Season 13. However, since there are no intentions for any new 5 man dungeons, PvE gear acquisition pre-raid drops will still be limited to 463 from heroic dungeons for all intents and purposes

If the above holds true, this will make farming Honor more attractive than farming Justice from both a PvE and PvP perspective. Is this an oversight by Blizzard or will Blizzard update current heroic dungeon PvE gear in some fashion to make it competitive with Season 12 PvP gear in Season 13?

I'm expecting all the current Valor gear to be purchasable with Justice points. They'll probably drop or remove the rep requirement as well. That should give everyone access to 12+ 489/496 pieces of gear. Enough to almost fully equip a new character.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I'd love to level and maybe gear a few alts that way, I think they should change the 489 VP MoP reps to be account bound in 5.2, and be purchasable with JP.
    ToT LFR will have lower ilvl than 496 anyway.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

They have stated again and again that they want us to use the raid finder to gear up our alts.
    I'm fine with it - even tho me and RNG have NEVER EVER been friends.
    My main still hasn't gotten an epic ring

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 02:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    As much as I'd love to level and maybe gear a few alts that way, I think they should change the 489 VP MoP reps to be account bound in 5.2, and be purchasable with JP.
    ToT LFR will have lower ilvl than 496 anyway.
    Pretty sure I read "half a tier behind the last tier" at the begining of MoP when they talked about future tiers and LFR. That is with math 6½ ilvls.
    529 is the new ilvl if I aint that far behind.
    Then they had to talk about half a tier from the last heroic? otherwise the new lfr will give 489 and the new itemlvl is 30 ilvls after that.
    Just tinfoil'ing ...

Quote Originally Posted by Copperbolt View Post
    They have stated again and again that they want us to use the raid finder to gear up our alts.
    The problem with that is the Season 12 gear is just as good as LFR gear for PvE, exceptions being tier, weapons, and trinkets in ascending order. Plus you can control your gear progression with honor gear whereas LFR is purely RNG and restricted on a weekly basis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Copperbolt View Post

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 02:38 PM ----------

Pretty sure I read "half a tier behind the last tier" at the begining of MoP when they talked about future tiers and LFR. That is with math 6½ ilvls.
    529 is the new ilvl if I aint that far behind.
    Then they had to talk about half a tier from the last heroic? otherwise the new lfr will give 489 and the new itemlvl is 30 ilvls after that.
    Just tinfoil'ing ...
    Used to be an increase of about 13 ilvls (with DS LFR being 13 ilvls behind normal gear) per tier in the same expansion. With this new model of 2 ilvl's per tier, not so sure what to think.
    So, if ToT normal gear would be 509, LFR would be either 489 or 497, depending on which model they use.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.