Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[5.1] Boomkin Stat priority [ Haste Vs Crit] which shoulde i go for

so i been looking around at dif forums and people on the armory .. and i see some boomkins go for more haste and some go for crit and u have the ocassional tards who go for mastery... ive tried going some crit and some haste and someone told me to go for all Haste,.. and bushino and some other druids look to for crit?? any suggestions..

i just wanna see what is actualy better.. or if it just depends on ur gear or fight or what...

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Crit.

Ten

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Crit.

Ten
    Haste to 5273 then Crit.

Deleted
    what Throim said.. u wanna get to the first softcap on haste ( 5273 ) after that u wanna go for Crit full out.
    once u get lucky to hit 4set bonus. u dont need the same numbers of haste. have that in mind.

Alright thanks ..

More importantly, look at what you'll sacrifice to get that first softcap and consider what type of content you're doing... If you forge out of a ton of crit to get that haste cap, you might consider going full crit (well crit>haste) until you get a higher ilevel. You haven't provided any context for your question, such as what your gear level is and what level of content you're working on...
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

this is my armory and ilvl incase u were wondering

Quote Originally Posted by Kagonos View Post
    More importantly, look at what you'll sacrifice to get that first softcap and consider what type of content you're doing... If you forge out of a ton of crit to get that haste cap, you might consider going full crit (well crit>haste) until you get a higher ilevel. You haven't provided any context for your question, such as what your gear level is and what level of content you're working on...

Chuchnourish

korgath

Alliance

482ilvl balance.- 488 Resto

im pretty much just working on normal mv & Hof atm. i just transfered to this server.. so im looking for a raiding guild clearing normal and working on heroic content.

a few of my resto pieces are mixed in.. so it is tough to get what pieces i have to reforge and such but i think my only resto peices are the bracers neck n cloak

fuck the haste breakpoint and go for crit, let the breakpoints come naturally with gear until you get very close.

this is what every top moonkin who actually raids will tell you. spreadsheets are typically made by people who do math more than kill dragons

Deleted
    Crit = more critcal hits = more starsurges. Haste is good but if you reach that soft cap then you will propably stay on 5273 for while.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crunk View Post
    fuck the haste breakpoint and go for crit, let the breakpoints come naturally with gear until you get very close.

this is what every top moonkin who actually raids will tell you. spreadsheets are typically made by people who do math more than kill dragons
    Considering how easy it is to reforge, that's a fairly simple statement.

I kill plenty of internet dragons, I also have the haste breakpoint.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    Considering how easy it is to reforge, that's a fairly simple statement.

I kill plenty of internet dragons, I also have the haste breakpoint.
    But there are no dragons in this tier. Better get used to saying "I kill Sha-corrupted individuals"

Edit: Actually technically Elegon is a Celestial Dragon but since this affiliation isn't a member of any dragonflight I won't count it. Tsulong is a Cloud Serpent.
    Last edited by Stommped; 2012-12-27 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    But there are no dragons in this tier. Better get used to saying "I kill Sha-corrupted individuals"
    Elegon sure looks like a dragon to me

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Actually that is just a computer. Tsulong is the only real dragon. Outnerded.
    Resto Druid - Temerity - 7/7M @ 3 Days / Week

And Tsulong.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    See my edited post above. Since there is no Celestial Dragonflight it wouldn't be counted as your typical Dragon. Wowpedia even lists Mechanical as its' race so you can see how truly different it is from every other dragon.

---------- Post added 2012-12-27 at 09:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    And Tsulong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprucelee View Post
    Actually that is just a computer. Tsulong is the only real dragon. Outnerded.
    Tsulong is a Cloud Serpent.

Cloud serpent = dragon

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprucelee View Post
    Cloud serpent = dragon
    Because you say so? Dragon = Dragon. Not Dragon = Not Dragon.

Google "Chinese DRAGON"

I am not talking aspects here, just common knowledge/vernacular. Next you're gonna tell me that Crocalisks are not Crocodiles?

Deleted
    Does anyone know what the new haste breakpoint is with the 4 set?

@Boosta It's in the sticky http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...de-5-0-Edition

here, copied from the sticky (values include NG and 5% raid haste buff)
    Our T14 4 set bonus adds 2s to the base time of our dots, which changes our break points
    Base # ticks = 8
    9th tick - automatic
    10th tick - automatic
    11th tick - 3706
    12th tick - 8089