Why do people complain about priests CC?

This is something I never get, people complaining about psyfiend. This is on a long cooldown, one of our only reliable CC's without getting in melee ranged of the person, which in PVP you don't do, and said fiend has low hp.

As shadow you have a silence to but thats it for CC. Every other class apart from priests have a decent ammount of CC yet people complain about shadow priests.

I was on my disc priest yesterday and was going against a spriest. Now, I've only played disc (even while leveling) and have yet to try spriest but I can tell you that I was pretty floored with how many times I lost control of my toon in the span of 2 minutes or so. This was in the 90's bracket (I haven't updated my sig yet). I don't know what the hell this guy was doing but it seemed like I was cc'd way more then I've been with other classes. Good think disc priests are somewhat OP and I was able to keep the guy from capping the mines until help arrived but still, it was pretty crazy.

Deleted
    I battled against an arms warrior and a disc priest in arena earlier today (2v2), and out of the 4 minutes that the match lasted I was cc'd for roughly 40-45 seconds. It was not fun. Take into account that the fear on me was dispelled once by my teammate and I trinketed a full lenght warrior fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonaire View Post
    I battled against an arms warrior and a disc priest in arena earlier today (2v2), and out of the 4 minutes that the match lasted I was cc'd for roughly 40-45 seconds. It was not fun. Take into account that the fear on me was dispelled once by my teammate and I trinketed a full lenght warrior fear.
    But our psyfiend fear and pyscic scream are on the same diminishing returns.

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    But our psyfiend fear and pyscic scream are on the same diminishing returns.
    horrify and silence are on different diminishing returns however, and if i'm not mistaken priests are one of the few casters who are keeping their blanket silence.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

who the fuck still complaining about this? it's shitty after the nerf, I play a hunter and I that thing with 2 arcane shots xD plus it's 2 sec cast.. it's horrible now imo
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you see more outcry from the nubs than actually skilled players. I treat Psyfiend just like I would a Shaman totem, I kill them on sight. If you sit and allow it to keep fearing you, Psyfiend is not your problem lol. Maybe it's OP in a bg when used against a healer by himself who doesn't have the damage or interrupts to deal with it effectively, but I haven't had any problems with it as a Frost DK.
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kleinlax21 View Post
    I think you see more outcry from the nubs than actually skilled players. I treat Psyfiend just like I would a Shaman totem, I kill them on sight. If you sit and allow it to keep fearing you, Psyfiend is not your problem lol. Maybe it's OP in a bg when used against a healer by himself who doesn't have the damage or interrupts to deal with it effectively, but I haven't had any problems with it as a Frost DK.
    As a fairly knowledgeable pvp spriest I've actually been telling people to specifically Not take Psyfiend after the nerf to it, it was way over-nerfed imo - now either option is better - not because they are so great, but because psyfiend is so bad now: most classes kill it in a white attack or a pet attack, who it fears is completely unpredictable and wrecks your DRs, it only has a 20 yard range, so you can just not stand near it, etc.

People complain about shadow's CC because 95% of Shadow Gladiator-contenders this season are playing either Shadow/Fmage/Resto Shaman, or Shadow/Fmage/Tree - which means when you fight a spriest you are fighting a frost mage, and possibly getting chain-cycloned/rooted when the frost mage is on DR, but that's the amount of CC required to make shadow competitive right now: if the enemy team never gets to make a move, then Shadow is totally dangerous! ;p

Generally though its like Kleinlax21 said, it's because people are bad (true of most complaints for most classes, but not quite all complaints, obviously).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter