My Imaginary MMORPG

Ok so If I were a game designer instead of a loser this is How my game would be, Would you play it?

There would be three factions that would level to endgame mostly separate from each other
    The First Faction would be Extreme PVE Every quest would have extra steps to make it harder so you could just finish it Bronze, Silver or gold getting extra gold or better items.
    Each class would get extra talents that added points to whatever and certain talents would be better than others Depending on what level you are or what zone you're in so you'd have to constantly change talents to tweak out every little more point of healing, damage or threat.

Every zone would have a few monsters higher level than the rest that you'd have to watch out for and they'd look the same as the others so'd you'd have to be careful. Dungeons would have extra optional bosses that gave better rewards.

The mood of the faction would be quasi- fascist and hierarchical and players that have better gear would be able to force lesser geared player characters to bow and scrape before them. the characters would look brutal and rough and the higher gear would look bigger and more jagged or flaming.

The Second faction would be pvp. It would work like a pvp server except that quests and dungeons would teleport in other players (who could either accept or refuse the ports) to fight. There would still be monsters but most of the danger would come from other players. Being in groups to quest or even just travel around would be necessary and you'd get bonuses for being in groups with people from your guild. The mood of the faction would be alot like ancient Greece, Sparta and Rome very competitive and all the players of that faction in each sever would be ranked with a pvp score that would be next to your name so every one could see how good or bad you are. all the characters would look sleek, athletic, tanned and the armor would be very skimpy looking to show of their perfect bodies.

The third faction would be Role playing. Everything would be overly complicated with extra choices like names, last names, earning titles, marriage , npc relatives extra emotes, extra dances etc. The quest chains would be long and finishing them would involve remembering stuff that happened in other quests before hand. of course there'd be choices in the quests to help or betray npcs and that would affect later quests. and most quests would and a bit of randomness so you'd have to read the text. the dungeons would mostly not be actual dungeons but instanced towns and farms and whatever. The characters would look a bit more like regular people. Plainer looking, small boobs, pudgy short, dirty. They'd pant and huff when they run too much, fall down every now and then and scream and cry when they get hit.

The best part would be the end game when all these factions would actually have to work together on some of the quests and raids. I'm thinking dungeons where you need the pve guys to do most of the damage but you also need roleplaying guys to talk to the badguys so you don't have to fight too many at the same time and get overwhelmed, meanwhile player characters would be porting into the instance so you need the pvp guys to fight them and this would all happen at once!
    Last edited by Sj; 2012-12-28 at 01:08 AM.

Deleted
    Dude, add some paragraphs. Your post is unreadable in its current form.

I thought I did, must of came out wrong. oh well

Quote Originally Posted by Gixkai View Post
    I thought I did, must of came out wrong. oh well
    If you want people to read what you have to say, you may want to format your OP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gixkai View Post
    Ok so If I were a game designer instead of a loser this is How my game would be, Would you play it?

There would be three factions that would level to endgame mostly separate from each other
    The First Faction would be Extreme PVE Every quest would have extra steps to make it harder so you could just finish it Bronze, Silver or gold getting extra gold or better items.
    Each class would get extra talents that added points to whatever and certain talents would be better than others Depending on what level you are or what zone you're in so you'd have to constantly change talents to tweak out every little more point of healing, damage or threat.

Every zone would have a few monsters higher level than the rest that you'd have to watch out for and they'd look the same as the others so'd you'd have to be careful. Dungeons would have extra optional bosses that gave better rewards.

The mood of the faction would be quasi- fascist and hierarchical and players that have better gear would be able to force lesser geared player characters to bow and scrape before them. the characters would look brutal and rough and the higher gear would look bigger and more jagged or flaming.

The Second faction would be pvp. It would work like a pvp server except that quests and dungeons would teleport in other players (who could either accept or refuse the ports) to fight. There would still be monsters but most of the danger would come from other players. Being in groups to quest or even just travel around would be necessary and you'd get bonuses for being in groups with people from your guild. The mood of the faction would be alot like ancient Greece, Sparta and Rome very competitive and all the players of that faction in each sever would be ranked with a pvp score that would be next to your name so every one could see how good or bad you are. all the characters would look sleek, athletic, tanned and the armor would be very skimpy looking to show of their perfect bodies.

The third faction would be Role playing. Everything would be overly complicated with extra choices like names, last names, earning titles, marriage , npc relatives extra emotes, extra dances etc. The quest chains would be long and finishing them would involve remembering stuff that happened in other quests before hand. of course there'd be choices in the quests to help or betray npcs and that would affect later quests. and most quests would and a bit of randomness so you'd have to read the text. the dungeons would mostly not be actual dungeons but instanced towns and farms and whatever. The characters would look a bit more like regular people. Plainer looking, small boobs, pudgy short, dirty. They'd pant and huff when they run too much, fall down every now and then and scream and cry when they get hit.

The best part would be the end game when all these factions would actually have to work together on some of the quests and raids. I'm thinking dungeons where you need the pve guys to do most of the damage but you also need roleplaying guys to talk to the badguys so you don't have to fight too many at the same time and get overwhelmed, meanwhile player characters would be porting into the instance so you need the pvp guys to fight them and this would all happen at once!
    cause im bored

I always thought it would be interesting to have an MMO where when you died, instead of resurrecting or being forced to run back to your corpse, you would have to quest and fight in the spirit realm. And then if you "died" in the spirit realm, you'd come back to life in the living realm. It would make for a confusing raid. Imagine having to fight a boss in the living world and the spirit realm and having to decide which members to suicide to fight the boss on the other side... and having to keep them balanced.

But... There's probably a game out there like that already. And if not, someone should make it!

I'll be honest, I didn't read the whole post, the beginning was already unappealing (IMO).

If its ok ill borrow this thread instead of creating a new one. I love the ideas EVE that essentially makes it one of (if not the) best Sandbox MMOs. My only issue with the game is the gameplay, I prefer direct control instead of playing a one unit RTS. So essentially EVE's sandbox, market, corp, etc ideas mixed with direct control combat (maybe similar to WoW) would be my dream MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabbycat View Post
    I always thought it would be interesting to have an MMO where when you died, instead of resurrecting or being forced to run back to your corpse, you would have to quest and fight in the spirit realm. And then if you "died" in the spirit realm, you'd come back to life in the living realm. It would make for a confusing raid. Imagine having to fight a boss in the living world and the spirit realm and having to decide which members to suicide to fight the boss on the other side... and having to keep them balanced.

But... There's probably a game out there like that already. And if not, someone should make it!
    I don't remember the name of it, but there was an MMO in the early 2000's which did something like that. Basically your character would die and go to an after life, you could be reincarnated, or act as a ghost in the main game. It was a strange game where you could have children.